Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Anniversary to Catdancer and TC, Lazarus and John, Cherie and David--June 1!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I got a FedEX or UPS delivery in a big, tall box, and they left it standing up against the storm door. Luckily, I knew it wasn't breakable, so I just opened the storm door, and it fell to the bottom of the steps. I guess they hire for honesty, not intelligence.
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #17
      So nice Cat that you got flowers and found them before they wilted. I am glad all of you enjoyed the lunch.

      Cherie, sounds as though your anniversary was also nice - with daughter and her husband. Have a safe journey home.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #18
        Good stories!

        Comment


          #19
          Joe and I will be married 47 yrs June 23rd,, ,, we don't make a big deal about it,, plus its in the middle of haying,,
          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

          Peg

          Comment


            #20
            Peg,
            I know all too well how the seasons of farming have their own rhythms that sometimes get in the way of special days. However, we know how special that relationship is , in part due to how long it has lasted and also due to the great kids, grandkids, Springers, horses and community get togethers that you so generously share with us.

            We came home today because the forecast in NH was for 40s and rain for the next 3 days. Dave has a couple of properties that are due to close within the next couple of weeks and a new listing starting this coming weekend and another next weekend so has lots to do to get ready for all of that. Then, on the way home, someone he had sold a house to 20 years ago called to ask him to come over and list the house cause they were retiring to FL and had bought a house down there. His dry spell seems to have ended. Still holes in memory but we do have another visit with a neurologis in the Memory and Aging Clinical trial program at the end of this month.

            My Surface Pro 3 died Friday while we were away and I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft support this evening. My extended warranty ran our 2 and a half months ago. I have had my original Surface and THREE replacements under warranty during that time. Because of that history, they are giving me a new surface Pro4 tomorrow but I have to drive to Natick , MA to the Microsoft store there (closest one to me) to turn in the defunct machine and pick up the new and pay the difference. You can bet, with that history, that I will buy the complete protection plan. I really love the way it handles and the fact that it is so light weight and works beautifully when it works. Apparently they stopped making and selling the Pro 3 due to so many problems. So...I have an appointment at noon with them to set up the new system.

            Comment


              #21
              Happy belated anniversary to all those celebrating so many years together. Not many make it to the 50 year mark . . . that's why it's called the golden anniversary!
              Like Peg and Joe, we are approaching 47 years together, July 3rd to be exact. When I think about it, we were just youngsters when we got married . . . only 19 and 23 . . . crazy!

              Peg, was that haying or a roll in the hay?
              Never mind me, I'm just teasing . . . I grew up with only brothers and was teased constantly!

              Comment


                #22
                Peter and I will not have a golden anniversary. We should make it to four!

                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  Oh my Ann, can't believe you said that. I know you must be kidding. Poor Peter, you are picking on him again.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
                    Happy belated anniversary to all those celebrating so many years together. Not many make it to the 50 year mark . . . that's why it's called the golden anniversary!
                    Like Peg and Joe, we are approaching 47 years together, July 3rd to be exact. When I think about it, we were just youngsters when we got married . . . only 19 and 23 . . . crazy!

                    Peg, was that haying or a roll in the hay?
                    Never mind me, I'm just teasing . . . I grew up with only brothers and was teased constantly!

                    no worries ,, I am used to it,, between my hubby/sons/ and 2 brothers,, and grandson,>> who keeps asking me , if I knew what a seatbelt is when I had the accident,,lol
                    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                    Peg

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X