Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT November Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I see we have a Catdancer here! Not to be confused with Cat Dancer or Uppity Cats.Looks as if you made the transition!

    Jeanie posted today in the "Smallest tasks" thread started by Lazarus.
    Last edited by agate; 11-04-2017, 09:21 PM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #32
      Virginia, here are a few books I bought for my children/grandchildren as they became parents.
      This one was a favorite I bought for my daughter when having a child was just an idea in her head!
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      another favorite
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      This one I bought for Everett for Christmas this year.
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Both the grandkids love books. I'm constantly scanning Amazon for good books. Tip: If you see a book you like, scroll down on the Amazon page where it says "frequently bought together" and "customers who bought this item also bought" and check out what other people liked. Look for 5 star reviews and a large number of reviews too. Very helpful.
      I always try to write a personal, dated note in the front of each book.

      Comment


        #33
        I attended the Multiple Sclerosis breakout on Wednesday afternoon at the PCORI annual meeting. The primary concerns that were identified as needing to be targeted and answered were:
        1. We need to find biomarkers that tell us which person will respond best to which therapy.
        2. We need to determine if the best course of action is to start a newly diagnosed person on a high efficacy drug right out of the gate or escalate with safer older drugs first moving to high efficacy only if relapses continue.
        3. We need to be looking at accounts of people who tell us that their DMT (Disease modifying therapy) is not only slowing the progress of their illness but is improving certain symptoms as well.
        FINALLY!!! They are listening to what we want and need and not just pursuing "a cure" which probably won't be available to many of us who have lived with this for decades.

        Comment


          #34
          Thank you Cherie for your advocacy, and for Sharing it here!

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by agate View Post
            I see we have a Catdancer here! Not to be confused with Cat Dancer or Uppity Cats.Looks as if you made the transition!

            Jeanie posted today in the "Smallest tasks" thread started by Lazarus.
            Seems like every time I try to get here I have to re-register! Anyway... now that I have everyone, including myself, confused.... :)
            ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

            Comment


              #36
              Well, it's Sunday night, and I'm just watch the Mel Gibson Lethal Weapon marathon. I think the 3rd is the last one. I've seen them all multiple times, but I enjoy them. You know, guns, violence, regular guy stuff.

              I'm working on my last 2 beers, so tomorrow I will go to the store, and get beer, and anything else I can think of, but right now, I'm loaded with food.

              Have a great night sleepy heads!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #37
                Thanks Nuthatch and Vicky for names of books. I will try to choose one soon. You guys save my life over and over.

                Went out to eat tonight with two brothers. No wives along - one at the beach and one helping to care for her Mother.

                I had grilled salmon, mashed potatoes and sautéed vegetables.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #38
                  We discovered over the weekend that Vikings has finished airing season 5. We don't have the History channel so we binge watched season 5 on Amazon prime in three evenings (10 episodes).

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I love Amazon. I started to buy a movie there, but decided against it. Have a good evening.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Where is everybody?? Or is my computer not working? Last post here was late last night, according to my computer! Nothing much happening here..
                      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Sorry, I've been very busy this morning. Will post more as I can.


                        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                        Comment


                          #42
                          I am here :)

                          There aren’t too many members, so it’s noticeable if a few are sleeping or otherwise.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            I'm here now and again but having a very busy and sad time right now.

                            My former husband died on Friday, suddenly (cardiac arrest, they say), in Chicago. Son and DIL went to Chicago for details. His companion over the last 25 years is very sad of course. She and I are friends by e-mail and phone but we've never actually met.

                            It's hard not to feel very sad even though we were divorced many years ago. I've known him for 60 years and we remained friends.

                            There won't be a service (his wish). He was a teacher, even had his Ph.D. thesis published as a book that got excellent reviews in good places. People didn't appreciate him nearly enough.

                            Anyway, I've been reading here and hope to be more communicative soon.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Agate. It's hard to loose someone that was once a big part of your life, even if it was long ago. I'm glad to hear that you remained friends through the years. Sending my condolences.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Posted on Howie's thread anyway. Trying to do Thanksgiving stuff.


                                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X