Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIOTIN -- lets blog our experiences here on Biotin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    I know I know, I'm getting impatient in me old age. LOL!
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #92
      I'm finding that I'm more and more reluctant to rock the boat as I'm aging.

      It's as if anything that goes wrong at this point could be due to MS, or it could be just aging. There's usually no way of knowing.

      In a situation where everything is a lot shakier than it used to be, I'm not overly eager to try something new if it's a medicine (or an invasive procedure). But I'll gladly cheer anyone one who wants to go that route for a good reason, like cutting down on MS symptoms.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        I am finding that I am with you on that Agate.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #94
          That's it exactly Agate!
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #95
            An editorial in the Multiple Sclerosis Journal (November 4, 2016) summarizes the study that has been referred to earlier here and discusses what still has to be done. There doesn't seem to be much concern about the increased number of lesions on some of the MRIs:

            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

            If this link doesn't work, I hope someone will let me know.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #96
              I don't understand why the increased MRI lesion findings are given apparent short shrift. They are the only measures that truly are objective. The other measures can be unconsciously manipulated by patient, doctor and researcher.

              I will ask my doc about it in my early Dec office visit. He is a big supporter of using Biotin, so let's see his explanation.

              Comment


                #97
                Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                I don't understand why the increased MRI lesion findings are given apparent short shrift. They are the only measures that truly are objective. The other measures can be unconsciously manipulated by patient, doctor and researcher.

                I will ask my doc about it in my early Dec office visit. He is a big supporter of using Biotin, so let's see his explanation.
                I can think of a couple of possible explanations but they're probably wide of the mark:

                1 - the study wasn't concerning itself with lesions, and/or
                2 - the belief that lesions have absolutely no connection with the degree of disability

                It will be interesting to know what your doctor has to say.
                Last edited by agate; 11-05-2016, 11:59 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #98
                  I have a UTI now. Wonder if Biotin could have helped?
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #99
                    Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                    I have a UTI now. Wonder if Biotin could have helped?
                    Yowzer. UTIs are not fun. I am glad they caught it on time though. And in older people, there can be no symptoms except ditzy thinking.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                      Yowzer. UTIs are not fun. I am glad they caught it on time though. And in older people, there can be no symptoms except ditzy thinking.
                      I'm on anti biotics now. Feel a bit better.
                      Last edited by SalpalSally; 11-09-2016, 05:30 AM.
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        I hope they give you those antibiotics in exactly the way they're supposed to be doing--at the right times and in the right dosages and without stopping them too soon.

                        Getting them right seems to be pretty important.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          I take them morn noon and night. - 3 times a day for 10 days.
                          Love, Sally


                          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                          Comment


                            I am going to start Biotin this coming Thursday. I get an infusion and blood work Wednesday and don't want to confuse the two.

                            Comment


                              At what dose are you starting BBS? I am still considering, but don't know enough to dose myself. I meant to ask my Neuro when I saw him the end of August but was so thrown by his announcement that he was retiring that I forgot. I will be seeing a PA in late February, so I will ask then.
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                I will work up to 100mg pure powder, no fillers, 3 times daily. But will start out at a third of dose to be sure no side effects.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X