[B]:) Happy New Year Sally and everyone. I may stay up and watch the ball. Jeanie :)[/B
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Sally
Collapse
X
-
I'm still helping the neighbor who is in her 90s with her grocery order. This is the last week I'll have to do this for a while, with luck. We've done combined online orders for 4 weeks now, what with the weather and the holidays.
She'd like to finish giving me her order tonight but I put it off till tomorrow. I'm treating myself to New Year's Eve watching a DVD movie and crocheting.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I'll be lucky to stay awake until midnight. I just ate, and now Sam is sleeping on my lap, Seven is asleep on the foot of my bed. And I'm supposed to stay awake until midnight? Well good luck with that!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I was on my way to sleep by midnight but there were definitely fireworks out there.
I'll be spending the day hoping that the first foot will be a dark-haired man because Scottish tradition says that that the first foot to cross your threshold in the New Year (any time after midnight) should be a dark-haired man, for good luck.
They still do this first-footing thing in Scotland, I think.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...Last edited by agate; 01-01-2017, 07:21 AM.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
According to the article,Originally posted by stillstANNding View PostWhat if the man is already in the house, Agate?
ANN
Although it is acceptable in many places for the first-footer to be a resident of the house, they must not be in the house at the stroke of midnight in order to first-foot (thus going out of the house after midnight and then coming back in to the same house is not considered to be first-footing).SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment


Comment