Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT July Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Hi everyone,,

    I am still around,, I see Paj finally made it back in,, she has the extra key,,

    we are going to experience some summer time heat all next week,,bout time,, I love the heat,, humidity turns me into a whimp,, and lo and be hold,, we will have hay to bale,,hahaha !

    Garden ,, finally getting some cucumbers/cabbage/onions,, zucchini real soon,, careful what you wish for with zucchini,,lol,, tomatoes soon,we downsized our tomato patch 34 plants instead of 40,,like huh ?,,lol

    that's all from us farmers on a dirt road, and tar paper shack,,hehehehe !
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    Comment


      #32
      I've just taken my third dose of Tecfidera (twice daily) and so far so good. No flushing or GI symptoms. It is cooling here a bit with temps in the upper 70s to low 80s and sun most of the day instead of the forecast thunderstorms which hit just north of us. Dave just came in from mowing the lawn (10" high since it was dry enough to cut) and is now in the shower trying to cool off.

      I can't wait till I start feeling more like I've become accustomed to feeling again.

      Comment


        #33
        I had sudden and severe diahreea (sp>) when I moved to the full dose, after just one day on it. Don't know if that will continue (that was yesterday. No problem today...yet). I am supposed to go to a hearing aide specialist tomorrow (I have hearing aides now in both ears) and am nervous -- the appointment is 45 miles away, don't know if there are handicap accessible bathrooms there, and the weather is to be hot and humid -- 90's.... I may cancel.
        ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

        Comment


          #34
          Sudden severe diarrhea doesn't sound good.

          A tendency to diarrhea was one reason I stopped taking Copaxone.

          Maybe it's one of those side effects that go away with time--all you have to do is wait it out?

          I often cancel things I've scheduled these days. I apologize all over the place and hope the people will understand. They almost always do.

          Do the hearing aids help? Some people want no part of them. I've found mine to be useful though not as good at correcting hearing as glasses can be at correcting vision.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #35
            Hi Friends, I'm here, just not fully there..LOL!
            Thinking of you and praying for you, every day.
            Be quick, be nimble, be well..
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              #36
              Hello to all of you!

              I have not posted in this thread for over two months. A major change took place in my life on April 26th and I am, and will be for quite awhile I am sure, trying to adjust.

              For those of you who do not know I had been seeing someone for 18 1/2 years. We were part of each other's families and friends, and his clients, etc. It was not a "sometime" thing. We saw each other every Friday and Saturday night, Holidays, Birthdays, special functions and all the rest. Well,
              he walked in on Friday night April 26th, he kissed me like always, held my hand out to the car, took me to dinner - nothing unusual - nothing out of the normal talk. We came home and I started to hand him the remote to the TV and he said "No, don't turn it on". I walked over to the couch and sat down beside him and said "What is it"? He told me in less than 5 minutes that his 2nd wife who is 21 years younger than him had e-mailed him and her now husband had left her for a younger woman and they had divorced. He said they had been talking all week and were going back together. I have neither seen nor heard from him since. There had been no arguing or bickering and it had been a romantic involvement right up through the week-end before that. It has been the closest thing I have had happen to me that was like my husband's death.

              I am trying to be strong and take it one day at a time. I am seeing a Psychologist who I have known since being diagnosed with MS. The reason I originally went to see her was because of my relationship with this man who I did not want to feel that I was holding him back or burdening him.
              However, when I told him that I would understand if he now wanted out he told me and had continued, all these years to tell me, that he did not want out of this relationship. That he had no interest in anyone else.

              He walked out my front door turned around and looked at me and said "Good Night". It took him less than 5 minutes to end a relationship that had been on going for going on 19 years.

              My family says it is like watching a movie where you think you know someone for many years and then find out you never knew them at all. When I first met this man he called me and we talked (off and on) on the phone for a year and a half. I didn't care to go out with him (though I liked him) because he had been married and divorced twice and the second lady had been 21 years younger. I am only 3 years younger. I am the longest relationship he has ever been in including the Mother of his children. This is someone who has two grandchildren - one I held on the day he was born and the other the day after he was born. They are now 13 and 11. I was considered a part of the family and he was mine.

              Soooo, friends that is what I have been up to.

              I have, from time to time, come on and tried to keep up with everyone, so I pretty much know what is going on as far as the people on here are concerned.

              Peg, if you read this and are in contact with Laurel you can tell her because she met him at one of our gatherings.

              Tomorrow is my birthday. My two brothers are taking me out.

              Sorry to hear that Cherie, Gary, Gabriella, Jeanie and a couple of others are having a hard time right now. I have tried to be as easy with myself as I can be right now because I know that something like this can set the MS into action.

              Just thought I would tell everyone because it is hard to post and act as though life is the way it has always been.

              I am trying to come out of this and hope I will posting more from now on.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                :) Hi everyone. Hi Virginia I empathasize with your feelings. When my ex and I split up after 32 years I was in shock and it took me several years to start to feel normal again. It was VERY hard.

                My David just died 2/1/13 and I have had alot of tears and miss him but I know he is not coming back. I think I subconsciously thought my husband would come back for a long time and I think that was harder than a death, at least it was for me.


                Thanks for posting and keep coming back and letting us know how you are doing.

                ((((Hugs)))) and prayers for a of you. Jeanie :)

                Comment


                  #38
                  You've been missed, Virginia. I'm so sorry that you've been kicked in the teeth.

                  This friend must have good qualities or you wouldn't have stayed with him for so long. Maybe he had a cold-hearted side you never knew about. The much-younger 2nd wife may be offering inducements he can't refuse.

                  Whatever his motivation is, he's behaved very shabbily toward you. One last dinner together, and then he breaks the news???

                  Those two grandkids are going to be asking questions about why you're not in their lives any more. I wonder how well your friend has thought this through....

                  If he's capable of treating people this badly, though, wouldn't you be better off without him?

                  I have a feeling you're eventually going to be glad he's gone.

                  This is a time to be good to yourself and do some things you really want to do.

                  I'm reminded of something Mark Twain said:

                  If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.
                  Hope this wound will heal soon for you. You didn't deserve this.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Oh...Virginia! this must feel like your personhood has been ripped away! Horrible. Holding you.

                    Cat...you mentioned flushing on the starter dose. I am now 9 doses in and this morning, about an hour after the dose, I felt itchy all over and looked in the mirror and was covered head to toe in a rash that was not raised. It lasted for almost 2 hours. Kind of like the flush one gets after taking a Niacin tablet. Felt like a prickly heat rash. It was not the "flushing" I expected to feel a bit like a hot flash. No GI symptoms yet but I am still 5 pills away from full dose. I had "planned" on beating the odds for adverse effects with this med.

                    92 AND MUGGY HERE. Grateful that the office had air conditioning. Kind of busy with three new files to open today but the market is slowing considerably with interest rates going up. On the flip side, the pro bono work as an MS Advocate is picking up strongly. Seems like there have been a lot of newly diagnosed in the past couple of months. Plus I am getting referrals from the AD and RA arena. Gotta brush up on things advancing there. Tired.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      (((((Virginia)))))
                      Wow, what a turd. It's very strange also, maybe he's senile?
                      Whatever, he does not deserve you and that younger wife will
                      leave him again, the first chance she gets.

                      Sending up prayers for your healing. Be well.
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #41
                        ((((Virginia)))) Treat yourself gently and let time heal your broken heart. You're in my prayers.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Virginia,

                          I have been tryingto compose the right words............ I guess Nuthatch said EVERYTHING that I wanted to say.
                          We are here for you. Please take care of yourself. Someone that would or could, do something like that is not worthy of you.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            One can invest one's self emotionally with another for a decade or more and then something like this happens.

                            Forgive me but he is a fool or a cad or a well-masked and clueless teenage boy.

                            I feel for you and wish this man enlightenment and the capacity for compassion.

                            Comment


                              #44
                              :) HAPPY BIRTHDAY VIRGINIA! I hope you have a very special birthday. If I were there I'd help you celebrate. Have a fun day. Jeanie :)
                              Last edited by Jeanie Z; 07-17-2013, 09:14 AM. Reason: typo

                              Comment


                                #45
                                HAVE A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VIRGINIA!

                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X