Originally posted by Howie
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Exercise and Stretch Thread: December 2016
Collapse
X
-
Sally, a number of the exercises I do are done lying down in bed. One is done lying on one side, then the other--lifting one leg up repeatedly while in a "sitting"position but lying on my side.
Another is the pelvic tilt, which is breathing out while lifting the abdominal area off the bed. I do 10 of those in the AM and 10 at night.
There are these exercises too--in an MS Society booklet. Many of them are meant to be done while lying in bed.
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Glad you are home Ann. Guess it was a little easier coming back, just having Peter and knowing he would take care of you should anything go wrong.
Exercise for me today was going to drug store, a small hole in the wall restaurant to get some of their chicken salad, and then to drive-thru bank and on to big grocery store.Virginia
Comment
-
Any moving at all is impressive! This disease makes it so much more comfortable to stop moving.
Today I went surfing. The ocean is chilled down to 73 but I have a great wetsuit. It's cold though when it smacks your ear on a paddle out! And the sand is chilly walking to the water.
I took one wave standing up, and then a whitewater lying down and then got out. There was a lot of sideshore currents, shifting rip currents, chunky messy waves (you know its bad conditions when the only ones on the ocean are your buddies),
With the MS spasm problems, I get worried about getting caught in rips. It's not a problem usually, you just paddle parallel to the shore to get out of the rip. But with a sudden spasm, I fear I could get knocked off the board into a rip and have problems paddling parallel and then catching a ride in. When they shift around so much, a rip can suddenly appear where there was none before
Fear starts to mess around with your mind. Fear is an emotion all surfers grapple with in one situation or another. It's part of the surfing experience. Tomorrow looks like it will clean up enough that there won't be weird currents. I look forward to catching a few rides at sunrise.
Comment
-
Linda, I should have gotten the video to go with my stretch out strap. I have the booklet, but I was always a strong walker and never good at doing exercises, so I am having a little trouble. However, I have not really done enough yet to find the right way to do it. I am just trying to do the legs from the front angle right now before moving on to anything else. Did about 8 to 10 minutes earlier today and I am now going to go try to do that again.Virginia
Comment
-
BBS, I'm sure you've seen those crazy Hawaiian surfers that hit those 20 foot (just guessing) waves. That scares me just watching. That really is dangerous, but they keep doing it.
You know the waves very well, and what CAN happen. Just go by what you know, and be safe!"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment

Comment