Yum. Now THAT sounds like a delicious sub sandwich, Virginia!
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
June chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
-
Suze, it was so good after not having one in such a long time. Considered ordering some salmon tonight, but decided to wait until next week to do that. I will fix something tonight. Ann, see what you got started! I've got two aps on my phone now, Grubhub and Eubereats.Last edited by Virginia; 06-20-2020, 12:43 PM.Virginia
Comment
-
If there ever was a time to enjoy good restaurant food at home, NOW would be the time to do it!
You've all got me onto Instacart finally (with a slight first glitch that they corrected). These restaurant delivery services are next on my meal plan for me too!
We are going to need to be careful going out for a while, we might as well make our home environments as comfortable as possible!
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
Comment
-
Your State isn't the only place, Virginia. I have been preparing and getting extra supplies in anticipation of another lockdown, and protect myself to the max when going out. I find it exceedingly uncomfortable though, which limits my outside excursions even more.Originally posted by Virginia View PostI agree Suze, let's all be as comfortable as possible. My State keeps showing a rise in cases and hospitalizations each day.
I intend on enjoying outside food delivery more often as I am not going out as much, good food is a highlight of mine!
I am expecting the current situation to be about the same for about a year. That's why I'm exercising so much at home, I intend on being in as good a shape as possible, and want zero guilt while enjoying good food! Taking care of my mental health right now also means treating myself so I don't feel like it's all about restrictions during this period!
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
Comment
-
One thing people seem to forget, when you order out, it was handled by the foods cooks, then by whomever puts it in a container, then by the person who delivers it.
And the grocery store, every product you buy was placed on the shelf, then may have been picked up a customer to read the contents, decided not to buy it, and put it back on the shelf. Then the cashier handles it, and places it in a bag, then you handle cash, then go out to your car, drive home, and unload everything.
It's unavoidable. The best you can do is wash your hands. And of coarse, wear a mask when you go in any place. And stay home as much as possible, and avoid crowds. We will get through this, and life will return to normal.Last edited by Howie; 06-21-2020, 04:45 PM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Howie!
The best thing you can do to minimize food risk is go to a farmers’ market. Or find local farms doing delivery sometimes with other farmers as a group CSAOriginally posted by Howie View PostOne thing people seem to forget, when you order out, it was handled by the foods cooks, then by whomever puts it in a container, then by the person who delivers it.
And the grocery store, every product you buy was placed on the shelf, then may have been picked up a customer to read the contents, decided not to buy it, and put it back on the shelf. Then the cashier handles it, and places it in a bag, then you handle cash, then go out to your car, drive home, and unload everything.
It's unavoidable. The best you can do is wash your hands. And of coarse, wear a mask when you go in any place. And stay home as much as possible, and avoid crowds. We will get through this, and life will return to normal.Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
Howie, maybe it will get to normal, but probably not for quite some time.
Dr. Fauci gets take out from neighborhood restaurants. He doesn't go in and sit down to eat. The virus is not a foodborne virus, however I understand what you are saying about containers. The containers in the grocery store are as bad as the eat out ones, but the eat out ones are not any worse. I trust Dr. Fauci.
I would love to go to the farmer's market with or without the virus around, but I am unable to do that, so I will have to do what I can.Last edited by Virginia; 06-21-2020, 04:57 PM.Virginia
Comment
-
All good points, Howie! That's why I wear gloves when touching containers or removing food from them, or let items sit for a while before touching again, wash my hands after touching or use hand sanitizer, and don't touch mucous membranes and face until I know my hands are clean.
I know all food services are being extra vigilant, minimizing contact with food, especially restaurant delivery services.
We can reduce our risk likelihood tremendously just by hand washing and not touching our faces until we know our hands are clean.
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
Comment
-
Originally posted by SuzE-Q View PostAll good points, Howie! That's why I wear gloves when touching containers or removing food from them, or let items sit for a while before touching again, wash my hands after touching or use hand sanitizer, and don't touch mucous membranes and face until I know my hands are clean.
I know all food services are being extra vigilant, minimizing contact with food, especially restaurant delivery services.
We can reduce our risk likelihood tremendously just by hand washing and not touching our faces until we know our hands are clean.
At the farmers market customers can not pick up and put down a container of food. They point and I hand them the package and money transactions are handled at the next table, behind a plexiglass shield and all of the payment transactions are handled by a separate worker. And we are all wearing gloves and masks. That does diminish the load of the virus you can be exposed to...and it seems to be working in the states that practiced these procedures.Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
I went to get my hair cut and colored again today. There were two people in a back room, but not anywhere near me. My stylist and I were the only ones where she works. We both had mask on and I was wearing gloves. She gave me a fresh pair of gloves when I left because I was going to stop by the grocery. She also cautioned me to wipe down my steering wheel in my car. She says she keeps hand sanitizer in her car, washes her hands before she leaves the beauty shop, and then uses hand sanitizer on the steering wheel and again on her hands. She says anytime she has touched anything she does this.Virginia
Comment
-
Well, my doctor, or CVS, or both have dropped the ball on one of my medications. It's the Gabapentin. I'm only taking 4 today instead of the six prescribed. It prevents the seizures I have when I don't take it, so it's important they get the refills done on time.
I called CVS, and they are working on contacting my doctor, and getting the go ahead. It works so well, and stopped the seizures immediately, and I would want that to continue. Seizures are the pits.
So I wait........
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
Howie ~
Seizures are the pits, that's for certain. It is so frustrating when the pharmacy and the doctor don't communicate well about refills on medications. I hope that your Gabapentin has refills for at least 3 months, so that you don't have to have the doctor's authorization to get refills.
Ask your CVS if they have automatic refills. If so, then they can refill automatically or call the doctor for refills. However, even when we had this in place for Jon and Jim, it still got messed up.
So, I recommend that you keep an eye on your quantity of pills, and when you get to the point of 6 days left of pills (excluding weekends, in case the doctor has to be called for refills), you call CVS and ask them to call your doctor.
I've learned that I can't rely on the pharmacy or the doctor to prevent these mix-ups, and this medication is too important to have to cut back on your dosage.
Love & Light,

Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
Howie, that stinks!
There are “independent” pharmacies (I use one). They are not part of a conglomerate like Walgreens and CVS.
Mine for example is staffed by family members, owned by two pharmacists and have 2 more on staff. They are professional and caring. They answer directly to the boss.
They belong to a national chain of Independent Pharmacies,but they are not co owned etc: They do it to lock down contracts with the big insurance companies.
There is also a Medicare Service called CCM (Chronic Care Management). I m on it. My doc gets a fee from MEdicare to have a staff member manage these very kinds of issues, i.e. coordinate with meds, with multiple docs, getting riders etc) Sheis wonderful andrecently fixed a thorny med issue and a thorny doc issue to.o.
Comment

Comment