Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sally

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    [B]:) Happy New Year Sally and everyone. I may stay up and watch the ball. Jeanie :)[/B

    Comment


      #77
      That explains why the store was so crowded, and why I had this strange compulsion to buy beer. Happy New....what was it again?
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #78
        I may stay up and watch "something", but then I might read, or then again I might listen to music.

        HOPE ALL OF YOU HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
        Virginia

        Comment


          #79
          I'm still helping the neighbor who is in her 90s with her grocery order. This is the last week I'll have to do this for a while, with luck. We've done combined online orders for 4 weeks now, what with the weather and the holidays.

          She'd like to finish giving me her order tonight but I put it off till tomorrow. I'm treating myself to New Year's Eve watching a DVD movie and crocheting.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #80
            I think I will go watch one of my old DVD movies. Thanks for reminding me.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #81
              I'll be lucky to stay awake until midnight. I just ate, and now Sam is sleeping on my lap, Seven is asleep on the foot of my bed. And I'm supposed to stay awake until midnight? Well good luck with that!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #82
                I might make it...I might make it.......
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #83
                  Happy New Year to All!!!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #84
                    :) We both made it to the ball drop. I hardly watched any of it. Poor Lacy all my neighbors are firing fireworks. I even heard a few gun shots. Happy New Year everyone! Jeanie :)

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I was on my way to sleep by midnight but there were definitely fireworks out there.

                      I'll be spending the day hoping that the first foot will be a dark-haired man because Scottish tradition says that that the first foot to cross your threshold in the New Year (any time after midnight) should be a dark-haired man, for good luck.

                      They still do this first-footing thing in Scotland, I think.

                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                      Last edited by agate; 01-01-2017, 07:21 AM.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        What if the man is already in the house, Agate?
                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #87
                          What if the hair WAS dark when he was younger?
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                            What if the man is already in the house, Agate?
                            ANN
                            According to the article,

                            Although it is acceptable in many places for the first-footer to be a resident of the house, they must not be in the house at the stroke of midnight in order to first-foot (thus going out of the house after midnight and then coming back in to the same house is not considered to be first-footing).
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Oh Heck Ann! Well, next year you'll have to send him out at two minutes to midnight, then have him come back in at 30 seconds after midnight so he can give you a New Year's kiss.

                              I don't know any dark haired men to invite over. Most of them are gray by now.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #90
                                I also have the problem of the red hair now silver and a chrome dome. I believe this will not work. We will have to solicit a younger neighbor.

                                ANN
                                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X