Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exercise and Stretch Thread: December 2016

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Forgot the pedometer on the day you JUST happened to take the fewest steps......how convenient.
    Howie, it does look suspicious. I'll try not to make that mistake again. How's your pedometer doing?
    Last edited by agate; 12-27-2016, 07:44 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
      I walked around a dollar store, a Target and a large grocery store today. No formal exercises.

      ANN
      That's amazing. No way I could do it. I would be too scared I would collapse.

      Yesterday I swam 750 yards, worked a half day, and regular daily living of cooking, going upstairs.

      Agate and Virginia, this dreadful disease takes away so much of our physical ability. Don't let it also rob you of your ability to take pride in what you DID accomplish. While what we did would be considered lazy if we were Michael Phelps, Kelly Slater etc, it is considered heroic and awesome to anyone who is laid low with MS.

      Comment


        Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
        I walked around a dollar store, a Target and a large grocery store today. No formal exercises.

        ANN
        That's amazing. No way I could do it. I would be too scared I would collapse.

        Yesterday I swam 750 yards, worked a half day, and regular daily living of cooking, going upstairs.

        Agate and Virginia, this dreadful disease takes away so much of our physical ability. Don't let it also rob you of your ability to take pride in what you DID accomplish. While what we did would be considered lazy if we were Michael Phelps, Kelly Slater etc, it is considered heroic and awesome to anyone who is laid low with MS.

        Comment


          I swam a half mile today, which is 900 yards. Legs are tingling. Maybe I will cut back to 750 yards next time.

          Comment


            Good going Ann and BBS! Agate, you are doing well with your routine also.
            Virginia

            Comment


              I headed for the public pool with tingling legs. Almost turned back but thought, Damn it, I am not going to give it up today, the worst that could happen is spasticity and having to cancel work.

              So, I swam 750 yards and the legs are no worse so far. It was a psychological victory. Did skip gas station and store to compensate.

              Comment


                BBS, good for you - a little perseverance is what it took.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  I faced my fear today. This time, it worked out ok.

                  Comment


                    I had my tenth infusion today, so I decided it isn't a good idea to exercise infusion day. Just doing daily living.

                    Comment


                      "Daily living" as in "activities of daily living" or ADL?

                      That can be quite a bit of exercise, as I find out when I compare a day when I do laundry with a day when I don't. I take far more steps on a laundry day.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        Daily living is my ONLY form of exercise. I had a treadmill, and it did help me after a long time of doing nothing, but they are so boring to use. I sold that one, and do still have a rowing machine, but it's the same, boring.

                        I wish I could have a place to swim like you BBS. I would love swimming again. It's a perfect way for PWMS to exercise. Low impact, it works everything at once, and it's FUN!
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          I've never tried a treadmill but isn't it possible to watch TV while on it? Or to listen to music with headphones?
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            Yes, you can watch and listen to anything while on a treadmill. I always had music playing, and it does help to distract you from the fact that you are in the same place you were when you started.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Exercising is so hard when you are laying flat but I try my best.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                I often think of you when I exercise and wonder what I would do if bedridden. I guess I would move around as much as possible, roll side to side, swing arms, and stuff like that. What works for you?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X