Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

    Virginia ~

    How are you feeling? Are you doing well on the antibiotics and the increase in your thyroid med?

    I understand how different manufacturers of the same drug can make a difference in efficacy of the medication. That happened frequently with Jon's and Michael's seizure meds.

    My prayers are with you that your UTI clears up, your thyroid stabilizes and your BP decreases. If you're unsure about your BP monitor, then, it is probably a good idea to get a new one. Then you can compare your BP between the 2 of them to determine how far off one is from the other.

    ANN ~

    Your Easter meal sounds delicious, and it's wonderful that you were able to enjoy a nice visit with your MIL.


    Yesterday, three white day lilies bloomed under our giant eucalyptus tree. These are Jim's favorite lilies.

    Today, an orange and black butterfly wafted across the backyard, just as I glanced toward the window.

    Keeping you all in my prayers and sending you positive, healing energy ~

    Love & Light,



    Rose

    *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!


    THANKS!
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #32
      Thanks for asking Rose. It is making me tired, or something is. Of course that could be thyroid, MS or this medicine. She gave me 10 days of medicine. Wish it had been at least no more than 7. I have had two & half days only so a long way to go.

      I am due to meet brothers and their wives Thursday night. They are coming over close to my house and one brother is going to bring his B/P monitor and I am going to take mine and we will see how close they are. I have been monitoring my B/P periodically the last couple of days. I know that B/P is not the same all the time, but mine seems to jump around quite a bit. It usually goes from about the low 120s to the high 140s, in fact 149 this afternoon. I am drinking fluids. When my Doctor called Friday night she told me to drink plenty of fluids, so I am drinking more water than usual.

      Otherwise everything is alright. I hope your Easter went okay.

      Are you talking to your friends on Facetime?
      Virginia

      Comment


        #33
        Hi everyone. It was really a shock to see this new format. I had to first figure out how to enlarge everything, it showed so tiny on my screen. I am still having problems reading it. I'll have to come back here another time to read up on what everyone did to cope with everything. I had hoped there was a separate thread on it.

        Comment


          #34
          Welcome back, Parsi--I'd been wondering about you.

          There's some discussion going on in the Feedback Forum, and on the MS forum there is a thread about the new board. Links can be odd just now. You probably need to click on the "This new board..." line instead of on the "http" line to get to the thread. The thread title is "This new board--comments" in case you'd prefer just to find it on the list of threads.
          :
          Last edited by agate; 04-05-2021, 09:39 PM.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #35
            Hi Parsi! Good to see you

            What were you wondering about? There’s been much to cope with.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #36
              Hi Parsi, I also find the new type smaller, but I am getting use to it and getting around well enough to talk to everyone. That is what is important to me.

              I had thought of you and also there are some others that I had hoped to see, but haven't yet. Hope you are doing well.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                You can enlarge or reduce the size of the type in your posts, but I just press CTRL and the + sign to enlarge everything until I get it where I want it. Sometimes other things disappear though, and then I have to remember that and press CTRL and the minus sign to bring the missing material back.

                Maybe there are better ways of doing this--but this works for me.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #38
                  ((((((Hugs to All))))) ~

                  Parsi ~

                  So happy to see you posting! Agate is keeping us updated and helping us through this new format. Mike Weins is available to help us with technical issues, and he'll answer your questions. And, we've all been here for awhile now, so we are learning together. You're in good company.

                  When I set up my new iMac, I went to my Settings and made sure that I had larger font on all of my websites. I don't know what kind of computer you have, and I would need to consult with my dear friend, who guided me through the process. I don't remember where I went to make that change.

                  Also, if you have a feature called "View" on your computer (mine is at the very top above the webpage on my desktop), you can enlarge the font there with Zoom In or Zoom Out.

                  I hope that is somewhat clear.

                  Virginia ~

                  As I am sure you know, fatigue is a major part of hypothyroid. It may take some time for your increased dose to become effective in returning your thyroid levels to a normal range.

                  A UTI is also a factor in fatigue. Any infection will cause that response. You can check the side effects of the antibiotic you are taking on our Drug Info link. It might give you some insight as to how you are feeling.

                  Are you taking your BP at the same times every day? I would suggest you take it when you get up in the morning, after meals, after any exertion, at bedtime. Chart the day/time/BP and perhaps even something to indicate what you'd eaten, if you'd slept well, any stress, etc.

                  It's not unusual for BP to fluctuate throughout the day and night. Much of it is related to your circumstances at the time you take it. That's why it is helpful to have specific times to take your BP and chart so you have history.

                  I do a breathing exercise before I take my BP. Breathe in through your nose to the count of 4, exhale slowly through your parted lips for 8 counts. Repeat this a few times, then take your BP. It's worth seeing whether it works to your benefit. If not, it can't hurt you.

                  From my experience with my boys and Jim, there is a fine line between enough water and too much water. It's good to be cognizant of your urine output, as well as any signs of edema or bloating.

                  To answer your question ~ No, I have had no Facetime chats yet. However, I am preparing to make a brief video for a montage to celebrate my aunt's birthday. My cousin invited me to join. John agreed to help me with videoing and sending the video to the correct place.

                  Easter Sunday began with a jolt at 4:44 a.m. I heard a loud noise, and I wondered what it could be. I didn't notice any movement, as in an earthquake. But, it was an earthquake nonetheless. A 4.0 earthquake. There have been many aftershocks, but thankfully, I have not felt them. Earthquakes follow their own path.

                  Every quake brings back memories of our quake, and the quakes before. I have experienced too many quakes to count, but I never will get used to them. I just remember vividly waking Jim to come downstairs to get to Jonathan, and as we ran down the stairs, we saw everything in our house flying across the room, crashing on the floors. Our water mains broke, and our streets were flooded. There was no way out, except by canoe.

                  So, that was not a good way to start my Easter Sunday. But I got through it, and I'm still here.

                  I send you healing prayers and positive energy, Virginia, and to all of our friends here at BT. Stay safe, be well, be strong, and be good to yourself.

                  Love & Light,



                  Rose

                  *Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!



                  THANKS!
                  Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                  Comment


                  • Lazarus
                    Lazarus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for that wonderful post Rose, so fulll of information and hopeful responses to illness

                  #39
                  Agate hasn't been very helpful to Howie. He still can't log in though the admins have sent several possible fixes. He is able to see the board and read the posts though.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                  • Lazarus
                    Lazarus commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well then, Hello Howie! The weather here has become warm and tomorrow we will get peas planted! John already plowed and then made the rows to plant. Tomorrow a friend will come over to push the simple planter which drops one seed at a time...lot os walking! Maybe 6 300’ rows and 20 more rows that are 150’ each. I think but the numbers might be a little shorter or longer,

                    Well Howie...take care and good luck logging in!

                  #40
                  Rose, I am taking my B/P several times a day. Early in the morning it is low, but I have noticed every afternoon it goes up. Today I was so tired I just laid back in my chair for a couple of hours. When I got up I took my B/P thinking it would be about the same as in the morning when getting out of bed, but it was 149/82. Then later today it went down again. I do plan to get a 2nd
                  B/P monitor so I can tell if it working right or not.

                  Glad you got through the quake alright, but what a way to start Easter.

                  Agate, I am so sorry Howie is having a problem getting on. Surprised Mike or someone can't help him. Hope he will soon be back with us.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #41
                    Will this bring Howie back?
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #42
                      Agate, Ann, Virginia, Rose, it's nice to know I'm thought of.

                      I found the zoom feature in my settings on my laptop before I even tried to read and post here. It's now at 150%. Any larger and it would run off the screen. It took me awhile to find it. I wasn't where it had been a few years ago. It seems that each computer updatebrings about changes.
                      There is something about the type that bothers me. Perhaps the long lines?

                      I see we can share with facebook or twitter. I'm not sure I like that.

                      I hurt all over which discourages movement. As a result I do less and less. Lack of movement leads to more pain. I know that I need exercise and tell myself often, but I just don't listen. Sometimes the cane is enough. Other times I can't get around without the walker. And at other times I manage okay without anything (if not extended walking). Not much yard work will get done again this year I can tell.

                      Easter Sunday we did go to a restaurant with son's family and his parents-in-law. There was roast duck on the specials menu and there was a choice of portions. I got the smaller one. It was only the second time that I ever had duck.

                      Last night I went to a local history museum meeting. I hadn't gone all winter. The meetings are at night and I didn't feel like discussing driving conditions on country roads with my husband. It was nice to reconnect.

                      My husband and I both have been fully vaccinated as of a couple weeks ago.

                      I actually read a couple of books recently. That is something I haven't done in a long time.
                      Last edited by Parsi; 04-07-2021, 06:03 AM.

                      Comment


                        #43
                        I see we can share with facebook or twitter. I'm not sure I like that.
                        Parsi, where did you find something about sharing with Facebook or Twitter? I haven't found it yet. I'm not sure I like that either.

                        Glad you had duck! I've had duck once or twice (even roasted one once), and I really liked it.

                        Linda, good luck with the planting project!

                        In case anyone is mystified by my post that says "Will this bring Howie back?"--there was a smiley after that sentence showing a hand giving the salute from Star Trek but it vanished overnight. My apologies. I'm adjusting very slowly to this new board.







                        Last edited by agate; 04-07-2021, 08:15 AM.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                        • Parsi
                          Parsi commented
                          Editing a comment
                          In the column to your far left. On the top I see your avator, then your usename. Under that it says "Distinguished Community Member" Then your join date and posts. Finally there is a dark blue bar with the Facebook logo and word "Share". Under that a light blue bar with the Twitter logo and word "Tweet"

                        #44
                        Parsi, so nice to see your face and put it with your name. I have not graduated on my iPhone to posting pictures. Maybe some day I will.

                        I saw the share thing with Facebook and Twitter. It may have been when I signed in. I haven't looked again. I stay logged in and my computer is set to come straight to Multiple Sclerosis.
                        I remember being a little surprised about being able to share with Facebook and Twitter and decided if there was a way to turn that off I would.

                        Hi Howie, just in case you are reading. Come home! We miss you.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #45
                          Originally posted by Parsi View Post
                          In the column to your far left. On the top I see your avator, then your usename. Under that it says "Distinguished Community Member" Then your join date and posts. Finally there is a dark blue bar with the Facebook logo and word "Share". Under that a light blue bar with the Twitter logo and word "Tweet"
                          What a surprise! I had no idea. That isn't what I see at all--none of that except for the user name and avatar and join date.

                          If nobody else wants to mention this to the admin, I will--and in the Moderator Connection forum, where my post won't show to anyone except the mods and the admins.

                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X