Is it possible that the person you spoke with just didn't want to do the exchange? How many nights are you expected to suffer? I doubt that I would put up with hurting all over for very many nights if there was another option.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
April chitchat
Collapse
X
-
Agate, the new mattress was just ordered yesterday. It is my old one that I am hurting on, however it might not be the mattress at all. I might be in an MS flare. I have had these flares where I ache in every muscle, it seems like. The man was very nice and would have made the exchange, but it was when I told him I had been sleeping on a cuddle ewe and he knew I was use to a much softer mattress that he suggested I might want to keep the order the way it was. Apparently, the firm is pretty firm and he thought I might not like that. I do have 180 days to return it.Virginia
Comment
-
That sounds like a nice return policy. I misunderstood--thought you'd already tried it.Originally posted by Virginia View PostAgate, the new mattress was just ordered yesterday. It is my old one that I am hurting on, however it might not be the mattress at all. I might be in an MS flare. I have had these flares where I ache in every muscle, it seems like. The man was very nice and would have made the exchange, but it was when I told him I had been sleeping on a cuddle ewe and he knew I was use to a much softer mattress that he suggested I might want to keep the order the way it was. Apparently, the firm is pretty firm and he thought I might not like that. I do have 180 days to return it.
I used to try out a mattress by going to the store and still have my doubts about not doing that. However, when I remember those trips to try out a mattress, you don't really get to know much about a mattress until you actually sleep on it, and you can't do that in a store. Or at least I couldn't. Maybe some people go into a store, plop down on a mattress and go right to sleep --and the store doesn't mind if they sleep for an hour or so? I can't imagine doing that.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
ANN ~
In a perfect world, Miss Manners' approach might work. Of course, for many years, we weren't invited anywhere, because everyone knew that it was impossible for us. Now that I'm on my own, it's difficult for some friends to understand why I don't want to be "free" and do the things that they enjoy doing. While COVID has been a giant factor, I would feel this way without it.
I am exhausted from just functioning daily. Grief is an energy-draining stressor, and I have to find tools to cope with it every day. But, people don't want to hear about my grief. For those, who haven't experienced what I have, it may seem that I should be "over it" by now. I will never be "over it." But I do my best each day to find comfort and peace in my grief. It's a lengthy, complicated process.
So, when I've been asked, "Why can't you?", I feel obligated to reply honestly. That has resulted in my not being asked to go anywhere or do anything. So, I'm back to being excluded.
I envy your green thumb. It's all I can do to keep succulents going. Gardening was Jim's department. One year, he grew corn in our backyard. Our neighbor looked over the fence laughing, "Hey Farmer Jim!" He didn't mean it as a compliment. I remember how much we enjoyed the fruits of his labor and how proud he was with his success.
Everything you are growing is mouth watering to me. Congratulations on your exquisite garden!
Agate ~
The heart I was using between "Love & Light," and "Rose" was visible here from the beginning of the new format. Then suddenly, it vanished. I know many of our emojis are unusable, but that heart still worked, until it didn't. Not a big deal, of course. Just a surprise.
And good for you too for planting! That's so much work. I wonder if there are other natural squirrel deterrents you could try.
You've been quite busy too!
I admire all of you for persevering with these strenuous activities.
Virginia ~
Off gassing is a real problem with many things we purchase, so it's always good to go organic, when possible. We always off-gassed things on our patio for days, before we used them in the house.
It is a possibility that your muscle aches are related to your hypothyroid:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
Most people do not realize how important the thyroid is to our overall health and well being. And, in my experience with Jonathan, it seemed that many doctors wanted to blame his problems on something other than thyroid, or they wanted to blame everything on his thyroid.
Jon couldn't tolerate Synthroid, as he had all of the adverse side effects associated with it on the lowest dosage. So, he didn't have a chance to fight it.
When do you check in with your doctor again? You might want to mention these muscle aches, and any other symptoms you have had recently, as well as your blood pressure.
And, I don't know how you do all that you do with all of this going on. You are amazing! But, you also need to rest and not overdo or push yourself.
I hope that your new mattress is perfect for you.
Sunshine ~
You have so much to go through to get to the surgery, and I remain hopeful for you that it will all go smoothly and you will have success and relief from the Baclofen pump. You'd rather have all of the preliminary stuff to ensure that it will turn out that way. Even though it is a lot, it's the safest path to recovery and freedom.
Wonderful news that your loved one is responding well to treatment.
Prayers, and healing, positive energy to all of you and your loved ones ~ be well, stay safe, stay strong.
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
Sunshine sounds like they are working toward a date for your surgery at least. Jeanie asked about that last time we talked. Glad immunotherapy seems to be working for your loved one.
Rose, thanks so much for the article. I definitely will speak to my Doctor when I see her the next trip, to see what she thinks. Hurting all over in the muscles is not fun. It leaves me drained.
I think you seem to be doing as well as one can expect for a year and two years. That really is a short amount of time.Virginia
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
Virginia and Sunshine ~
Thank you so much for your support and understanding. Gratefully, I am blessed with many wonderful friends, who recognize that I need space and to do things in my own time.
John and his friend, who is a fencing contractor, have been in the process of deconstructing and reconstructing a brick retaining wall in the front yard. The wall is there, because the original owners landscaped their yard to be elevated above my yard. It has been falling apart for 44 years, and it is visible on my side, of course.
This is the beginning of addressing the many major projects, which need to be done on my home. It also signals to my neighbors on the street/in the community that I am doing something to improve my property.
For me, this is progress. Of course, I have John always on my side to guide me through every step. I would be lost without him.
So, I am as fine as I can be at this point, and I'm working every day to find comfort, healing, and joy.
Prayers and blessings for all ~
Love & Light,
❤️❤️❤️❤️
Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
THANKS!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment

Comment