Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marinol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

    funnylegs4 ~

    Criminalizing marijuana to keep it out of the hands of teens and addicted adults is, in my opinion, a fallacious argument by the government. We'd probably all be shocked to know exactly how easy it is for teens to access pot, and how many teens in the U.S. use it. Underage drinking is illegal, but plenty of teens drink alcohol. Remember the Speechless episode, where the kids were drinking at a party? His parents were a little proud that their disabled teen was "normal."

    The current administration wants to privatize prisons, so keeping recreational MJ illegal increases the prison population.

    We have an opioid epidemic in the U.S., which needs to be addressed, as well as a problem with meth labs. MJ is not a problem, compared to these two issues.

    BBS ~

    Since you are nervous about taking Marinol, perhaps you should just take one and allow 24 hours to see what your reaction is. You may not need to take 3/day. I always think it's wise to start with the lowest dose and work up to the full dose with certain medications, which can be taken that way.

    It's probably a good idea to take it at the same time everyday, and I would guess it should be taken on a full stomach. It might make you drowsy, so plan on a quiet, uneventful day. No driving. You might get hungry, so have some nutritious snacks on hand.

    I don't think that Marinol is nearly as scary as many of the pharmaceuticals given to treat spasticity and neuropathy, as well as MS. I would rather give THC/CBD to my son than the three poisonous drugs he takes to control his seizures, which have caused his physical deterioration over the years. And, all three interact with just about every pharmaceutical in existence, including antibiotics. It's too late now to try this as an option for Jon.

    One of his seizure meds is Valproic Acid. Its chemical make up is derived from Valerian Root. Decades ago, I found research describing the basis of most pharmaceuticals was taken from naturally growing plants on Earth.

    If you can, try to relax and keep an open mind about this option. It will probably help you in tolerating it better. I pray that it works for you.

    Jeanie ~

    I agree with Howie that your friends should have informed you that they were serving pot brownies. I'm sorry that you had that experience. Edible MJ is typically described as more potent than other forms of delivery. And you definitely ate too many!

    Healing prayers for all ~

    Love & Light,

    Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #17
      As always, I enjoyed your post Rose. Good advice on the Marinol dosing.

      Comment


        #18
        The pharmacy delivered it to DHs office today. Sadly, they said nothing about the pills needing refrigeration, so I will call them in the morning and ask if it's still good. Sat in a/c all say. GEESH

        Comment


          #19
          I doubt it's harmed by not being refrigerated. If it needed to be kept cold it probably would have said so on the label.


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            #20
            It says it on the label. But the bottle was inside a paper bag with other meds.

            Comment


              #21
              You should be okay. Here's a link about storage:

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                #22
                ((((((BBS)))))) ~

                That's an excellent link from Vicky. Here's what I found:

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                Since the Marinol was in a bottle, in a bag, in an air conditioned environment, it's probably fine.

                I highly recommend meditation for healing, so if you are so inclined, I would encourage you to meditate before you take Marinol, so you can relax and be open to its potential to help you. Deep breathing, in through the nostrils, out through the mouth. Eyes closed. Start at the top of your head and relax your forehead, eyebrows, eyes, nose, mouth, chin, neck and so on down to your toes. Every part of your body, relaxed. Breathe in slowly through the nostrils, exhale slowly through the mouth.

                It takes some practice, but I guarantee you that it works. I find it particularly helpful, when I'm in the Dentist's chair. She always comments on how relaxed I am, and I remind her that I have this exercise to get me there.

                Sending you healing energy ~

                Love & Light,

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thank you Vicky. That's very hopeful. I will also call pharmacy today for peace of mind. It is not in its original container. Interesting about humidity. Isn't a refrigerator a pretty moist place?!

                  Thank you Rose re meditate, I do that at dentist, and it didn't occur to me to do it with the Marinol. So, I will!

                  Comment


                    #24
                    You were right. Pharmacy said no problem.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I guess this is yet another reason for me to NOT use Marinol. CBD oil relieves my pain and stiffness, smoking pot does not.
                      s
                      Jendie
                      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                      Comment


                        #26
                        The CBD oil hasn't helped me. But, it could be wrong brand or wrong dose. So little guidance out there.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                          The CBD oil hasn't helped me. But, it could be wrong brand or wrong dose. So little guidance out there.
                          Quite possible, but I don't know much about the manufacture of it. I know that the stuff I used was made in my county. Lots of stuff is grown in this area- sweet peas, cabbage (for seed) and consumption, carrots, potatoes, wheat, corn, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (wild and cultivated), blueberries, tulips, apples, pears, cucumbers, spinach. There may be more things, but all this thinking is making me tired.
                          .
                          s
                          Jendie
                          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I started Marinol about 5 days ago. No side effects other than I bit more sleepy at normal sleepy times.

                            I do think it has helped. It usually takes me 4-6 hours to recover after surfing. Now it's more like two hours. Within about an hour of taking it, I feel the muscles easing up, less tight, and less neuropathy. Instead of lying down all day, I find myself standing up more and taking care of the house ...am up to a noon dose and a 7 pm dose.

                            I have not yet taken it in the morning Before the day starts , as prescribed , as I am concerned if it might impact driving. Will wait for a day I could take it in a.m. and not have to drive in the morning to see ....

                            So, if you think it could help you, talk to your doc about it. He Had to get authorization from insurance to get it covered.

                            No other side effects. No psychoactive side effects except a bit more relaxed, a bit nicer sense of well being.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              That is such good news! It will be great if you can surf with less of a blast from the MS.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                ((((((BBS)))))) ~

                                Fantastic! I had a strong feeling that you would have success with this, and that you would experience relaxation and the "sense of well being." I hope this leads to you being able to discontinue the Baclofen. And once your doctor is certified, I still recommend that you visit her to discuss the different options and comparison of Marinol to plant-based THC/CBD.

                                How wonderful to be able to do things you couldn't do before! May it continue to be so!

                                Love & Light,

                                Rose
                                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X