Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

March chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Agate, I've disliked and avoided cranberries all my life. Then, just a few weeks ago I was in a situation where I "had" to take a cookie I was offered. I took a bite of this cranberry cookie and it was delicious! It was so good that the next time I was in the grocery store I bought a bag of dried cranberries and made a batch of great cookies. For me trying anything new is a big, big step. Now I'm thinking of trying a craisin in a batch of oatmeal cookies.

    Tim, I have a new plate for my lower jaw -- it's hard to get used to.

    Virginia, I sure hope you're doing better soon ....... I wish you were close enough for me to bring you some cookies!

    Comment


      #77
      Originally posted by agate View Post

      Tim, you have no teeth? That must be difficult, to put it mildly~
      Yes, they were all extracted. It's about a 2 year wait to get dentures.

      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

      Comment


        #78
        That must be difficult. Diet has to be so limited. Do you like nut butters? Ice cream? Puddings?

        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #79
          I can actually eat quite a lot of things.Yes I do like the foods you've mentioned,but they're not a regular part of my diet. One of things I struggle to eat are thin, flat foods. Foods I can't pulverise with my gums.
          Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
          the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

          Comment


            #80
            It would be difficult to not eat the foods one wants for an extended period of time

            Jingle, I wish you were close enough to make me some cranberry cookies. I love almost anything to do with cranberries.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #81
              Today I made cookies for the kids at church on Easter Sunday. I used the usual chocolate chip recipe but instead of chocolate chips I used pastel M&Ms. They are safe in my freezer, and I'll move them to the freezer at church. The lady organizing things can get them anytime. I wonder if she needs me to make some cute things - bags or boxes - to give the assorted treats to the kids?

              Because I had all the cookie stuff out I made a batch of chocolate oatmeal cookies with a nice whole maraschino cherry tucked in the middle and then the whole thing being drizzled with a chocolate squiggle.

              Comment


                #82
                Yesterday was not a great day. Doppler test suggests it's borderline re compression stockings still being useful. Only good thing = blood pressure was fine. I do wonder how much things have been affected by low levels of sleep over the past 2-3 months. Knowing what to do has always been much easier for me ,than consistently doing it.
                Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by Prot View Post
                  Yesterday was not a great day. Doppler test suggests it's borderline re compression stockings still being useful. Only good thing = blood pressure was fine. I do wonder how much things have been affected by low levels of sleep over the past 2-3 months. Knowing what to do has always been much easier for me ,than consistently doing it.
                  That good blood pressure probably means a lot. When I gave EKGs in a hospital many years ago, part of my job was getting a BP reading on each person, and I noticed that those with high BP just weren't doing so well at all compared to the others. Also, my dad who had high BP died at 56 while my mother, who always had very low BP, outlived him by nearly 30 years. I have the impression that keeping BP normal is very important. So congratulations on that BP.

                  Yes, consistently doing what you know you should do just gets harder as time passes, at least for me, and that's probably because I need to do more and more things just to keep everything ticking away normally. And my problems are simple compared to many people I know.



                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #84
                    Jingle, you are creative as well as smart and active. I know the kids will love the cookies.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #85
                      [QUOTE]Facing the daunting realities of a multiple sclerosis (MS) diagnosis, Case Jernigan, a US artist based in Italy, turned to art to make sense of his new reality, including the mobility and cognitive difficulties to come. For Jernigan, creativity became a way to process his fear and uncertainty. His heartfelt hybrid animation and live-action short Noggin is the result.
                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                      Last edited by Prot; 03-28-2025, 03:50 AM.
                      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                      Comment


                        #86
                        Original video that is worth watching--thank you for finding and posting it, Tim.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Thanks for posting Tim.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #88
                            Do you use a sit down shower, like me? The worst part is waiting for the water to warm up.
                            Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                            the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                            Comment


                              #89
                              I use a shower chair in my shower. I had a shower stool but needed something more sturdy so I bought a chair.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #90
                                My shower, like most showers, has a built-in seat that I don't use. But it also has very nice built in grab bars that I depend on. Those bars are also behind and beside the toilet. The whole place is designed for older people.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X