Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT December Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I don't know about others but for me excess weight makes my mobility problems worse. It's as if my body refuses to carry any excess pounds.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      Thanks Vicky. I like Drugs.com. They give good info.

      As for the long list of side effects, that's true of all drugs. My dad explained it to me once. He worked for a drug company, and a very smart man.

      Every drug has had a trial as we all know. Let's say 100 people were in the trial. They have to list everything out of the norm as a possible side effect.

      Let's say someone eats cheese like Sam does, and becomes constipated, then that has to be reported, and listed as a possible side effect.

      I'm looking for anything out of the normal for me, and then will look to see if it's listed. Most side effects will pass after a while. Unless it's something serious, stick with it, and give it some time.

      If it doesn't stop after a while, then talk to your doctor, and he will prescribe something else.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        I'm glad Lyrica is working for you. As you note, every drug has side effects. I'm going on 70. I figure that, and especially since all I've been through these last 3+ years, if I'm taking a drug and I'm feeling better for it, I'll enjoy it, and not worry about the side effects. They might kill me?? well, something's gonna kill me anyway. I might as well feel better while I'm dying.....
        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

        Comment


          Well said Cat, I feel the same way! My only concern is my cats outliving me. No one can love them and spoil them as much as I do. Beyond that...... (raspberry sound)
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            How old are your cats now, Howie?


            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

            Comment


              I really haven't kept track, but I got Seven about 2 years after I was DXed, and moved here. So she must be about 17, and Sam came about 2 years after that. Neither one is that old, and both seem very healthy, and are indoor cats, but both have tasted outdoor life occasionally. So that makes me...OMG...63!!! Where did the time go?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                I hope they both are one of the one's who live to be 20.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  So cold here. I don't think it got over 32 degrees. Yet I went out and chose frames for new glasses and will probably be able to pick them up within the next 2 weeks. I couldn't find any that I really liked for new sunglasses, so they have ordered some frames that we thought I MIGHT like. Hopefully, I will like at least one of the pair for sunglasses. Although I have to say I tried on so many frames today my head was swimming. It is large expense. I didn't carry anyone with me and I can't see myself without glasses so it is a problem. I had set down with a bunch of frames in front of me and I had on a pair that I had liked the color best of all when off me. Naturally, I expected the girl who was helping me to ooh and awe over them, but then a customer passed by and said they really do look good on you. When the saleslady left me for a minute this customer walked back by and said I really like those frames on you. So there you have it.

                  I also went to the grocery store.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    They are going to look great on you if someone took the time, and made the effort to tell you they looked good on you.

                    I had the lenses I had from years ago that I accidently sat on and destroyed them, but the lenses survived. My sister took them to the Walmart Eye Store where I got them, and they STILL had the frames to match the 10 year old lenses.

                    All I wanted them for was to renew my drivers license, and discovered you can do it online now. They use the old picture, and all the info from the old one, address, etc. So they mailed it to me, and done until like 2023. I'll be dead, by that time.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      Well now, Howie, you stated your age in another post. I did some very uncomplicated arithmetic and have deduced that in 2023 you'll be 70. I really don't think you'll be dead by then.

                      Virginia, that problem of picking out glasses frames when you can't see them is one I haven't been able to solve. If you could take someone with you who could let you know how they look, it might help--?
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        You're exactly right Agate, but I am never sure anymore when I will feel like going and so I hate asking anyone in advance. Also today was about 30 to 32 degrees, so I would have hated to ask anyway.

                        The last I heard, which was last night there was a chance of a little icy rain late tonight and possibly in the morning, so I didn't want to wait any longer to get new glasses. Hope I don't get them and then go "OH NO".
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          I know what you mean, Virginia. It seems a lot to ask of someone--to go with me to the optician just to watch me trying on glasses frames.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            You could try taking a selfie in your phone and then look at them while wearing your current glasses. Some stores also have a virtual program which allows you to see what they would look like on your face

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                              You could try taking a selfie in your phone and then look at them while wearing your current glasses. Some stores also have a virtual program which allows you to see what they would look like on your face
                              check out: Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... This is an online glass site. You need your eyeglass prescription. You can browse their frames. They will send you frames you want to try and you send back and can try more....I think you can even try them on, so to speak, online. I forget how. Maybe you enter a picture of your face.

                              Anyway, this company was started by young guys with a sense of fairness and not only are thr prices for frames honest but they share profits with needy people by donating glasses for every pair they sell. I plan to use this company.
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment


                                I need new glasses so badly!

                                that,'s another thing that's is hard to do here
                                Last edited by SalpalSally; 12-17-2016, 09:40 AM.
                                Love, Sally


                                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X