Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swallowing Test Tomorrow

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    ((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

    Joining with you in prayers for a good outcome, and sending healing energy your way.

    Love & Light,

    Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #47
      Survived the procedure

      Well it was a fast turn around as my procedure was today. They called yesterday to tell me I was scheduled for the endoscopy, biopsy, and ultrasound this morning at 8:00. My middle son who lives here in town went with me and drove. I had IV sedation without any muscle relaxers (because of having MG) and it went fast. One minute I was told to turn on my side and the next minute I was awake again. I know I was probably out for an hour or so but I had no lingering aftereffects.

      The gastroenterologist is a specialist in ultrasound procedure of the esophagus and I had not met him before this morning. He too, said the mass is highly suspicious for cancer. The needle biopsy results will be back in about 5 days which hopefully will either confirm or deny the doctors suspicions. A PET scan has also been mentioned. Another appointment to meet with the Thoracic Surgeon has already been made for the 15th of August.

      One day at a time......sweet Jesus ........one day at a time......(that song keeps going thru my head).........and keep me in your prayers.

      Blessings,
      Gabriella
      Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
      Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

      "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

      Comment


        #48
        It's good to know you got through the procedure without too much discomfort, or at least it sounds as if you did.

        Sorry you're having to wait around for results that might be bad news. I don't know if this eases your mind any but those suspicious-mass situations can turn out to be something other than cancer.

        I had a dear friend who had lost one kidney to cancer. Many years later there was a "suspicious mass" in the other kidney, and everyone was just sure it was more kidney cancer, which would have been very ominous and probably would have meant at least dialysis if not worse.

        The mass turned out to be "junk"--I think it was called a teratoma, a mass of stuff the body makes sometimes.

        It was removed but at least the person still has most of one kidney left.

        I'll be hoping for your results to be something fixable.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #49
          :) Thanks for updating us. You remain in my prayers. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #50
            (((((Gabriella)))))), I hope it is benign and can be removed easily.
            You are still in my special daily prayers.
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              #51
              Gabriella, I am praying for you daily and hoping for the best report possible. Keep us posted.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #52
                ((((((Gabriella)))))) ~

                Praying steadfastly for you and sending you healing, positive energy ~

                Let Go and Let God ~

                The Daily Word has been an inspirational resource for me since my childhood, when I used to read my grandmother's copy of their little magazine. I highly recommend visiting their site daily. And their telephone prayer service has helped me tremendously through some very difficult passages in my life. They are so compassionate and comforting. They don't preach or ask you for money. They simply pray with you. And they will continue to pray for you for 30 days.

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                Love & Light,

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Gabriella,

                  I am sorry to hear this news. I have put you in my prayers.
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    #54
                    The biopsy has confirmed a rare type of esophageal cancer. So the battle has begun. I have an appointment on Friday with the Thoraic Surgeon again as well as a pending appointment with an oncologist when he gets back in the office next week.

                    I will need all my energy and time to do battle with this new enemy so I will not be posting any more to this thread. As victories are won I will keep you all updated. Just keep me in your prayers and thoughts for a successful outcome.

                    And please remember that symptoms need to be checked out even though they may be on the MS list as everything is NOT....... MS!

                    Love and Blessings,
                    Gabriella
                    Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                    Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                    Comment


                      #55
                      :) Gabriella you have been in my prayers but I will add some extra prayers for you. When I had cancer I used to visualize little Pacmen gobling up the cancer cells each night. I am thankful you caught it early. Jeanie :)

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Gabriella, the prayers will continue on for as long as you need them. As you are able just let us know what is going on.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Gabriella, I'm so sorry you've been given this diagnosis. I hope your type of cancer turns out to be beatable.

                          It may be true that believing you can get the better of this disease will help you to do just that.

                          Hoping for the best possible outcome for you!
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Keep your hope by your side....she will be your best friend for a while..

                            These battles are sometimes won. More often than not. It has been many years since my malignant melanoma was removed. I have almost forgotten how many. It is gone and never coming back. Like an unwelcome guest. Whew!
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              #59
                              (((((((Gabriella)))))))
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                #60
                                Update

                                Hi fellow BrainTalkers, I thought I should let you all know what is happening. I've had 4 Friday afternoon appointments with the surgeon and one with the oncologist. They forwarded all my test results to M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, TX. The tissue biopsy which was done during the ultrasound endoscopic procedure here was also rechecked by their pathologist. The pathologist also concluded I have Primary Melanoma of the esophagus so I will be going to Anderson for treatment as soon as they can get me in for an appointment with all the doctors in their Melanoma Clinic.

                                I was going to get a stent put into my esophagus to enlarge it in order to take in more than just liquid nutrition but I came down with bronchitis and I would have to have general anesthesia. The doctors here do not know what treatment I might have, as they have never had a case of melanoma which presents in the esophagus. It is only in the last 5 years that chemo drugs to treat it have been developed. Radiation doesn't affect it and Anderson has only had 2 cases in the past 19 years.

                                I watched the movie "The Shawshank Redemption" last night for more times than I can remember. It's a great movie and if you have not seen it I would highly recommend it. It is the best movie I have ever watched and I would watch it again.

                                One quote of Andy's (played by Tim Robbins) "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things".

                                Blessings,
                                Gabriella
                                Last edited by Gabriella7; 08-31-2014, 12:08 PM.
                                Progressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
                                Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine

                                "Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X