I have a friend with a family history of MS and they wanted to know if it was possible for tongue bitting to be a symptom? Also can you get MS at any age?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
tongue bitting,age and MS
Collapse
X
-
tongue bitting,age and MS
Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.phpTags: None
-
Yes, you can get MS at any age, and having a family history of it might increase your chances of getting it......at least according to some researchers.
Tongue biting: probably not a symptom, but the tongue is a muscle....so if it is weakened because of nerve damage, or the face or jaw weakened, difficulty eating nor swallowing could lead to tongue biting, I suppose
-
Maybe if one of those jaw muscles was going into spasm, it would cause tongue-biting?
There's been quite a lot of attention to MS in children recently. For a long time it sounded as if it almost never cropped up in anyone under about the age of 20 but they've been finding out that kids can have MS too. And people over 40 or 50 or even beyond can develop MS.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I have had tongue-biting problems and swallowing problems too. The problem isn't as bad these days but I did just bite my tongue in this past week. Does feel like a spastic jaw tightening thing and I do not feel a lot of pain it is just a nuisance and weird to me.DAR
R/R 1993
Draw close to God and he will draw close to you. - James 4:8
Comment
-
Can you get MS if you are over 65? THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES!Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php
Comment
-
It would be very unusual to develop MS at that age, but it is possible.Originally posted by funnylegs4 View PostCan you get MS if you are over 65? THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR REPLIES!"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I thought I remembered hearing about some people who were diagnosed at around 65, and in a few seconds of Google search I found a site where at least one person was diagnosed at age 65.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Well, there's a statement at the top of the page when you visit this board--a description of MS:
Parsi, I've bitten my tongue quite a few times but thought it was just my somewhat misaligned jaw that was responsible. If funnylegs is talking about someone whose tongue-biting happens often--once a day or so--that might be a symptom of something. In any case it would be annoying.The disorder is most commonly diagnosed between ages 20 and 40, but can be seen at any ageSPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment

Comment