Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cataract Surgery information for Laz

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Oh no, Laz—-this is very tough. ...hoping things improve. We are here for you.

    Comment


      #17
      So sorry about this, Linda! I hope the situation can be brought under control soon.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by agate View Post
        So sorry about this, Linda! I hope the situation can be brought under control soon.
        Thanks Agate. Me too!
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #19
          Wishing you and John the best, Linda. Holding your hand.

          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #20
            I'm so sorry to see this. I hope he is better today.

            Comment


              #21
              Thinking about you guys. Sending heali
              Be the person your dog thinks you are

              Comment


                #22
                John May come home with a heart monitor. He is still having irregular heartbeats but I guess they are not severe enough so that I should panic.

                He’s trying to get a service to bring him home...I could go but I would be a lot happier if someone was helping him get in the house. He says he can walk.

                Those eye drops he is using do indeed act as a beta blocker which is the type of blood pressure med that caused him enormous problems. When I took him to Deaconess hospital in Boston that is what they took him off of and he got stronger right away. But his doctor said today that the eye drop dosage is too minuscule to cause the problems he now has.

                Anyway, I have a few hours of freedom in between loading up the truck while our worker goes to a farmers market for us today and John coming home in a few hours. Moxie is barking...maybe papa is here now! Bye.
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #23
                  Glad John is coming home.

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Glad John is coming home and with someone to help him in should he need it.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      ((((((Linda & John)))))) ~

                      By now, I hope that John is home and resting comfortably.

                      When Jim had cataract surgery, he was given Cipro drops for infection. Jim had taken Cipro orally in the past and had adverse side effects from it. The surgeon said the same thing to Jim as John's surgeon said ~ the amount was too minute to cause a problem. Well, it did. He had all of the same side effects.

                      An ICU intensivist convinced me to give Jonathan the smallest dose of Synthroid, which I did against my better judgement, and Jonathan had every adverse reaction to it.

                      It's similar to a peanut allergy ~ just a tiny amount of peanut can set off an allergic reaction. It doesn't require consuming tablespoonsful of peanut butter.

                      It is reasonable to think that the small dose of beta blocker in the drops, given several times a day, over a period of days, could cause this reaction. If the drops are stopped, and John improves, as he did before, then a correlation likely exists.

                      Sending healing prayers and prayers of strength for both of you.

                      Love & Light,



                      Rose
                      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                        ((((((Linda & John)))))) ~

                        By now, I hope that John is home and resting comfortably.

                        When Jim had cataract surgery, he was given Cipro drops for infection. Jim had taken Cipro orally in the past and had adverse side effects from it. The surgeon said the same thing to Jim as John's surgeon said ~ the amount was too minute to cause a problem. Well, it did. He had all of the same side effects.

                        An ICU intensivist convinced me to give Jonathan the smallest dose of Synthroid, which I did against my better judgement, and Jonathan had every adverse reaction to it.

                        It's similar to a peanut allergy ~ just a tiny amount of peanut can set off an allergic reaction. It doesn't require consuming tablespoonsful of peanut butter.

                        It is reasonable to think that the small dose of beta blocker in the drops, given several times a day, over a period of days, could cause this reaction. If the drops are stopped, and John improves, as he did before, then a correlation likely exists.

                        Sending healing prayers and prayers of strength for both of you.

                        Love & Light,



                        Rose

                        Rose,
                        I am so glad you are here, sharing information and knowing so much that is very important . I wish we did not have to learn everything we know about illness...
                        What you shared is extremely important. It will be the first order of business in the morning...I cringed when he took those eye drops last night but the threat of everything following the cataract surgery with its danger of blindness in that eye meye made me keep my mouth shut...the eye is working! HIs eye surgeon is the first one I will call this morning.
                        Last edited by Lazarus; 07-17-2019, 10:07 PM.
                        Linda~~~~

                        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                        Comment


                          #27
                          We are such a great community. Every one of us contributes something important, even Sam.
                          Thank you Rose for this info for Laz. Crossing fingers...

                          Comment


                            #28
                            ((((((Linda)))))) ~

                            I just want to clarify that I'm not a doctor (of course), but I know from experience that doctors often downplay drug side effects as a cause for symptoms.

                            When Jim reacted to the Cipro drops, the doctor prescribed a different antibiotic drop for him, and he was fine. So an alternative to the beta blocker drops would be worth trying, if John's symptoms occurred after taking the beta blocker drops.

                            If the drops are not the cause for his symptoms, then the cause needs to be determined.

                            I'll give you another example from Jim: when he was hospitalized earlier this year, he was given an IV antibiotic. Immediately he started having watery, bloody stools. The doctors asked Jim whether he'd eaten something or had been exposed to an intestinal virus before admission. He hadn't. I looked up the antibiotic, and one of the severe side effects was watery, bloody stools. He told them to stop the antibiotic. The bowels returned to normal.

                            Now, this may not be the culprit for John's symptoms, but it's worth exploring, in case it is. Of course, we want John's eye to be treated so it will heal, but there should be other options to the beta blocker drops, for those who could be susceptible to side effects from it.

                            I hope you are getting the answers you need today. I know how stressful this is, and I'm thinking of and praying for both of you.

                            Love & Light,



                            Rose
                            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Things are better today...the hospital admitted what a mess they had made of things and apologized many times over. They sent an Uber driver to pick John up this morning, cleared out a room at the hospital entrance and someone was there to put the heart monitor on...then they called another Uber ride to bring him home.

                              The doctors are thinking, like us!, that the eye drops and/or med that was injected directly into the eye may have produced his irregular heart beat and dizziness and everything else. I hope they are right because that means he will fully recover.
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment


                                #30
                                How nice to know that the hospital was willing to extend itself by smoothing the way for him! Of course the whole fiasco shouldn't have happened in the first place but hospitals are staffed by humans who make mistakes. I'm concerned that when they're run by robots, they'll make even more mistakes but that day isn't here yet.

                                Keeping my fingers crossed for John. You and he must have been through a nightmarish time.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X