Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Related

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thanks for asking. As far as I can tell, the surgery went fine. But he is a man....he is cranky. He had very high expectations -- he assumed that he would be able to see clearly, instantly, immediately after surgery. He can't. He also has astigmatism, which isn't correctable by surgery, and glaucoma, also not correctable. And --as any of you know who have had this surgery -- he has to wait for a couple of weeks for the lens to "settle", before it becomes apparent just what his vision will end up being. And then go in for glasses.

    In the meantime, he is driving me crazy. "i should never have had it done!! I am seeing worse than before!! Everything is blurry!! I'm nauseous, one eye isn't focusing with the other! I have a headache! My stomach hurts! Oh, I'm so tired trying to see anything".. and on and on. and on . and on. and on. So I explain, and am ignored. And then he complains. I explain. Am ignored. Complains. and on and on and on..... This, too, shall pass....
    t
    ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
      Thanks for asking. As far as I can tell, the surgery went fine. But he is a man....he is cranky. He had very high expectations -- he assumed that he would be able to see clearly, instantly, immediately after surgery. He can't. He also has astigmatism, which isn't correctable by surgery, and glaucoma, also not correctable. And --as any of you know who have had this surgery -- he has to wait for a couple of weeks for the lens to "settle", before it becomes apparent just what his vision will end up being. And then go in for glasses.

      In the meantime, he is driving me crazy. "i should never have had it done!! I am seeing worse than before!! Everything is blurry!! I'm nauseous, one eye isn't focusing with the other! I have a headache! My stomach hurts! Oh, I'm so tired trying to see anything".. and on and on. and on . and on. and on. So I explain, and am ignored. And then he complains. I explain. Am ignored. Complains. and on and on and on..... This, too, shall pass....
      t
      My husband will get it next week. Doc told him his vision will be normal,and can work the next day. Maybe call doc to be sure this is normal?

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
        In the meantime, he is driving me crazy. "i should never have had it done!! I am seeing worse than before!! Everything is blurry!! I'm nauseous, one eye isn't focusing with the other! I have a headache! My stomach hurts! Oh, I'm so tired trying to see anything".. and on and on. and on . and on. and on. So I explain, and am ignored. And then he complains. I explain. Am ignored. Complains. and on and on and on.....
        In other words, being a typical man.


        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

        Comment


          #19
          lets see, Cat tell TC to spend a week in your MS,, patience is a virtue,, ,or so they say,, hang in there
          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

          Peg

          Comment


            #20
            Yes Cat tell TC you will change your MS for his eye problem. I agree that he is just being a man. Since he has astigmatism and glaucoma he probably will never see like he thinks he should. But yes this too shall pass. He will calm down. As Peg said he is just teaching you patience as though you need more of that after the past few years!!!
            Virginia

            Comment


              #21
              Yeah, MEN! A bunch of cry babies!!!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #22
                No men-bashing! Men are well known examples of fortitude under pressure and of courage in facing life's battles.

                *ohno

                Look at Howie, for instance. How many men could live peaceably with two cats from another planet?

                Cat, I should think that Tomcat would be helped by realizing that you yourself went through cataract surgery not so long ago, even with MS. And here you are, having lived to tell the tale.
                Last edited by agate; 12-15-2016, 05:33 PM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #23
                  It's on it's way down to 5 (- whatever these winds stir up to). We just had a beautiful surprise snow. Everything is lightly covered. It looks nice and clean.

                  So nice to have a surprise that wasn't forecasted.

                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Gonna be in teens tonight and about 37 tomorrow, but could be icy rain tomorrow night and into Saturday morning. Depending on which news stations you are watching Sunday should be in upper 60s to 70s, only to get cold again Monday. What is going on?
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      (In his best Bing Crosby singing voice)
                      I'm dreaming of a white Christmas,
                      just like the one's I used to know.....
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                        My husband will get it next week. Doc told him his vision will be normal,and can work the next day. Maybe call doc to be sure this is normal?
                        Yes, he will be able to work the next day. He may experience some blurry vision. How much will depend on whether he has other issues--glaucoma, astigmatism? There is a period of time after the surgery for the implant to settle into place. While that is happening there may be some visit irregularities --I had a bit of trouble reading, as lines looked wavy. But that passed.

                        My husband is fine when he's doing something he was to do. He gets all histrionic when I ask him to do something for me...

                        Comment


                          #27
                          It's snowing. It started during the night. It is supposed to switch to rain this afternoon and the temp, now 32, is gradually going up to 54 tomorrow! Our plan is to sit in the living room grazing and lazing w the cats and watch the snow. We will let the rain do our work.

                          Husband put on an all Christmas radio station that also has too many commercials. We may change to Chistmas Classical soon.

                          That's it from the big city.
                          ANN
                          Last edited by stillstANNding; 12-17-2016, 08:58 AM.
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Grazing and lazing with the cats is my everyday life, and it's a good way to be. But I don't have snow.....where's my snow? ANN GOT IT ALL!!!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #29
                              You're more than welcome to my snow.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I'll send Sam over with her shovel and a back pack. But don't let her talk you out of your cheese. She already ate enough for today.
                                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                                Albert Einstein

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X