Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise and Stretch Thread: December 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Everyone finds ways to keep active despite severe obstacles.

    Today I swam 1/3 mile. Still less than desired, but had to be able to drive and work, so that had to do.

    Comment


      #62
      BBS, I think it is especially good considering you work. Pretty amazing!
      Virginia

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Virginia View Post
        Well today - cleaning since my 2 hour every other week maid does not come this week.

        Cleaned master bath, dusted all over downstairs, cleaned glass top table in living room (this means I have to get on floor to do bottom), cleaned glass top dressing table in bedroom (no getting on floor), changed linen on bed, have done 3 loads of wash and will do another one. I can't remember if I did anything else. I know my back has been hurting between shoulders, but that is not new.

        I stretch my cleaning chores out when I am telling ya'll because I am not doing much else. So I have to make it look good!
        That is truly service above and beyond the call of duty, Virginia--cleaning the underside of a glass table by getting on the floor. I hope that doesn't mean you were lying on your back on the floor.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #64
          Agate, I was just reading your new sig line. Now would you please help me untie my tongue?
          Last edited by Howie; 12-14-2016, 05:42 PM.
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment


            #65
            Agate, I too like that signature line.

            Not on my back, but I have to get down on my knees. Sometime I think about not doing the underside, but you would be surprised at the difference it makes to do both sides. Then I crawl just a few feet so I can pull up by a chair. I don't let the maid do either of these glass coffee table and dressing table because she leaves streaks.
            Last edited by Virginia; 12-14-2016, 05:51 PM.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #66
              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
              BBS, I think it is especially good considering you work. Pretty amazing!
              I work four hours a day, and 25 min commute each way. I take a one hour lying down break mid way through. It ain't pretty, but that's just reality these days.

              Comment


                #67
                I swam 1/3 mile today and worked a few hours. Kinda lost it. Maybe tomorrow will be better. This damn disease is humbling.

                Comment


                  #68
                  I swam a third of Mile yesterday. I will rest today and not exercise, so I can attend a holiday party for an hour. We sure do have to plot out our day!
                  Last edited by Sunshine; 12-17-2016, 10:52 AM.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    BBS, we do have to plot our lives - many of us very carefully. After shopping for new glasses yesterday and spending time in grocery store, I am in for today. Hope I get to go out to eat tomorrow night.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #70
                      I surfed today. Mostly lying down the waves were big and raggedy. Let myself stand up on one.

                      The gal with MS was there today,walking. We enjoyed sitting on the beach and talking. She is so sweet, and brave.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        BBS, so glad the girl with MS is back and walking. Another friend you have made. That is another plus in going surfing. You get the exercise and the sharing with friends.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #72
                          How nice that she came back! And the thought of anyone surfing in December is mind-boggling but I keep forgetting that not everywhere has icy weather going on.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Yes, I see her there almost every weekend. She is determined to keep walking. MS put her in that wheelchair. Subsequent muscle atrophy kept her there.

                            Comment


                              #74
                              I swam 750 yards today .

                              Comment


                                #75
                                I don't know how far that is but it is more than I could do today.
                                Good work, BBS!

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X