Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather Related

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Not to worry. I'm hanging onto every bit of cheese right now. I'm blocking the refrigerator door, and cozying up to me won't work either.

    Yesterday I resisted a nice little gray tabby cat who was out in the cold, tiptoeing along on the snow and ice and looking miserable.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #32
      Cheese, yummmmmm sounds good!

      I must be getting better!
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #33
        I hate to see that. If people would be responsible owners. You HAVE to have them spayed or neutered. The cat will be so much happier. That drive is very powerful in any animal.

        Sam was given to me as a little kitten while I was out working on Pinky. I took her immediately to the vet, and had her tested for any disease. She was given her first round of shots, then a few weeks later, had her spayed.

        I hate to think what became of the others in her litter. And that mama cat probably had more. Be a responsible owner, and end that cycle of cats running around breeding.

        Sorry for preaching, but that's something I feel very strongly about.

        .................................................. ..........

        See, there's another stray, running around, looking for cheese.
        HI SALLY!
        Last edited by Howie; 12-17-2016, 09:51 AM.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #34
          I beg your pardon????
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #35
            Sally, thats funny - you must have been posting about the same time as Howie. I've had that happen too!
            Virginia

            Comment


              #36
              I have no way of knowing if that stray cat was spayed or castrated. It might have been but it was still just wandering around without a place to go.

              Some of the cats around here have perfectly good homes--they're substantial in size, not thin and scrawny, and they have collars. They just enjoy wandering around the neighborhood and their humans don't mind.

              Their humans SHOULD mind because there are careless drivers who will run over them all too easily but that's another issue.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #37
                The first thing that happens with any furkids that cross my door is off to the vet with them: checked for diseases, worms. Then spayed/neutered, get all appropriate shots, then home, inside for good. I agree that there are too many irresponsible pet owners out there -- don't neuter or spay their dogs or cats, let them roam unattended. And as agate probably knows, here in the country people dump off their unwanted dogs or cats and assume somehow that someone will take them in. Sometimes someone does -- that's how we got our 2 boys...but often they're out in the cold, and die in winter, or are hit by cars, or killed by bears, fox, raccoons -- all of which live in our woods, and will attack pets. Makes me angry. There is a person at the pub we go to who has probably 15 cats....all able to reproduce, and all do. And then she's after everyone to adopt the kittens. I keep nagging her to get them spayed...but NOOOOO<, "I like the kittens!'" "They're better when they've had a litter or two..", other such nonsense. Unless you're raising pedigreed animals and have a market for them...SPAY them... NEUTER them!!...even if they're pedigreed. Mine are purebred alley cats...
                ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                Comment


                  #38
                  Agate, I think your weather is still bad. Have you had another grocery delivery?
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    Agate, I think your weather is still bad. Have you had another grocery delivery?
                    Not yet. The last grocery delivery was on the 9th, when my neighbor and I hastily put together a Safeway order for delivery. We've done another order and hope it will get here tomorrow. I keep watching the Website for changes, and so far no cancellation has been mentioned. Whee!

                    She and I are getting low on provisions. It just might not snow again between now and tomorrow.
                    Last edited by agate; 12-17-2016, 04:38 PM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Cat Dancer View Post
                      The first thing that happens with any furkids that cross my door is off to the vet with them: checked for diseases, worms. Then spayed/neutered, get all appropriate shots, then home, inside for good. I agree that there are too many irresponsible pet owners out there -- don't neuter or spay their dogs or cats, let them roam unattended. And as agate probably knows, here in the country people dump off their unwanted dogs or cats and assume somehow that someone will take them in. Sometimes someone does -- that's how we got our 2 boys...but often they're out in the cold, and die in winter, or are hit by cars, or killed by bears, fox, raccoons -- all of which live in our woods, and will attack pets. Makes me angry. There is a person at the pub we go to who has probably 15 cats....all able to reproduce, and all do. And then she's after everyone to adopt the kittens. I keep nagging her to get them spayed...but NOOOOO<, "I like the kittens!'" "They're better when they've had a litter or two..", other such nonsense. Unless you're raising pedigreed animals and have a market for them...SPAY them... NEUTER them!!...even if they're pedigreed. Mine are purebred alley cats...
                      I've heard this too: "I want my kitty to be free and out in the open air." That sounds like a lovely idea but not so safe for the kitty.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        winter weather,, sucks,,, 30 below this morning,{wind chill},,iced all over,, 2 inches snow is all,, Cat must have wanted our snow,,Christmas party was good,,,, now we have Christmas lasagna,, on x/mas day,
                        " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                        Peg

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Yeah, way cold here too, when we got up. No ice..just lots of snow and bitter cold. Right now, though ... 1 p..m. Central,... the sun is out, and the temperature is around 18. Supposed to actually get near freezing by tomorrow. That will seem WARM.. :)
                          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

                          Comment


                            #43
                            It's 69* right now, and raining. So I looked at the 10 day forecast, and Christmas Eve and Christmas will be in the 50's. Tell Santa to forget wearing the long johns this year.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Check! Your Santa is scheduled to arrive wearing a thong.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                [B]:) Andy came over and we went to lunch. It was 86 when we went out at 1 PM. I feel for all of you having the cold and snow and ice. Winter in South Florida is always nice. The Summer heat is ok if you have AC at home and in your car.

                                I have a cleaning service coming in the morning at 9 AM to dust, mop, change linens, clean bathroom and kitchen good, especially the places I cannot reach. Tomorrow afternoon the upholstery people will be here to clean my velvet sofa. I had it covered with velvet in 1991 and it has never been cleaned before, only vacuumed.

                                Does anyone have a Roomba vacuum? It seems like a great idea. Y'all keep warm and please don't send any cold this way. Jeanie :)
                                [/B

                                Daisy 22 welcome to our group.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X