Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise and Stretch Thread: December 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    You did a lot. I took DD who is visiting to ocean. Waves were surprisingly wondeful,1-3' waves, clean offshore wind. Very warm air 86 and breezy. She saw her mom get four fun floaty waves.

    Got into MS trouble on way home, resting now hoping to beat it back. The hardest part is the big drive to and fro, and the walk down the boardwalk. Surfing itself is less hard on the MS

    Comment


      #32
      BS, special treat to get to surf with DD. Wonderful!

      Agate, my suggestion is clean one blind a day, or just think about it and maybe you will come to the conclusion that they will pass inspection without doing anything.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #33
        Virginia, I've been thinking of several slats of one blind a day. I've been running my fingers over some of the slats, sampling them for dust. Since no dust is appearing on my fingers, I've almost talked myself out of that job.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #34
          I like that kind of thinking, Agate.

          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #35
            You weren't wearing the white gloves when you inspected them?
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #36
              Agate, you are one smart lady. God thinking!
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                Since Tuesday, I did not exercise, just the house 5 flights of stairs and light housework. I am trying to settle down the legs by doing only sporadic exercise.

                Comment


                  #38
                  We are having an unexpected visit by our favorite relatives next week. 5 members of John's family...his first cousin and her husband and three adult children. This may sound like a strain but they are the relatives we love best in the world. They are all flying to the same airport near us, they will group there and have rented a car. They all have hotel rooms near our home. John's cousin said the children arranged it all. They are coming to visit John for his 80th birthday next Friday! Taking us out for dinner!

                  I live in MA and they are coming from Atlanta GA and Tennessee and somewhere else and....Isn't this just amazing. I can't believe it. They will be here Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. I am so touched I am in tears.
                  I did spend today cleaning and rearranging the chairs on the deck of this Titanic farmhouse. Since no one is sleeping here it is easier than I thought in my first panic. Still, I got a lot of exercise in today!��
                  Linda~~~~

                  Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Linda, that should be a really nice visit. You don't have to do anything but enjoy seeing them, and what a nice gift for John.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #40
                      That is great Linda. Glad they are coming to see you and I think it is so thoughtful of them not to stay with you. They will be there to see you and John and take him out for Birthday, and yet you will have little that you have to do physically.

                      Glad you got your latest infusion. That also should be helping.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I just did some stretching. I'm getting low on beer, and I had to really stretch to get to the beer in the back, on the bottom shelf. But I did it, and feel pretty good now. That stretching really works!
                        Last edited by Howie; 12-11-2016, 06:11 PM.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Linda (Lazarus), those are relatives to treasure! It sounds as if your husband's milestone birthday will be a very enjoyable occasion, and you will be spared the effort involved in having houseguests. Maybe they "get it" about MS and understand you have your limits.

                          That's great exercise there, Howie. You put the rest of us to shame.

                          Compared to Howie, this effort I made today is going to look pale and silly but I'll tell about it anyway.

                          I put ski glides on the two rear legs of my walker a while back but one of them came off and I don't know where it went. Even if I could find it, it was broken off and couldn't have been fixed.

                          So I ordered a slightly different ski glide from Amazon, and at first I didn't think they were going to fit but I got one of them on. But I couldn't get the old ski glide off so I could put the other new one on.

                          I thought at first it would be all right with nonmatching ski glides but it wasn't. The walker was quite wobbly.

                          Today I spent maybe an hour and a half wrestling with this ski glide, trying to get it off. I tried claw hammers, screwdrivers, utility knives, and pliers. I looked up a picture of it on the Internet so I could recall how it had attached in the first place.

                          I finally cut enough of it off so that I could fit the new one on. Victory! I have tired and shaky arms now but I have a walker that works--and has a sturdier set of ski glides.

                          And what are ski glides?--you might be wondering. The two-wheeled walkers have a way of dragging along and catching on things, but the little ski glides attached to the two rear legs of the walker solve the problem.

                          That's most of my exercise for today, and most of that was while seated, but I did walk around the building, all 4 floors. The stairwells are bracingly cold at this time of year.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Pictures please Agate!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
                              We are having an unexpected visit by our favorite relatives next week. 5 members of John's family...his first cousin and her husband and three adult children. This may sound like a strain but they are the relatives we love best in the world. They are all flying to the same airport near us, they will group there and have rented a car. They all have hotel rooms near our home. John's cousin said the children arranged it all. They are coming to visit John for his 80th birthday next Friday! Taking us out for dinner

                              I live in MA and they are coming from Atlanta GA and Tennessee and somewhere else and....Isn't this just amazing. I can't believe it. They will be here Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. I am so touched I am in tears.
                              I did spend today cleaning and rearranging the chairs on the deck of this Titanic farmhouse. Since no one is sleeping here it is easier than I thought in my first panic. Still, I got a lot of exercise in today!��
                              This is like a hallmark movie! Your family knows the true meaning of the word "family".

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Linda, how wonderful! It will be a time to make many memories!

                                I had to shovel snow yesterday. Never thought I could even do it, but I lasted longer than I thought.

                                Then suddenly, I became dizzy and I developed tremors, my hands were tremoring, I could feel the skin crawling on my legs. Very weird. My fingers felt tingling like they were frostbitten.

                                I had a warm bath to see if warming myself up would help, at least the tingling and tremoring in my hands, but the heat only impacted me physically and I couldn't even stand straight. Even after my body temp went back down to normal, I was limping and had to hold onto furniture to avoid falling.

                                Today, I woke up and I sure feel my muscles! Still limping along, so haven't yet rebounded to whatever my general health state is. Usually overnight, I am back to usual state, but not this time.

                                So, Tylenol3 and bed for the rest of the day.

                                But I was so proud of myself yesterday, I never thought I could even do what I did!

                                I don't mind "paying" for it in muscle soreness. But I sure DO mind paying for it in worsening neurological functioning.
                                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X