Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT March Madness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    UGH - parsnips and turnips. My mother put parsnip
    and turnips in everything. Haven't had either since
    leaving Home. I would never subject my Kids to them.

    The worst thing was, thinking I was biting into a potato,
    only to discover it was a parsnip.. gag...grrrrrrr!!
    Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-25-2014, 08:34 AM.
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      I haven't had either of those in my life, and after your opinion of them, they are no longer on my "to try" list. Now anything from the ocean, even octopus. Mmmmmmm...I'm getting hungry!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        Steamed asparagus with lemon juice sprinkled over it is really good stuff, I think. And if there are leftovers, they can be cut into bite-size pieces and put in a salad.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          I'm putting my left overs in tomorrows salad Agate.

          Creamed asparagus on toast was one of my favs as a kid.
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            Creamed as..p.....I think I'm gonna heave!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              There is NOTHING worse than the smell/taste/sight of cooked asparagus.



              Oh did I mention that I hate asparagus?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Gary View Post
                There is NOTHING worse than the smell/taste/sight of cooked asparagus.



                Oh did I mention that I hate asparagus?
                Don't worry, I won't make any for you. More for me!


                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                Comment


                  I don't know if I'd like creamed asparagus on toast but you have to admit that asparagus looks really handsome growing outside. We grew it when I was a kid.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    I knew my brother Gary would fall on the right side of the asparagus fence!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      Well, I just ran to the gas station, and also got some groceries. Anyone want to guess what I got at the store? No, don't say that, I already had some!!! Okay....I did! Beer.

                      I am so broke right now, but this month, I got some electronics. They get here Friday. I can't wait....but will have to!

                      Cheers!
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        Man, I hit a hot spot with asparagus.

                        Comment


                          Stop saying that word! It burns my ears, and makes me cry!
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            I'm still awake, listening to a Sade DVD. She blows away all the great singers from the past. So talented. Puts, IMHO, the OLD singers to shame! Sing away Sade!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              Sade, eh? You are a repressed romantic Howard.
                              Who are the old singers you are talking about?
                              I have eclectic tastes around music but I love a good voice and those not so good that are honest.
                              I have a semi pro rapper! in the family, semi pro sensitive singer-songer. Then there are the classically
                              trained singer gone white collar back in theater. I sound great rolling around in public. To me anyway.

                              No trip to Miami in May folks.
                              I am disappointed but my little bro likes the keys and has experience traveling with
                              an easily amused wheelchair user so fingers crossed in the next year.

                              Last word: LIMA BEANS

                              Comment


                                This place is active lately! We now only have a dusting of snow on the ground and , despite high winds today it was sunny and got up into the 40s. Nice change.

                                Got another letter from the folks at SSDI today. My benefit has been restored with the additional information I sent in and they have determined from the information that I sent that I have not yet met my 9 month trial back to work limit. I still have three months to 'gainful employment" to go before benefit will again be questioned.

                                I hit a wall today that I can't seem to bounce away from. Came home from work at 4PM and just can't seem to hold my head up.

                                Got a supplemental consulting job yesterday that should take up to a month to complete reviewing an educational program for accuracy and completeness that will be presented to Medical practices.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X