Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    nuthatch (Joan), the two little ones are charmers! And so obviously bright as buttons too. The younger one seems to have plenty to keep him busy there!

    Would a tabletop Christmas tree be a solution? There used to be some available in 4-foot or 5-foot heights--I don't know if they're still around.

    I have that dry mouth problem too--waking up at night just for water. I keep a bottle of it handy. Actually I fill a water bottle with ice cubes and count on them to melt during the night and the water will be cooler.

    Congratulations on getting the new wheelchair! I hope it comes through as planned --better yet, earlier than planned.

    Yes, some of the companies were really pressuring people into buying power chairs or scooters, or at least a while ago they were. I was told by several of those companies that I could get one with no problem. I didn't believe it for a minute. I knew I wouldn't qualify in a million years.

    But I had to catch the sales representatives fast because they were about to send off forms for my doctor to sign. They knew the whole routine and were all too eager to get the process started. They kept insisting it would be covered. I'm glad I didn't let them move ahead with this idea.

    I hope your new chair turns out to be helpful for you.

    I hope you'll follow up with news about the kind of Christmas tree you'll be getting!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #47
      Nuthatch, Baclofen really helps control my spasms....

      Comment


        #48
        :) Nuthatch I had my sons 14 months apart. 9 Months apart is closer, wow. They are adorable. I used to tie my tree to the window so it would not go over. I put all the unbreakable ornaments on the bottom.

        Yesterday I finally finished my Christmas cards. I will put them in the mailbox tomorrow. Christmas is sneaking up on us. I am not ready. Next weekend Andy says he will help me put up the tree and other Christmas decorations.

        I will only do stockings with money in them along with candy fruit and nuts. Also maybe dinner for all here if Andy cooks or take everyone to dinner one evening. Jeanie :)
        Last edited by Jeanie Z; 12-04-2016, 02:57 PM. Reason: typo

        Comment


          #49
          I've had a Hoveround for years, and don't use it because I don't need it. But back when I got it, I had no problem getting it. I keep it plugged in so the battery is always charged.

          Better to have it and not need it, than to need it, and not have it, and have to jump through hoops to get it.

          Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
          Last edited by Howie; 12-04-2016, 04:17 PM.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #50
            Nuthatch, those are adorable kids! Please take some pictures of them together when they get there.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #51
              Joan, what bright, bright eyes!! You can just see the expressions of "I am ready to learn and do things in this world on both their faces". Ann is right we need pictures of them together when they get to your house. Tula is probably going to want to pet and love on Everett - like a little Mother. I do hope you get your new electric wheelchair without too much trouble, and I hope it helps you to get around better. As far as dry mouth is concerned I assume you have tried ACT mouthwash. I found it to be helpful. Has not completely done away with dry mouth, but helped a lot.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #52
                Agate, that is a good way of looking at taking care of yourself - as your job!! There is one thing for sure - if we live alone there is no one to do it for us, and I am not complaining about that. I am getting to the point that I would like a maid a little more often and a little longer.

                Jeanie, you are so smart. I haven't done anything other than 15 Christmas labels. No decorations, just nothing.

                Went to steak house tonight. I already can't even remember the name of it and it is one I have been to before. Jeanie, I have heard you mention it. I think you have taken your two sons there. I drove the 10.4 miles to my brother's house and went with them. We were going to one that is close to my Niece's house and that one is at least 25 miles through heavy traffic for me. Also, an area I am not familiar with. Since it was dark and also raining here tonight I did not feel comfortable driving there. Glad to be home.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #53
                  Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Parsi, who has pneumonia.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    :) Saying exttra prayers for Parsi. Jeanie :)

                    Comment


                      #55
                      December? How did that happen?
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #56
                        Best wishes to Parsi - hope she recovers completely and soon.

                        Sally - did you just wake up and find you had missed November? Hope you are feeling better!
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Parsi, please take care the best you can. Maybe some Parsnip Tea?

                          I feel for you. I had a long bronchitis last year and can't imagine pneumonia.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Take care of yourself, Parsi. We miss you!


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Speedy recovery Parsi.

                              For some reason, and I'm not complaining, I NEVER get sick. Where I worked before MS, I would call in sick now and then, just to have the day off. But actually being sick, I can't remember when.

                              Since I've been DXed, I always give the revved up immune system the credit, but who knows.
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #60
                                Though the sun is shining today, it's been so cold that the remaining annuals on the patio have given up the ghost. They always look so sad when they've been frostbitten.

                                And I looked at what's ahead for tomorrow. It says "ice pellets."

                                It's that time of year, right? Ice Pellets R Us!
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X