Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT Flower or veggie gardens , how they doing ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Colors

    I do not think the color influences the taste. Much of the time boiling the veggie removes the color while baking it keeps the color.

    In preparation for Saturday's farmers' market I have been hand digging potatoes. Many are like Yukon gold with a yellow flesh but I grow the Purple Peruvian potato which has flesh that is royal purple. I also grow a red skinned fingerling potato which has pink flesh and others with white flesh. All are so yummy I almost eat them after just steaming them. This week I started digging German Butterball potatoes which taste just the way the name indicates. I also have Kerr's Pink which has a pinkish skin and is an Irish favorite which makes superb mashed potatoes.
    I love them all.

    We are also picking peppers of all sizes and colors and tastes. So pretty.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #17
      I've never seen purple potatoes or eaten them. Sounds yummy.

      Last edited by SalpalSally; 08-14-2014, 03:43 PM.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #18
        Let's have a purple salad..

        Last edited by SalpalSally; 08-14-2014, 03:50 PM.
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #19
          They even have purple sweet potatoes! MMMMMM!

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            #20
            And all this purple food, let's have some purple wine. Cheers!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #21
              If Howie insists!

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                #22
                Now I'm hungry, AND thirsty!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #23
                  My purple broc looked more like a regular head of broc with a few
                  little leaves poking out here and there.
                  Took pix.

                  Howie- I've discovered pinot noir. No more Manny Chavez @ mi casa.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Renee, I'll bring the food, and you bring the wine, and I'll see you around eight.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by Howie View Post
                      Renee, I'll bring the food, and you bring the wine, and I'll see you around eight.
                      I'll play chaperone,, and bring cake
                      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                      Peg

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by Pegakafarmgirl View Post
                        I'll play chaperone,, and bring cake
                        Who are you going to protect, Howie or Renee?


                        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                        Comment


                          #27
                          "Why me of course" he says as he holds his hands to his chest, and begins rapidly blinking his eyes......
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #28
                            I saw purple potatoes at the grocery store yesterday (Whole Foods). I heard on TV they are good for you. Hope they have some next time I cook potatoes.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                              I saw purple potatoes at the grocery store yesterday (Whole Foods). I heard on TV they are good for you. Hope they have some next time I cook potatoes.
                              They'd make pretty potato salad.

                              I ask, are we becoming purple people eaters??
                              Sing it with me now!!
                              Last edited by SalpalSally; 08-16-2014, 10:59 AM.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                #30
                                One eyed one horned, flying purple people eaters,
                                One eyed one horned, flying purple people eaters....
                                Only seniors would remember that song.
                                Someone TOLD me about it. Wish I had been around back then.
                                Last edited by Howie; 08-16-2014, 01:41 PM.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X