Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Febuary Chit Cht II

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    [whipping out a deck of cards and finding the right one] Here! I'm playing the MS card! It's against the law to chase someone who's mobility-challenged!
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #92
      Vicky was right- not spring here but it is beautiful today. We have full sun reflected off of a foot and a half of compacted white snow. It's 43 but 68 on the patio in the sun.;-)

      I may risk a walk today. I am hurting from lack of walking.

      Best to all today,
      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #93
        I really miss getting out to take a healthy walk.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #94
          :) Hi everyone. Agate the large space on the top of your posts is gone and the buttons are back where they belong on your posts. I think Mike must have worked some magic. Jeanie :)
          Last edited by Jeanie Z; 02-20-2014, 01:55 PM. Reason: typo

          Comment


            #95
            Saw the Neuro yesterday and he agrees that I am doing better than the past couple of visits but he did not like the injury to the upper arm so today I spent 2 hours with PT. I asked her what her opinion was of the damage and she said, "I think you definitely have a deltoid tear and probably a rotator cuff strain....in the best case scenario." That's why it hurts so! Can't say I got a lot of relief from the ultrasound and electrical stimulation and deep tissue work but 3x/week till March 4 and we will see if progress is being made or I need an MRI of the area. I have only 23% motion in that arm by myself and she can get about 75% supporting it and moving it with pain. But it is better than it was last week at this time.

            Comment


              #96
              I just noticed that we are on page 10 of the second chit-chat thread! Reminds me of the old days.

              Cherie glad that you are getting the shoulder taken care of now rather than later.

              I had my Dr appt and I have had a heel spur that has been bothering me for awhile. He gave me some exercises as now the they save shots of cortisone for the last as it can cause scar tissue that makes it feel like you have a stone in your shoe forever. And he did say that as I have MS (I do?) and diabetes no one would operate on it unless it was so bad that I can walk on it at all.

              Ann good to see you.

              Howie my cats have been going stir crazy as they don't want to play outside in the snow/rain.

              I feel the same way about walking as the weather has been less than ideal I miss getting my vit D fix everyday. Although the last couple of days felt like spring. The blackbirds have been singing and that always reminds me of spring. I am sure winter isn't quite finished with us yet. But there have been years that we we able to get in the fields as early as first of April. Although it is usually a mistake.... But as last year I did not have a garden I am itching to have one this year.

              I have given in to my families request that I don't try to grow enough to feed the whole valley. I have a big pile of RR ties and am thinking of putting in a raised bed for the garden. I do enjoy trying the different types of heirloom vegetables like the potatoes and the tomatoes they have some really interesting varieties that no one has ever seen.

              Think spring!

              Comment


                #97
                :) Hi everyone. I received this site in an email and thought it was worth sharing. Technology helping woman who has been in a wheelchair years walk. Jeanie :)

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                Last edited by Jeanie Z; 02-22-2014, 12:53 PM. Reason: Explain what site is

                Comment


                  #98
                  Amazing technology there--I wonder how far she can go. Being able to take steps at all must be like a miracle for her.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Maybe if I were younger, I'd feel differently, but I'd rather
                    travel in a chair now, than in that contraption.
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      I'd love to walk a few hours a day. Soooo healthy.
                      This is not the first exo skeleton device I've seen but perhaps the lightest.

                      NOT going to take it on ice. 8>)

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                        Maybe if I were younger, I'd feel differently, but I'd rather
                        travel in a chair now, than in that contraption.
                        I love gadgets of ANY type. But I'm with Sal on this..The legs are not the only things that have muscle weakness. Besides the cog stuff!

                        Comment


                          PT Friday hurt! And I did not think it had done anything to really help till I woke Saturday morning and had greater mobility and less pain! I can still do things that I could not two days ago with less discomfort although it talks to me when I try to push it.

                          David and I made a whirlwind trip to the condo Saturday and back today. We had a family there for School vacation week and rather than pay $85 to have it cleaned (less well than I would like it) we went and did it ourselves. Gas for the Prius round trip costs less than $50 for the 425 mile round trip. David painted the two bedrooms and two baths before running out of paint. Did the hallway, kitchen and living/dining areas when we were up in November. We had a pleated shade that had some of the strings broken that we had restrung with coated fishing line (it stuck going up and down) that we restrung last night with drapery cord and it works beautifully. I also took out all the white "hotel" towels for our renters and put in big thick plush bath, pool, hand towels and face cloths. We've owned the place for 9 years now and have stuck to the same old and our renters are now becoming friends and we want them comfortable.

                          So much water in the roads both yesterday and today with temps close to 50 and snow banks melting. The potholes are awful! And dangerous! I counted 7 cars on the way up stopped to change tires and 4 on the way home....and those are only the ones I noticed on the route we traveled. Sink holes have been in the news due to the heavy snowfall and rapid melt. Good Sugaring weather with freezing nights and warm days so the maple syrup crop should be decent this year.

                          Comment


                            :) Hi everyone. The other day I went out to my van and the ramp door was open a few inches. Apparently the alarm went off and scared them off. I always set the alarm since they stole my scooter last year. The ramp door does not lock but should not be opened manually unless you have put it in manual mode. I apparently slept through the alarm.

                            Today I signed up with ADT to get a house alarm and life button to wear. It was a lot cheaper than I thought. I added my utility building for $95. and the rest of the installation is free. I will pay about 38 dollars a month and have a three year contract.

                            With 3 gangs in our neighborhood I feel the house alarm system is a good investment. Also my sons have been after me to get a life button to wear too. They will install it Friday. It calls the Sheriff when it goes off. Then they call me. If no answer they come. I was glad to learn my credit score was 769 as when I contacted one of the three agencies they gave you all the information except my credit score.

                            My energy level is in the pits. I see so many little things I need to do but I don't get to them. I am going to have to get someone to come help me clean once a month. I hope all of you are having better weather. We have all the snowbirds here and every handicap space has a NJ, NY, PA, ONT, etc. plate. I park way out and put my van in two spaces at an angle so I can get my ramp out. The beaches are packed.

                            Andy just came by to put out my trash and recycle. He said they worked on Lake Worth Beach surveying today and there were at least a thousand people on the beach.

                            Take care everyone. You are all in my prayers. Jeanie :)

                            Comment


                              Oh, Jeanie! Sounds difficult but glad you got the service so inexpensively. I know what you mean by the snowbirds taking all the spots. We see that here in the summer with our tourists coming to the Northern Atlantic Seacoast. It takes four turns of the stop light in the center of town to get through the light and the stores are full and the parking spaces are all taken. Except we experience this from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

                              PT going well. Getting a lot more range of Motion out of the arm with less pain. They have requested a prescription for Ionopheresis (saturated localized electrically stimulated steroid) into the muscle that was torn from my neurologist. My next visit is Thursday so I will see if that is added. We only have a week more of PT before I will be gone for 10 days and not able to come for treatments so I want to maximize the care. Local Steroids OK but systemic NOT for me.

                              Business at the Real Estate office is finally starting to pick up. Flurries in the air again today and colder but folks are unwrapping themselves from their hibernation over the past 3-4 days of 40-50 degree temps and sun to come out and look at things and make offers so my office is getting busier. The last three work days have been 5-6 hours instead of 3. Also , it seems with the long winter, more people are being diagnosed so my other job is getting a lot of action with folks asking what to do or what to ask of their docs or where to go.

                              Comment


                                Excuse me, could someone please help me find the string on the back of my SpongeBob thong? Thought it was long overdue for a washing.....
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X