Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Disappointed - it looks like I am the only one who watched Prince Phillips funeral. I got up and watched it in real time rather than watch on the DVR. Then when it was over, I promptly laid back in my recliner and took a two hour nap.

    Hope all of you are having a good Saturday. It was cool here this morning and I turned on the fireplace while watching the TV. This afternoon has been just slightly warmer but it is cloudy.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #92
      ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

      Virginia ~

      You're not alone. I watched Prince Philip's funeral this morning live on YouTube.

      Seeing the Queen sitting alone, I felt sad for her. A few days ago, a reporter quoted the Queen stating that the reason she and Philip had a long marriage was because they gave each other space. That can be interpreted in a variety of ways. We know the Royals have a long history of infidelity. Regardless of whether Philip was faithful to Elizabeth, he was loyal to her as her consort for 73 years. I would imagine that she will miss him.

      Harry sat alone, and I felt sad for him for many reasons. I watched Megan and Harry in their interview with Oprah, and I wasn't surprised or shocked by what they revealed. If Jim was here to discuss this with me, I believe he would say, "He married an American, not part of any Royal line, a commoner, who is black. That is defying Royal protocol. It's centuries of 'blood line' that they don't want interrupted."

      The Royals gave Diana a rough time, while Prince Charles was wooing Camilla. Harry didn't want Megan and his children to be subjected to that same scrutiny and privacy invasion. I applaud him for defying the system, which is archaic.

      Following the service, Harry and William were walking beside each other and chatting. I hope that they've had some time alone together to sort things out prior to the funeral. I feel that William knows that he's in line for the crown, so he is obeying tradition. Harry knows that his shot at the crown is doubtful, and I don't think he wants the crown anyway. Harry is a modern lad living in 2021.

      The music for Prince Philip's funeral was beautiful, haunting, and chilling. The lone bagpiper marching slowly out of the cathedral was quite poignant.

      It appeared that the weather was gorgeous, and the overhead shots of the areas surrounding the cathedral and castle were breathtaking.

      Of course, I think of Jim, because he loved England, the UK, and often described its many beautiful and centuries old places and structures to us.

      I wonder what they all did after the service ~ did they assemble for a meal? Maybe not with the COVID protocol. For the Queen, I would imagine no one can hug her or get near her. I'm sure she needs a hug. I know I do, and I really miss hugs.

      Philip had many health issues, but he managed to survive them for 99 years. May he rest in peace.

      Love & Light,



      Rose

      *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!


      THANKS!




      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

      Comment


        #93
        Sorry I missed the funeral though I saw a tiny segment of it as shown on one of the news channels. I might be able to catch more of it on the evening news.

        I had a pileup of ironing today, and the management has scheduled a sprinkler inspection for Tuesday at the very time when I'll be headed out of here to go for routine lab work. I've been trying to make sure the place doesn't have too much visible dust since the managers will be in here when I'm not here.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #94
          Rose, I thought the choir of 4 sounded like more people. They were wonderful. Phillip planned his funeral well. I have read that the Queen fell in love with Phillip shortly after they started dating. Even though he had a period of sowing some wild oats when the kids were young I read he really did love her. He said after that that Margaret just got on his nerves during that time so bad and she was always there. I feel they certainly shared more good than bad times. He was truly a faithful escort and it would have been hard for her to do what she did without him. I loved his sense humor. When she was crowned he asked her "Where did you get that hat?" All the family talks about his sense of humor.

          I too am glad Harry got out. He would always have come in, not just second, but even after Williams' children which I can understand, but I feel it would have been hard on him and Meghan. She couldn't be expected to understand the royal ways, she is not even British.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #95
            ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

            agate ~

            I hope your trip to have your lab work done will be smooth and uneventful. I do wish that you could have this done at home. I don't suppose that there is any way to get management to reschedule for a day, when you will be home?

            I'll be praying for safe travels, on time travels, and good reports on the sprinkler system, which I will pray never needs to be needed.

            Virginia ~

            "Sowing wild oats" seems typical among the Royals historically. Think about Prince Andrew and his current scandal, which gets swept under the Royal rug. If those castle walls could speak!

            I hope that all goes well with Laura's cleaning visit tomorrow.

            Healing energy and prayers continuing for you ~

            Love & Light,



            Rose

            *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!


            THANKS!
            Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

            Comment


              #96
              Rose, how I wish I could talk the management into choosing a different time for the sprinkler inspection but when the building management decrees something, there's no arguing about it--no exceptions.

              One manager in the past was fond of saying, "This is FEDERAL" if I hesitated to comply. Or "This is HUD." I'm still hearing this in one form or another: "HUD rules don't permit..."

              And it may be absolutely true. During the recertification process every year the manager pulls out notebooks that are so enormous I wonder how she lifts them off the shelf--notebooks filled with policies for every situation under the sun.

              I could say I'd like to be home but they'd prefer for me not to be home. They blitz through the building, doing everyone's apartment in one day, and having the residents at home would slowo the process down down for them.

              Virginia, I vaguely recall Princess Margaret as a bit of a problem but can't remember just what it was. Was she partying too much?
              Last edited by agate; 04-18-2021, 09:58 PM.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #97
                I watched the shows on Netflix on the Royal family, one I think was called The Crown, they were multi episodes.
                It painted the young Philip as a philanderer and as crushing the spirit of Prince Charles.

                Comment


                  #98
                  Everyone sure is up on the royal family. I personally have no interest. My ancestors weren't English, but I do speak their language. I guess that's something.
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #99
                    I'm not very up on them either, Howie, and many of my people came over from England. Speaking the English language is something. Not one of the world's easier languages, IMO.

                    Last edited by agate; 04-20-2021, 12:18 PM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      I love the English and have read books about the British. Sunshine, Phillip was hard on Charles, in that he wanted him to attend the same school he attended when he was young. It was a hard school and Charles was just not up to it. He hated it there, but Philip insisted that was where he needed to be. Charles did not send William and Harry to that same school. Philip and the Queen reportedly had there biggest argument over the children's last name. He wanted them to take his last name of Mountbatten. She said they should all remain The House of Windsor, so that is what they did.

                      Margaret became a big partier. She smoked, drank and ran with a pretty wild crowd. However, Elizabeth loved her and was able to put up with it more than Philip was.

                      The card on top of Prince Philip's casket red something like All my Love and was signed Lilibet. This had been her nickname when she was very young. Philip was the only one who still used it.
                      They say she probably will live out the rest of her days at Windsor Castle where they were when he died. She will return to Buckingham Palace for any official duties she needs to do there.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        Just to let everyone know. I am having a problem getting in here. I finally turned off my firewall on my computer and I am allowed in, but with it on I am not. I do not like to turn it off. I can go anywhere else on the internet with it on, so I don't understand why it chose this one place to not let me through.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                        • agate
                          agate commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I just saw this--I hope you won't mind if I quote this in the message I posted in the Moderator Connection thread. I'm referring to your post about your log-in problem. --Also, there's usually a way to stop a firewall from doing that if you look around. Sometimes it's called a whitelist. It might be a fix for now, until the admins can change whatever might need changing at their end.
                          Last edited by agate; 04-21-2021, 11:00 AM.

                        Forgot to same Laura did come Monday. She did a good job. She cleaned my shower. I had been doing it with a long handle brush, but she could do it more thorough with a rag and cleaning stuff. She vacuumed under my bed real good, she also cleaned that great big tub in master bath that collects dust, she cleaned the shower and tub in the small bath down here. She cleaned the kitchen cabinets, mopped all three floors. Then she cleaned all the baseboards down on her hands and knees with a bucket of water and a rag. I had been dusting them with a long handle brush, but was unable to get to some and they needed wiping down with a damp rag anyway. She also did that to all the chair rail.

                        She did not have time to do any of my weekly dusting and vacuuming so I have to do that. She wore a mask while she was here. She had her first vaccination Saturday and will get the next one in May.

                        It was good to have her back. I hope she continues to come when she is supposed to. She has a Granddaughter by her unwed 16 year old daughter and I think Laura is having to pretty much raise her. Her daughter did keep her while Laura came to work here and I guess she does when Laura works other places. Tough situation.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          Virginia, I'm having trouble too. I have to sign in every time I come here, even though I check the "remember me". Frustrating to say the least.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            Howie, do you mind if I mention this in the Moderator Connection thread, which means that the admins and mods and I will see it but nobody else will?

                            They're concerned about any log in problems, I'm sure. If people can't get in here and post, then the board is just a ghost board or something like that.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              Howie, if I leave my firewall off I don't have any problems. I am not sure I should be doing that. When I get out of here I have been turning it back on, but it is some trouble. I am not that proficient in computers that how to do it just comes automatically. I have to think about it. If I keep doing it maybe I will get faster.

                              Agate, it is fine for you to report my problem.
                              Virginia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X