I'd welcome opinions on this rollator. Some may recall that I recently got new "ski glides" for the walker I have, which came to me after having been used by a couple of other people. It's fine for getting around outside but not so good if I stand it beside the bed and want to use it to provide support for getting out of bed. It rolls. I wanted something with brakes.
So after a lot of hemming and hawing I've settled on this:

These rollators are very popular around here but I've never wanted one because the seat would be useless for me. I can sit only on my special wheelchair cushion, usually. I can sit on some surfaces for 10 minutes at most.
But I rethought this and realized that even a few minutes of sitting while I'm out walking can help sometimes. If the seat isn't too hard. If it's too hard, I can't last one minute. But these rollator seats do have some padding.
I'm bypassing the doctor and Medicare and the problem of finding a medical equipment supplier for this purchase. I checked with several medical equipment places and was told, "We no longer handle walkers" or "We don't do Medicare/Medicaid."
I found this one on Amazon for only $55 and it has good reviews. It can be parked with its brakes on.
There might have been a way to attach braking legs to my walker, for only about $15-20, but I have trouble making adjustments of any kind to that walker. My hands aren't really up to the job.
And the brakes would be the kind you have to tinker with at the wheels, the way some pieces of furniture have braking wheels. My experience with those is that they don't work so very well and can be hard to deal with.
I like the basket on this rollator. Next time I run out of something, as was happening during the snow recently, I just might be able to make it over to the convenience store with this rollator and pick up a few items.
So after a lot of hemming and hawing I've settled on this:

But I rethought this and realized that even a few minutes of sitting while I'm out walking can help sometimes. If the seat isn't too hard. If it's too hard, I can't last one minute. But these rollator seats do have some padding.
I'm bypassing the doctor and Medicare and the problem of finding a medical equipment supplier for this purchase. I checked with several medical equipment places and was told, "We no longer handle walkers" or "We don't do Medicare/Medicaid."
I found this one on Amazon for only $55 and it has good reviews. It can be parked with its brakes on.
There might have been a way to attach braking legs to my walker, for only about $15-20, but I have trouble making adjustments of any kind to that walker. My hands aren't really up to the job.
And the brakes would be the kind you have to tinker with at the wheels, the way some pieces of furniture have braking wheels. My experience with those is that they don't work so very well and can be hard to deal with.
I like the basket on this rollator. Next time I run out of something, as was happening during the snow recently, I just might be able to make it over to the convenience store with this rollator and pick up a few items.


Comment