Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laurel vs Yanny explained

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by agate View Post
    When I knew I was being asked to count the number of times the ball was passed, I knew I couldn't do it because I just don't follow any fast movements at all. My eyes slowed down a long time ago. I did really badly on this.

    I'd make a perfectly terrible eyewitness. Interesting test though.
    Did you watch it all the way through, past the answer to how many passes there were? Must watch it until the bitter end.theres a surprise!

    Comment


      #17
      I wasn't going to mention the gorilla but since the cat/gorilla is out of the bag, I didn't see it at all the first time I watched the video. When I watched a second time--because I couldn't believe it as there all along--I definitely saw it.

      You think you can believe your own eyes but you can't.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #18
        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

        Sunshine ~

        Thanks for posting that exercise. Interesting! I had the correct solution, but I didn't notice the surprise!

        Perhaps you could edit your post with the link to add a spoiler alert (eg. "play the video, before reading the posts below").

        "A mind is a terrible thing to waste."

        Or as Dan Quayle once said:

        "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

        And he should know!

        Love & Light,



        Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

        Comment


          #19
          Good idea. I fixed it.

          Comment


            #20
            I did see the gorilla because he was in the way! Because of him being in the way I missed one of the passes, but laughed out loud when he pounded his chest.
            Guess I'm easily distracted by silliness!

            Comment


              #21
              ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

              Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
              I did see the gorilla because he was in the way! Because of him being in the way I missed one of the passes, but laughed out loud when he pounded his chest.
              Guess I'm easily distracted by silliness!
              nuthatch ~

              I'm thinking your distraction is visual acuity, which would be helpful in crime solving. To me, the distraction was counting the white shirts passing the ball. I was concentrating on that and completely blocked out the gorilla.

              Love & Light,



              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment

              Working...
              X