Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swallowing Test Tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    I'll be thinking of you!

    I hope all goes well. So many interconnected problems...
    Best wishes to you.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #32
      Advocate

      Thanks to Cherie, Agate, Jeanne, and Linda for your replys. The c-scan is scheduled for July 30th unless they have a cancellation before. I am calling 3 times a day to see if someone has cancelled as they do not have a cancellation list. As for someone coordinating all these visits and treatments I am doing the best I can as a patient advocate for myself. My PCP only checks blood pressure, vitals, lab work, and refers me out to specialists who do not even communicate with each other. However, my neurologist did ask for notes from the gastroenterologist and I delivered the request when I went for the visit. These two are both in the same hospital. My neuro is so busy the nurses working in the MS center have to e-mail him when there is a problem with a patient.

      Yes, I do believe the trip to the ER was a blessing as I am now on the journey to find the cause and hopefully a successful treatment. It may not be the MS or the MG. The IVIG has been postponed until this problem has been sorted out. I found out that I was supposed to be getting IVIG on a monthly basis since 2012 but that is another problem to be solved later. It was a personnel oversight in either the neurologist office or the infusion center.

      Folks, we just have to be our own medical advocates and not trust the system to work as it should as it is so overloaded at least in this large metro area. We can definately fall through the cracks!

      Blessings,
      Gabriella
      Last edited by Gabriella7; 07-17-2014, 11:00 AM.
      Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
      Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

      "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

      Comment


        #33
        Originally posted by Gabriella7 View Post
        Folks, we just have to be our own medical advocates and not trust the system to work as it should as it is so overloaded at least in this large metro area. We can definately fall through the cracks!

        Blessings,
        Gabriella
        Truer words were never spoken.

        Having to call 3 times a day in hopes of a cancellation must be tiresome, to put it mildly.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #34
          Gabriella, have read all of the above post and just want you to know that I am concerned. And yes it is absolutely true that we have to be our own advocates. I don't even know anyone who knows enough about my medical condition to step in and help me. I am sure there are a number of us in that position.

          I do hope they are able to come up with something to do for you on the 30th when you go for your appointment - something that will not entail more weakening of your body to recover from.

          I can hardly take in all that you and Cat Dancer have been going through. Thankfully, Cat still has her husband.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #35
            Update

            I was able to get an immediate appointment when I called in to tell the scheduler "I have an emergency situation as I am not able to swallow anything other than liquids." I had the C-scan last Friday of the chest and abdomen. I had to be pre-medicated with both benydryl and predisone which has caused me excruciating pain in my chest because of the increase of stomach acid. The gastroenterologist called me this morning to tell me the results.

            He has referred me to a thoracic surgeon who is reviewing my case and I am waiting to be called into his office for an appointment. The mass is located at the bottom of my esophagus and the top of my stomach.

            Trying to take one day at a time...... and asking for prayers.

            Blessings,
            Gabriella
            Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
            Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

            "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

            Comment


              #36
              I hope they're doing everything possible to make you more comfortable. I also hope they come up with some encouraging news because it's way past time for you to have some.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #37
                ((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

                Keeping you in my prayers ~

                Love & Light,

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #38
                  Also keeping you in my prayers. Please be better soon.
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #39
                    :) You have been in my prayers and I'll continue to pray for you. Keep us posted. Jeanie :)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Oh!

                      You are in our thoughts...you must be relieved to at least be headed in some direction now...?
                      Linda~~~~

                      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Call Back

                        At least the surgeon's staff was prompt in calling early this morning to schedule my appointment with him. It is this Friday afternoon at 4pm. I will know more about what he plans to do after I see him. Thanks for your continuing support with thoughts and prayers.

                        Blessings,
                        Gabriella
                        Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                        Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                        "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Gabriella, Thinking about you and your appointment w the thoracic surgeon today (4PM Eastern, I think).
                          Praying for the best possible outcome.
                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Gabriella, have had you on my mind and I am still praying for you daily. We all will be waiting to hear.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #44
                              My oldest son and his wife drove over to go with me to the surgeon yesterday. He was very very thorough in explaining all the possibilities which will come when a diagnosis is made. I will be going in for an endoscopic procedure with a biopsy and an ultrasound examination of the wall of the esophagus first, as soon as it can be scheduled because of the mass which is located in the lower 1/3 of the esophagus. This has to be done in order to know exactly what this mass is. They will be calling me on Monday with the time and day.

                              Taking one day at a time...............praying for a good outcome.

                              Blessings,
                              Gabriella
                              Last edited by Gabriella7; 08-02-2014, 11:33 AM.
                              Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                              Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                              "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                              Comment


                                #45
                                I hope it is very soon. We are all praying also.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X