Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Quinto De Julio.... The Day After... LOL and I survived.

    DD and Grands are still in Atlanta celebrating. I miss them!!!

    Wishing everyone wellness and have a great rest of the weekend.
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #17
      :) Hi everyone. I discovered this morning that my in the ramp van scooter would not run at all. I called the guy who fixes them and he said he'd call me if he had time to see it later today. I was beside myself as I need groceries and have to have the scooter to do that. He is closed on Saturday and Sunday.

      At 3:30 he called and said to bring it about four. I did and when he took the motor cover off he pushed the reset button and it worked again. I had forgotten it had a reset button as I have never had to use it. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and feel very blessed that it was so easy to fix.

      My son came this morning and mowed the yard, blew off the driveway and mopped my floors and it was his and his wife's birthday. I am taking them to dinner on the weekend. I watched fireworks on TV last night. Jeanie :)

      Comment


        #18
        For agate:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        You can find many videos for different products and how they work on YouTube. I hope this is helpful.
        Last edited by Moderator #7; 07-06-2013, 07:42 AM.

        Comment


          #19
          Thanks ever so much! I hate to think how many jars I've shattered when trying to open them by banging their lids against a counter. I have an assortment of jar-opening gadgets at the ready but there are times when nothing works.

          (Referring to post #2 above)
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #20
            :) Hi again everyone. I just tried to send Tammy (Jingle) a happy birthday email and the address I have is no longer good. Has anyone here heard from her?

            Any more news about Howie?

            That can opener is fantastic. I am going to order one. Thanks, Jeanie :)

            Comment


              #21
              Howie is home now and doing well. I'm not sure why he hasn't contacted the admins here about how to have access to this place but he's definitely been urged to do that.

              I think Peg is in contact with Tammy (Jingle). Why not send her a PM?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #22
                Details

                Just a quick update as I am so busy getting all the last minute things done for Joe's memorial service which will be on Sunday July 14th. My middle son is coming over tomorrow to help me get the house and yard in order. The house is a big mess and hasn't been properly cleaned in the last year. All I could manage to do was to take care of Joe's needs as well as mine.

                Every day is a challenge and I can tell that my health is slowly getting progressively worse as I have a lot more pain. I am going to a new neurologist in town who wants to do an EMG. He did repeat the antibody test for MG and it came back negative so the IVIG worked with the good antibodies attacking the bad ones. Hopefully something will come along to repair the damage one day.

                Hope everyone is doing as well as possible.

                Blessings,
                Gabriella
                Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                Comment


                  #23
                  Hi Everyone,

                  Its been a long time since I have posted but I was looking in to provide a recommendation to a friend and thought I would say hi! Hi! Maybe you remember me, maybe not, but I was dxed with rrms in August of 2002 and have been on Copaxone since September of 2002. I have been one onf the fortunate ones who seems to have stabilized, at least for a while. I started taking Amypyra at least a year ago and it has helped my mobility, enough so that people I work with have asked me what I have done to improve my walking. Still do have disease activity as I have new areas of numbness but again I have been fortunate. Of course, we all know that one never knows the road this disease will take.

                  Anyway, its nice to see so many familiar names and catch up a bit on how you are. Take care each and everyone of you.

                  paj

                  Comment


                    #24
                    (((((Pretty Paj))))), Nice to hear from you. I had hoped you weren't
                    here because you were feeling well. Miss your reporting in.

                    Stay well,
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      #25
                      Paj,
                      Glad to see you are back home.

                      Howie,
                      Please check in


                      I am wilting in a major way with this heat! Sitting in my home office with cooling collar on and it helps. Going to the Office with the A/C helps but I do not have central air in the house and with temps in the 90s the past several days, I feel like a wet dishrag.

                      Still waiting to hear if Tecfidera will be approved (since June 20)

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Hi Paj good to see you its been awhile. Back when, when it used to say Iran beneath your name I used to wonder what life would be like for you.

                        Getting ready for our party Saturday, our kids are doing the work and I write the checks :) it has grown to over a hundred people. As we used to own a bar I guess that folks want to see if we lost are touch to throw a party. House warming and 30th wedding anniversary.

                        Everyone is invited you would not believe the amount of food and bbq stuffed in the freezers and milk fridge.

                        Now if it will stay cool.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          :) Hi everyone. Gabriella I hope your new neuro helps you get rid of the pain. I know the service for your husband will go well. Paj I'm glad to see you back. Sally I think you are one super lady. Now we need Howie and Craig to check in.

                          Monday my ramp went out and I rolled out at Lowe's. Then it would not go in. Not with the key button nor when I started the engine and used the inside switch. I got two men going by to raise the ramp manually and close the door.

                          Yesterday I went to the mobility place and called and the guy came out to my van. He said try the switch and of course it went right out, then it came right back in with the switch. He had me open it and he adjusted something in the door mechanism and no charge.

                          I'm not crazy about living alone and I sure do not want a new relationship but it would be nice to have someone close by to chat with regularly. Today I stayed on the bed until 1 PM. My cough is back as bad as ever and I've finished the second round of antibiotics.

                          It is sweltering here and I am staying in AC. I hope all of you are doing ok with the heat. Please keep me in your prayers. You are all in my prayers. Jeanie :)

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Craig gets on Facebook every weekend and posts. It's a lot of effort for him but he is one amazing guy and manages to keep a positive attitude amidst all that he is facing.

                            Trying to weave through the paperwork at Biogen to get Tecfidera started. Should have it tomorrow but this is after 3 weeks of being denied and going through different routes to get there.

                            This heat is really impacting me. Not sleeping well. Not waking well rested. Mind muddled at work. I am just not on top of my game.

                            With all that's going on in Egypt lately, I have been thinking a lot about Kate. I know she moved back to Germany to be with her parents. Anyone heard anything from her?

                            Comment


                              #29
                              No, but I hope Bubbleperson's DH(the bum) falls on his sword. (just kidding) sorta.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                #30
                                I've checked with a couple of folks who, I know, have kept in touch with her. They have not been able to contact her now for a couple months. I'm concerned.

                                Thundershowers and cooling to low 80s for the past 24 hours. More comfortable.

                                I have to honestly admit that my symptoms have kicked back up since relapse in March and I think I am nearly back to where I was before starting Cytoxan 4 years ago. I am really hoping Tecfidera is helpful in halting the slide and perhaps reversing some of this. I say reversing because on other therapies I have been on, there has been actual improvement.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X