Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Yes Agate, you read that right! I was feeling fine . . . I think. But I was getting itchy dry skin which turned into nasty itching oozy spots on my arms and legs. Went to 2 GPs, a dermatologist, then allergist. Tested for everything, changed soaps, laundry detergents, dietary things, creams, to no avail. Rxed an anti-itch med to try . . . one blue pill knocked me out for 3 days! Never found the cause, it eventually started going away, but never completely. Legs are a constant problem, but recently started getting bad again.
    As a side note, I have extreme lymphedema (not to be confused with edema) in my legs and feet, so there may be more than one issue going on. I also have hypothyroidism and have taken increasing doses of Synthroid for almost 30 years. Thyroid problems are known to cause skin issues. Low D can cause skin issues. Autoimmune problems can cause skin issues. See where this is leading to? A big ???!

    As for sun, I cannot sit in the sun. Feet swell badly from exposure. No temp regulation, can't sweat - turn into a drooling noodle in no time. Skin gets worse. Eyes go nuts . . . double vision. I am a cave dweller and see the world through a window. Sucks. Aren't you glad you asked.

    Sorry for the whine, please pass the chocolate.

    Comment


      #17
      I take 2000IU of D simply because these days, I seldom am exposed to sunlight. I'll ask my GP to test my D level next time I see him.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #18
        Passing chocolate to Nuthatch.

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #19
          Rustling up more chocolate for nuthatch. Sometimes it's the only way. It sounds as if you can't be in the sun for even a few minutes. Only 20 minutes a day is said to give you a lot of vitamin D but for you it would be too much, most likely.



          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #20
            I think that is fudge, Agate. Add walnuts and I'll take it!

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #21
              I just turned on the AC. It's 81* right now. Where did I put my thong?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #22
                It's 73 here now. Going down to 39 tonight. You know that is not good for us.

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  Howie, our temps have been high here and I have had to have A/C on quite a bit lately. It may be a little cooler today. I hope so. I am ready for Fall (but not Winter).

                  I am ashamed. I did not get up until a little after 12 noon today. I went out yesterday and was very tired last night, but still I set up reading until about 12:30.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Nuthatch, been meaning to tell you that the kids are as cute as ever. Wonderful pictures. You always have something to look forward to when you have these wonderful little ones. Costumes are so precious on them.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      [QUOTE=Virginia;70328
                      I am ashamed. I did not get up until a little after 12 noon today. I went out yesterday and was very tired last night, but still I set up reading until about 12:30.[/QUOTE]

                      Virginia, I am surprised that you have any energy to go out at night!
                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        #26
                        No Ann, I went out during the day. Then I came in and ate supper here and stayed up until around 12:30 reading. I didn't go partying last night. I think those days are over, darn it.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #27
                          OKAY everyone listen up! I need help. I have to go to a baby shower for great, great niece. So anyway in addition to gift I have to carry a book. It can be an old one or new, but just a little book that I can take and write a note in so that she can read it later and supposedly think of me. Now, having no children and no grandchildren I need ideas. What is a good small book that I can take? Nuthatch, Peg or anyone??
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I don't have any kids either but I hear "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown is a good one.


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Anybody hear from Jeannie lately?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Thanks Vicky - any others?
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X