Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT December Chit Chat

    Howdy everyone,, how goes the battles,,wow Dec. snuck up on me,,

    We are gearing up for shotgun season this weekend,,{deer},, of course I am the cook,, have the menu all planned ,, beef stew/biscuits.cookies/and other stuff,,

    My sister had open heart surgery today, I would have been there, but the family never told anyone till after, she is doing well so far,, time is a factor here.

    this month I have to decide about the new drug for secondary progressive,, if I want to go off what I am on,, or go for the one shot every 6 months,, a lot to ponder,,

    later then
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Here is hoping your sister heals up uneventfully.

    How do you go about making the decision? What does the neuro think. I recall Cats problem when she stopped Betaseron.

    Comment


      #3
      The Shining In My Mug

      All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy.

      All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy.

      All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy. All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy.

      All work and no beer makes Howie a dull boy.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        Peg, I pray for your sister and the hands helping her today.
        A change of drug can be a very difficult decision. Going to a new drug makes it even tougher.

        Howie, I give you a B. Not as good as your haikus but I see effort in a title, paragraphs and a closing sentence.

        It's a gorgeous day here. Blue sky, full sun and it's in the low 50's. Clear & crisp day.

        ANN
        Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-01-2016, 07:22 AM.
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Peg, here's hoping your sister will be OK.

          One shot every 6 months sounds good. One thing about the new drugs--they seem to have tested them up and down and sideways to make sure no harm will be done, and so whatever drug you're going to be on probably won't do any serious damage.

          Howie, those are nicely paragraphed statements. And the title does force the reader to think, and thinking is good.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            Ma dang haid dun started swallin'.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              Peg so sorry about your Sister. I do hope that with time she will be as good as new.

              Changing drugs is such a big decision. Does your Neuro feel that changing will be better than staying on the one you are on? That is the question we face, and never have a clear cut answer to.

              Howie, you did so good. Such a snappy title to get one's attention, and then the nice paragraphing. We are so proud of you. Go ahead and let your head swell.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #8
                Peg, I'm sorry about your sister. Heart issues are close to home for me. Lost my father to heart disease, and one brother, and the other has some heart issues but thankfully is still alive and kicking. I hope your sister does OK.

                Howie...I'd love to see your head swell...and burst...only way to verify there's something IN there!! :)
                ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                Comment


                  #9
                  Ma haid iz whar I keeps ma valuables.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    :) Update on my 17 year old van saga: I made it to the mechanic with a stop halfway and asked a stranger to please get the antifreeze container from the back and put it in my radiator. The mechanic worked on it until 11:50 and they flushed it several times and the problem was the radiator cap had gone bad. The bill was $120.

                    Peg I added your sister to my prayer list.

                    I got a hamburger in the drive thru at Checkers and then went to the dental appointment at 1. The tooth that had broken and they pulled gum has not closed so they could not do the impressions and I have to go back in 4 weeks. I was glad as I did not feel like being in the chair for hours. As it was I was there over an hour.

                    I came straight home and collapsed into my computer chair. I am going to bed early. I can't believe Christmas is so close. Merry Christmas everyone. I have a pumpkin pie and some eggnog so I think that will help. I hope I get the spirit soon. Jeanie :)
                    Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-01-2016, 01:00 PM. Reason: typo

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Jeanie, I'd like to think that Christmas isn't "so close." Three weeks plus 4 days--that's a long long time. I'd like to think it is anyway. In fact, it's over 3 and a half weeks.

                      Nearly a month!

                      Glad you escaped spending hours in a dentist's chair. Even just sitting there can be tiring. I try not to tense up while dental work is being done. I go all limp and imagine myself in some other place, maybe lying somewhere with the spring breeze blowing through the trees, with trees overhanging a bubbling stream, one of those that passes over a few shiny rocks, with very clear water and the odd fish or crawdad visible in it. If I can do this I've put myself in a different place, not at the dentist's at all, and the whole thing goes more easily.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Agate, that's a good mind trick and very useful.

                        Jeanne, sorry you had to put more money into your van.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #13
                          :) I prayed about my dental appointment before I went in and told God I would have a hard time with a long appointment. My prayer was heard and I got a partial relief on the time.

                          Agate I will try your idea next time. Going to bed soon. Jeanie :)

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Jeanie, glad things were a "little" better today than expected. Hope you get a good nights rest.

                            Agate, I can't do meditation while at the Dentist because the lady that cleans my teeth talks about things that require I listen and kind of wave my hand around to let her know I understand. She is talking about her family. I get caught up every time on her whole family.

                            Not one Christmas card have I started and I am not going to do much decorating, but the little I do has not been started.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Virginia, teeth cleaning isn't one of the procedures I'd use this for. Usually I don't mind teeth cleaning at all though I believe some people find it very painful.

                              I go into another world for heavy-duty drilling, tooth extractions, root canals--anything where there's a fairly long spell of discomfort. The staff people aren't usually talking then. Sometimes they talk among themselves about their vacation plans and their families but I privately wish they'd focus on getting my dental work right.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X