~~~~~~~~~~~merry christmas everyone!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT Part II December Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
My soCial security check comes on the third, but my husbands check near his birthdate, the18th if the month. When I signed up years ago, first getting ssdi, there was no choice -- it came on the third. When my husband signed up, on his 63rd birthday, he was asked when he wanted the check to come. He responded "right away!", so it started to come then. Several friends experience the same thing --check comes depending on how they responded.
Merry christmas to those who celebrate that. For others of you eith different beliefs, I hope your holidays are filled with good things.
For me, im just glad to still be alive....I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
Hello Cat,
I am glad you are here too!
We are going to a friend's home...just a mile up the street. I have gotten weary enough so that I am grateful to stay close to home. Ok. I mean that I have gotten old enough to be happy about that!
I am bringing the potato dish. Roasted fingerling potatoes with figs. (We grow both). I have never made it before so I am just hoping it works!
I hope this day brings you lots of smiles.Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
Plans to fly to Baltimore to see family this week were grounded=
Doctors strong directive. Instead I will have dinner with
some wonderful friends. Always bring wine!!!
My sister in the general DC area didn't miss a beat-
quote, "now we'll just have to plan a trip to somewhere warm…
like the bahamas."
Oh,sometimes her hedonistic self sits VERY well w/my personality.
Merry Christmas all who celebrate and to those who beliefs
don't include Christmas, have a day of joy.
Comment
-
Some people around here must have been expecting Santa Claus. They are up so early.
Renee, you are more on my time.
I had dinner last night with my family. We had a nice evening with lots of good food and some gifts.
Today, I am going to stay at home. Brought home some leftovers, so looking forward to those for dinner tonight.
Hmmmm.....the Bahamas!! Sounds like a good sister to have around.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!!Virginia
Comment
-
Ahhhhhhhh, I'm feeling all the holiday looove here! Happy health and holidays, everyone! Cat, special holiday wishes to you & Gabriella on this day of giving and of food - I want the two of you to eat A L-O-T!!!
I'm off to a holiday dinner party shortly and plan to drink a little too much: it is amazing how much better my MS feels with a few spirits under my belt, although I generally pay for it the next day, and I mean it makes my MS a LOT worse the day after! But for a few hours, it's nice to have a regular reason to be walking like a drunk!
Renee, the Bahamas sound heavenly!
Enjoy the season and celebration all!
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
Comment
-
Yeah,I ate a lot and drank too much. Sitting nw in my recliner, legs up, a cat in my lap, both
of us dozing. Neighborhood pub made ham, everyone brought side dishes. Ate and ate. I brought shortbread cookies, a bean salad , and a shrimp and cream cheese appetizer, put into wonton wraps. Turned out so good I was sorry id offered them; could have eaten the whole tray myself. :) and then there were the vodka/orange juice/ cranberry concoctions....just think of all the vitamin c in there!! :) anyway, just stretching out and petting the cat. Other three and tom cat are stretched out on the bed....snoring, all of us...Last edited by Cat Dancer; 12-25-2014, 01:12 PM....I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o
Comment
-
We did our big family thing on Christmas eve. Had 16 people to sit down dinner. Everyone had a good time and was gone by 6P.M. today I am beat and I didn't do much of the work. It was hard for my wife as this is the first Christmas w/o her mom. We had a white Christmas eve. And bright sun shiny Christmas day! It started raining about 9 last night and today there isn't any snow.
Hope everyone has a good day. Our house is quiet and even the cats and dogs have slept all day! Watching reruns of Cold Case and veging out in the recliner. Howie I have a couple of cold beers.
Comment
-
Oh that sounds soooooo good, Cat! You don't hapopen to have a recipe for those shrimp/creamcheese wonton wraps, do you? Even their description sounds delish, I'd have filled up my purse and taken the rest home!
Sounds like a great day and lots of indulgence! Now comes the relaxation part! Looks like the boys are getting into some trouble too!
Last edited by SuzE-Q; 12-25-2014, 01:32 PM.
Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."
Comment
-
Good to know everyone's doing the healthy thing, holiday or no holiday:
Loaded with potassium too, I think!and then there were the vodka/orange juice/ cranberry concoctions....just think of all the vitamin c in there!! :)
It's so nice you're enjoying food again, Cat. Things were getting worrisome there for a while when you were feeling so poorly.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment



Cheers!!!
Comment