Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Losing an hour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Losing an hour

    It's that time of year again, the time when we lose an hour because of Daylight Saving Time.

    Spring forward, as they say.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    The good thing is that it will be a lot easier to get to the beach before sunrise. Like today.

    Comment


      #3
      I go by that old saying...."Spring forward, Fall down".
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        It's that time of year again, the time when we lose an hour because of Daylight Saving Time.

        Spring forward, as they say.
        I'm really tired. When I first saw the topic, I could have sworn you wrote that it was the time when we lose hair, instead of losing an hour.

        I'm going to go to bed now. I'll read more on the board after I have gotten some sleep.
        s
        Jendie
        I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

        Comment


          #5
          :)I dislike the Spring one where I lose an hours sleep. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #6
            I don't know about other people but yesterday I was good for absolutely nothing all day long. I kept dropping things and making mistakes and was very slow at everything I tried to do. There's a campaign to end Daylight Saving Time. I might sign up for it.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

              Daylight Savings Time messes with our body clocks in our family. For Jon, it affects the timing of his med doses. It takes my body clock a long time to recover from losing or gaining an hour every year. I want consistency!

              I'm sure that there are thousands of sites on the internet about how time changes affect all of us biologically, mentally, emotionally. But I'm too tired to look them up right now. Because I lost an hour yesterday and today.

              We still haven't changed all of our clocks. (We have a lot of clocks.)

              I'm not a fan of DST. Never have been, never will be. Make it go away.

              UGH!

              Love & Light,

              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment


                #8
                Somebody posted a video on Facebook in favor of ending Daylight Saving Time. According to the video, the biggest supporter of DST is the US Chamber of Commerce, and the idea is that if we have more daylight in the evening, we'll be spending more money.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Glad to see I've got company. I do not like DST. I have not felt well past few days and I am blaming it on that.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #10
                    DST was created to give farmers an extra hour of daylight, thus the name "daylight saving time". But now the farming is mechanized, and controlled, and a small population feeds the masses.

                    So even having DST is not needed these days. I hope they do a reality check, and end it.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That's a joke. Animals follow their own internal clock no matter what time humans think it is. I think it came about to give people a better excuse to go out and spend money.


                      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Blame good old Ben Franklin. He conceived of the idea while ambassador to France in 1784. But wasn't seriously considered until 1907.
                        I unsuccessfully tried to paste a link to the site I found that info from.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Maybe it was here, Parsi?

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          The original idea seems to have been to oblige people to use less artificial lighting and so save fuel towards the war effort of World War I. Interesting that farmers were opposed to it in England:

                          Willett’s Daylight Saving plan caught the attention of Member of Parliament, Robert Pearce, who introduced a bill to the House of Commons in February 1908. The first Daylight Saving Bill was drafted in 1909, presented to Parliament several times and examined by a select committee. However, the idea was opposed by many, especially farmers, so the bill was never made into a law.
                          I can't imagine that farmers would like the idea. Animals of my acquaintance can't tell time but maybe there are smart animals out there.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Sam wears a watch wouldn't you know, and it's set on DST. She said it was created to give cats an extra hour of outdoor activity.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Howie View Post
                              Sam wears a watch wouldn't you know, and it's set on DST. She said it was created to give cats an extra hour of outdoor activity.
                              Well, that settles it then.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X