Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Related

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weather Related

    So hows the weather doing in your nic of the woods ?

    Iowa,, we have been promised some big storms, but mother nature is real picky about which part of Iowa gets what, northeast got 9 inches last weekend, we got a dusting,, {central}

    This weekend we have the big Christmas party for hubbys side, and 6 to 10 inches snow predicted, with gusty winds, so this may get canceled,,

    temps right now are 4 below,, windchill 12 below..brrrrrrr.
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Brrrrrrr . . . I hate the cold! Good thing I live in California! High today was 61, low tonight is to be 49 with rain.
    But we all have our downsides. We were awakened just before 4 a.m. this morning by an earthquake. Apparently we live almost on a fault line. It was only a 3.9 but felt much stronger because we were so close. Scared the cats!
    Life goes on.

    Comment


      #3
      Peg, ugh - what temperatures. Here in central North Carolina we have had pretty weather, but tonight it is going to get into 20s and only in 30s to low 40s tomorrow. Then tomorrow night even lower and Friday even colder. However, by Sunday it is to be warm again - go figure!

      Nuthatch, you say ONLY a 3.9. I guess it is all relative, but that would be a big one for me. Bet cats would be afraid. Howie's wouldn't just be in the bed with him, they would be getting under him if they could.
      I hope you do not get hit with anymore.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Truly, as I'm sitting on the bed, Sam is lying across my shoulders. Darn heat seekers! So how's my weather? As those farmers like Peg would say, "Too wet to plow, too dry to plant".

        I'm still waiting for a white Christmas. It gets cold, it warms up and rains, then the temps drop again. I swear I was a good boy this year, just ask Sam.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          :) Peg I sure don't envy you. I once was in a 5.8 earthquake in CA and it scared me to death. I am glad I am in Florida. Mostly we get hurricanes but I have made it through all the ones since 1964 here. Frances, Jeanie, Wilma, David, Matthew, and more.

          We had heavy rains and the street flooded a couple of times but never came up to the house. My kids were paddling our canoe in the swale and street. Today was pleasant in the 70's and it is going back into the 80's Friday. Andy still has to mow the grass. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #6
            It's snowing here and of course since it "never" snows here, nothing is being done about it except to shut things down.

            I was in a 6.8 earthquake back in 2001. It was pretty bad. It put a big crack in one of my favorite cast-iron cooking pots. People on the top floor (7th floor) of that building had broken mirrors, and the whole town (Tacoma WA) had some cracks in older buildings and sidewalks.

            Funny thing was my cat didn't bat an eyelid through the shaking. I was under my desk though.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Now ,its time to enjoying foggy weather,anyone want to enjoy with me ??


              __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________
              Last edited by Moderator #7; 12-15-2016, 11:16 AM. Reason: No links allowed before 11th post and to sites offering "pay for" services.

              Comment


                #8
                Yikes!
                Hit low eighties this week and will dive down to a bone chilling mid to upper 70s.

                Comment


                  #9
                  BBS, you got good weather right now, but what about summer?
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Virginia, can you say "hurricane season"? I'll bet BBS can!
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Kids had a 2hr delay this morning......-10....!
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #12
                        Last week near 20. This week near 0. Chill factor in the minus teens. Lots of snow expected in next couple days. I think I read 10 to 16 inches.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Yes, -6 this morning. Yesterday was worse...the temperatures were above zero...but WAY windy, so the "wind chill" was minus 25. We went out for groceries...the wind whipping across the parking lot really slowed me down, wheeling across the lot. BRRRRR. Right now it's around 15, bright and sunny....but snow is predicted to come in tonight. I'm a bit north of Parsi...yet here they're predicting 8 - 12 inches of snow starting tonight, through tomorrow and Saturday. At least that was at the last forecast.
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cat, sounds like you got to the grocery store just in time. What about TC's cataract surgery?
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Wow...lots of tough weather stories.
                              It is super cold here in western MA...and there is a friggin' wind chill with wind gusts up to 30 miles an hour. Tomorrow will be worse with stronger winds fanning the Artic blast controlling our weather for 2 days. Saturday will bring plowable snow. SUnday will be in the upper 40's. The weather is such a tease!
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X