Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Febuary Chit Cht II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Oh, stop it drama queen! Nobody left. We are all still here.

    Three inches of the white stuff started around 4am. Supposed to get around 6 " here on the coast before it becomes a snow/sleet mix around noon. Dave just went out to shovel. both of had early in the day appointments cancel in light of the forecast for a "messy commute" (even though we are only a mile and a half from the office).

    New regimen of sleep meds is working well and I am slowly getting off meds I've been on for years. I am so grateful at least one company is again marketing L-Tryptophan (amino acid that turkey is loaded with...hence you feel like a nap after a turkey dinner). There was a time back in the late 80s before it was removed from the market when that was all I needed to get to sleep and stay asleep. I am hoping to safely wean the doses of other meds down and return to that point. Ambien was awful for me. I literally lost 12 hours out of every 24 and was not sleeping well at all. Back on Halcion (which became unavailable except in special circumstances) and am now at half the dose I was on and the ativan I use to stay asleep, I am also at half my long term dosing. And I am sleeping solidly from 11 or 11:30 every night till 7 or 8 in the morning with one trip to the bathroom during the night. Answered prayer being worked through.

    Comment


      #32
      Gary sure works hard
      power tools make things easy
      like cutting off thumbs
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #33
        Speaking of which, how is the healing coming Gary?

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by Cherie View Post
          Oh, stop it drama queen! Nobody left. We are all still here.
          Okay <wiping away the tears>I thought I forgot to take a bath or something. I can barely put two words together to make a coherant sentence much less poetry.

          Cherie I am glad that your new sleep meds are helping without the amnesia.

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          Here is an amazing video. First no one was hurt. The truck hung his landing gear (the 2 metal things on the front of the trailer that you lower to disconnect the trailer from the truck) on the approach to the track crossing it is quite steep. This is about 10 miles from our house. It is a food processor that we have contracted to many times in the past I have made that same crossing in our truck 100's of times and if you know about it you keep to one side and at an angle. This is a bad crossing and trucks are really suppose to use another one but is is way down at the other end. It probably took the railroad hours to get back on time as this is one of UP main tracks. You can hear the horn and the breaks screaming.


          One emergency application of the emergency brakes can cost thousands of dollars as it can flatten one side of the wheels and spread the tracks out. Yes I am one of those people that like being stopped at a crossing to watch a train pass, a passenger train is a bonus! I was never able to get a job on the railroad but it is my dream job.

          Thumb is great it is all but healed over. It is noticeably shorter that the other one but considering the alternative its pretty good.

          Comment


            #35
            :) Hi everyone. There is no Thanks button on my pages now. Andy just brought me a red vase with a rhinestone heart with red roses, white carnations and babies breath for Valentine's Day. He also had a really sweet card. I am feeling very blessed.


            Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. Jeanie :)

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Gary View Post
              Sniff, sniff everybody left...........oh wait there's Sally Hi Sally <waving frantically>.
              Waving back to Gary, frantically. Never fear when Salpal's here.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #37
                MIKE!!!! Where are the Thanks buttons???
                Love, Sally


                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                Comment


                  #38
                  I have mine. Bet you didn't pay the forum tax. Get out that checkbook!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #39
                    I have mine too. How strange. I hope Mike can help.


                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      #40
                      As of a few hours ago, a moderator was working on it.

                      I have mine. Bet you didn't pay the forum tax. Get out that checkbook!
                      "Forum tax"? You must mean the protection money. I gave it in cash in a brown paper bag to that guy who comes around every now and then for it, the one with the hat pulled down over his eyes.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Sounds like Sam....er...I mean...sure is cold here........
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Well,
                          Mine are here so perhaps they are all back by now.

                          Gary,
                          Glad the thumb is healing. What an horrific accident! I suspect it was the driver we saw in the foreground with his head down walking away. Awful. Really hits home when it is a part of your everyday route.

                          Well, 6 inches of snow has turned to 4 inches of slush with an icy base here. Lots of water in the roadways. We kept losing Internet at the office but I got a fair amount of busy work done.

                          Comment


                            #43
                            You guys crack me up! Right now I don't think anyone would want their protection money bad enough to come to my house. We have what they are calling a major storm here. I thought it was going to start about 2 o'clock yesterday afternoon. I was having a new cook stove delivered about 12 and I planned to go out immediately after so I would not be in so long. I was going to have lunch and just get some fresh air. They delivered the stove a little early and as soon as they left I started to go out and already it had started coming down so fast I couldn't go. I turned on the TV and the weatherman was saying "what a difference 1/2 hour makes".

                            Anyway, right now all is fine. I am thankful to be warm and I already had enough food for awhile. However, more stuff came down this afternoon and some of it has been in the form of ice. It takes my front steps so long to thaw I will probably be in until next week sometime. We are all making the best of it and I know a lot of you are in the same boat.

                            Gary, loved the video. Reminded me of a friend who's father was an engineer on a passenger train and he said when he was growing up if his father came home and was just very quite and didn't have anything to say he and his mother would pretty much know that he had hit a car on the railroad tracks. I use to love to watch passenger trains when it was night and the lights were on inside them. I also use to count freight cars. Now I never see any trains.

                            I missed a couple of birthdays. I was busy reading for a few days, also doing some house cleaning and time just got away from me.

                            Better watch what you say Howie, you could go missing around here and then we would all be wondering what had happened to you!!

                            Well, I am going to see if I have any movies I can watch. I look on the guide and record movies to my DVR that sound good. Sometime I don't get around to seeing them for a week or two, but I love having this feature. One of the channels that I have found some good ones on is TCM. I usually check the next 3 or 4 days when I am getting low and line some up. I have seen some really good movies.

                            Talk to all of you later.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I still don't have my thanks button.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                #45
                                I wish I could post a "thanks" 100 time on this reply, but they won't give me but one at a time.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X