A lot of good news or at least stable news. I too am glad the board is still going strong, albeit sad about losses and...
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
September Chit/Chat
Collapse
X
-
I went out to eat tonight with one of my brothers and his wife. After I left them I went to the Harris Teeter grocery store. I was very sorry to see that they did not have any moon drop grapes. I will keep trying to find them as I can. I don't know how long they are in season.
My brother and his wife told me that a new Wegman's has opened very close to Trader Joe's. It just opened today and they hired 20 off duty policemen to handle the crowds. They have underground parking and all kinds of things. I would be afraid to get involved in that it would make me very nervous. They have escalators wide enough that you can put a grocery cart on (or so they have been told). I can't get on and off regular escalators. Anyway, it is interested. They say they are not going to have sales, they are going to check two grocery stores every week and keep their prices in line with the other grocery stores.Virginia
Comment
-
The High Holy Day’s are my favorite times each year. At the end I fast on Yom Kippur. Wonderful time for reflection and reconsidering life.Originally posted by agate View PostFor those who observe Rosh Hashanah--Happy New Year, and it's 5780:
Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
I didn't have leg time to stop in a grocery store to look for the moon drops grapes.
Speaking of grocery stores, I guess someone was trying to be funny. A Kroger closed just down the street from me (probably less than 1/2 mile from my neighborhood) so someone had put a small sign that said A&P coming in early spring. Well they have been working all this time and spring came and went, summer came and went, but finally they had what will be the big sign out front and it is Howie's store "Food Lion". There is another Food Lion about a mile in the other direction. I don't know if it will close. I am going to try and get use to Food Lion. Very convenient. Howie, would love this.Virginia
Comment

Comment