Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

February Chit/Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I did see on television, a question and answer session, in which a woman said she stood in line 3 hours to get vaccinated and because she did not have any ID they still would not let her have the vaccine. She appeared to be old enough. I think this might be a case where a person doesn't have any way to get a photo ID, which is different.
    Virginia

    Comment


      In this state and in WA state too, state photo IDs are required for everyone who doesn't have a driver's license. The state takes the photos. Mine was issued in 2010 and expires in 2026, and so it doesn't have to be done very often but I think I went to the DMV for it.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        Virginia, I would like to have had a daughter. Being one, I know they can be very helpful. I hope you are still feeling well after your day of side effects from your second Moderna vaccine.

        I had my first Moderna today. The venue, was a short 5 minute drive from home The clinic was very organized. They did not want my driver’s license. They asked my address, phone number and date of birth. They did have more information from when I booked the appointment. They also had emailed a QR code to bring to the appointment but didn’t want it when I presented it.

        As others have said, it was very professional and streamlined. No need to touch or sign anything. The nurse was a Travel Nurse who lives in Boston.

        As to side effects, I felt extra tired - almost sleepy and fell asleep immediately at bedtime. That’s it for #1.
        ANN

        Edited to add: I am so tired today that I am on the couch and didn’t get dressed or feed the birds. OTOH, I have MS so who knows.
        Last edited by stillstANNding; 02-27-2021, 10:03 AM.
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          The place I went for my first Moderna shot was like Ann’s. Very professional. Easy access. Close to home. Hearing about long waits in long lines makes me wonder at our good luck.
          Linda~~~~

          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

          Comment


            DH raised a 101.6F fever with Moderna #2. Tylenol helped. The fever was gone in about 48 hours.
            My first one created about 4 hours nausea.
            Second one is scheduled in a couple of weeks.

            Comment


              BTW, the newspaper said that the vaccine can swell lymph nodes, creating a false image on mammograms and other visualization tests.

              Comment


                I received Pfizer, but would have taken either one. Glad to see so many getting vaccinated.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  I'm up early because there was nothing on TV. So I went to bed early. I've made coffee, and given Sam her cheese. Now she's stretched out across my lap, purring.

                  Today is the last day of the shortest month. Then we beat on the drums, and March.

                  Everyone make this a great day!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    It is mud city here on the farm and hard to even drive around to get to then greenhouses. So I got up extra early while the ground was still cold and hard and went to pick the ripe Sungold tomatoes. We have the last winter market for this abbreviated winter next week. So HOwie, I feel March coming too!

                    For the first time I took my dog with me and let her loose in the greenhouse while I picked. Moxie is a great dog but sometimes when I call her she will stand 20’ away and just stare at me! So I was fearful that I would have trouble getting her to come when I was ready to leave the greenhouse. But it all worked out and she had a good time and you should see those 4 muddy paws! Wonderful start to the day.
                    Linda~~~~

                    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X