Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: Oct. 2017

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Yes, there we are, sitting poolside and cheering you on! Howie has parked Pinky somewhere after transporting all of us there. He had to make several trips because all of us wouldn't fit in the car but that's where Sam helped out by doing some of the driving.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #77
      Called rec dept re handicap spaces. They have them on other side of building with cut curb. Very Far away from entrance!he will look into it.

      Comment


        #78
        BBS, as Agate said we were right there. You really did hear us. Good for you. A very good day.

        Well, my day was errands. Started with Post Office, on to bank, then to florist (had to wait a while there - I stood), then to pick up alterations, then to grocery store, then to cleaners. Came home, put up groceries after unloading car. Then went to Chick-Fil-A and picked up sandwich for supper. Came home, emptied trash and recycling, undressed and set down to eat and watch news.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #79
          Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
          Agate, good numbers again. DH suggested i do pedometer. Which one do you recommend?

          Yesterday I swam 11 minutes. 293 Yards. The hardest part is the walk to and from the pool, and taking off the wet neoprene pants.
          I can't really recommend any pedometer in particular. I've been using a 3D FitBud but if you've noticed a discussion here a while back, Virginia seems to have the same type, and both of us question its accuracy.

          It's sold on Amazon for $18.

          Right now, for instance, it's saying I've done 24 steps when I'm absolutely sure I've taken probably 200. Other days it shows more steps than I've taken. I'm seriously considering getting a different one but that would make my third pedometer.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #80
            I am not sure if this is caused by the different material in the clothing we wear, where we wear it each day, or just what it is, but I just kind of gave up on mine because I knew it was not accurate on certain days.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #81
              I went surfing today and was pleased that my back is healed and did well. Yay!

              There were only two guys there this morning, and only one of my women surf buddies. The guys finished up as we paddled out. I lasted about an hour between paddling out, resting 5 minutes and the last ride in.

              The sky was cloudy in anticipation of TS Philippe. The ocean is still fairly warm at 79, but with no sun and light breezes I opted to wear a 1.5 mm neoprene jacket and capris. It was just the right amount of warmth. Had the sun come out, would’ve been too warm.

              There was a fair amount of chop on the water and it didn’t look like much . The waves were inconsistent knee to shoulder highs, 9”intervals. There were pelicans fishing everywhere, and the water was too murky to spot the fish.

              At first it was hard to paddle out against the incoming, and I was content to test my back out in the whitewater. It held nicely. I was having plenty of fun cruising prone in the whitewater.

              But then, I saw a nice beak in the oncoming and paddled out to the lineup. The waves by then were pretty big so,the lineup was,fairly distant from shore, and deep, which is anxiety arousing because my body could fail at any time and could make it hard to get to shore. So, I told myself not to look back at where the shore was, just focus on getting out there.

              So, there I was in the lineup with just my buddy, the waves looked formidable, fear crept back in, worry I could seize up in a wipeout.

              I said to my buddy, “am taking the next one in. Am psyching myself out”.

              The next one in was a chest high wave. Somehow I popped up fast and took the very fun drop. There was a lot of bumpiness on the water, and I hit a nice bump. My legs couid t absorb it, so I wiped out.

              I twisted around and around in the water, spotted the board, flopped onto it, and enjoyed the whitewater ride into shore.

              That was not only a fun wave despite the wipeout, but a feeling of excitement of having done it,

              Comment


                #82
                You did good. Give it time, and you'll be riding distances with stability again.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #83
                  You are amazing BBS. Just keep this up and you will be the way you used to be. I don't know how you pop up so quick.
                  Sounds awesome.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    You are amazing BBS. Just keep this up and you will be the way you used to be. I don't know how you pop up so quick.
                    Sounds awesome.
                    Gravity and speed allows it.its like being on a tilted board and someone is pushing u from behind and you’re moving very fast down the tilt. And you’re in water so you know you won’t break bones.

                    Alas, I won’t be back to self a year ago where I could take 20 waves in 2 hours and surf 2 to 3 hours at a stretch with impunity. Trying not to focus on that, and focus on grateful can still surf an hour and get at least one wave.

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I am just finishing the The Water is I wide. Pat Conroy is a wonderful storyteller and his use of language, humor and sense of social justice has made this a wonderful read. Years ago I had read the Great Santini and Prince of Tides. Going back to his first book I was able to rediscover him.
                      Last edited by ssusan; 08-18-2018, 01:32 PM. Reason: Typos
                      Be the person your dog thinks you are

                      Comment


                        #86
                        FYI, this thread is from 2017
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #87
                          PT today. Another 45” of hard work. The PT says I am demonstrably stronger and have more endurance. Today I worked with only one break. We have booked 4 more weeks of appts.

                          I am grateful for this therapy. It’s the best PT I have ever had. We don’t waste time on endless balance exercises.

                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #88
                            What a glowing report from the PT! Congratulations!
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X