Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Age

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46

    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

    Every time I read this thread, I see/hear Frank Sinatra in my mind singing, "Young at Heart."

    My chronological age is irrelevant to me, since I feel like I'm "a hundred and five."

    When I teased my uncle, who is only 7 years older than me (change of life baby for my grandma) that he was getting OLD at his 50th birthday party many years ago, he said, "It's great! Consider the alternative."

    I adopted his attitude and take every day as a blessing and give thanks that I've made it this far.

    Now, those of you who are able to post pictures that fill the entire screen, how do you do it? Mine always come out tiny and need to be clicked on to view. Please share your secret with this 105 year old lady.

    Love & Light,

    Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #47
      Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
      Chocolate and peanut butter! I had not thought of that....one of my favorite sandwiches is peanut butter and tomatoes.
      Reese's butter cups!

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post

        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

        Every time I read this thread, I see/hear Frank Sinatra in my mind singing, "Young at Heart."

        My chronological age is irrelevant to me, since I feel like I'm "a hundred and five."

        When I teased my uncle, who is only 7 years older than me (change of life baby for my grandma) that he was getting OLD at his 50th birthday party many years ago, he said, "It's great! Consider the alternative."

        I adopted his attitude and take every day as a blessing and give thanks that I've made it this far.

        Now, those of you who are able to post pictures that fill the entire screen, how do you do it? Mine always come out tiny and need to be clicked on to view. Please share your secret with this 105 year old lady.

        Love & Light,

        Rose
        I hope someone who knows more than I do will chime in to answer your question about posting larger images. All I know is that I use trial and error. I find an image, right click on it, and hope that the "Copy image" option will work because often I can bring it over here by just pressing CTRL + V (for "paste") and there it is. Sometimes I have to get it by copying the image URL, and often I have to click on the image icon at the top of the message window and paste the URL into that. Either way, the image usually shows up the same size as the one I was copying from.

        There are ways of enlarging an image too. That's a bit trickier. It's easier just to look around on the site where the image lives and see if there's a way of getting it in a different size.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #49
          In the quick reply box there is a link called Insert Image that has a picture of a tree. Make sure the pic is not too big and that will work. It's what I use.

          Last edited by Frog42; 02-13-2017, 03:12 AM.


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            #50
            Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
            How about some of this?

            This looked good, so I looked to see if I could find the recipe online. I found it and put it in my blog, where I save good sounding things so I can find them again when I want to make it.
            s
            Jendie
            I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

            Comment


              #51
              That really does look, and sound good. I volunteer to try it first to make sure it's safe. And I won't even charge anything for my valuable services.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #52
                There are some crazy peanut butter combos here. Some people are definitely living on the wild side and braver than me. I wonder what would make a person even consider combining some of these!

                Don't know if I'd be brave enough to try some of these, especially when I have to go throw uneaten food in refuse for recycling now. It's a motivation to eat everything in the fridge and not waste or even try new recipes when I have to go through the hassle of putting out the refuse bin on recycling day and storing it in an airtight place until I throw it out. I'm even finding it a hassle to drink tea or coffee daily, knowing I have to go through such a rigamarole to get rid of the used teabags or coffee grinds afterwards.
                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                Comment


                  #53
                  Suze-Q, when it comes to food I'll find a way if I really want to try something bad enough. I just like food. That chocolate peanut butter dip looks so good, I am going to look up a recipe and see what it takes to make it.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #54
                    I learned an important new word today....."sharing".
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                      Suze-Q, when it comes to food I'll find a way if I really want to try something bad enough. I just like food. That chocolate peanut butter dip looks so good, I am going to look up a recipe and see what it takes to make it.
                      I agree, Virginia, that dip would certainly not go to waste here for sure! Let me know how it is if you or Jendie try it out!
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        #56
                        Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        That really does look, and sound good. I volunteer to try it first to make sure it's safe. And I won't even charge anything for my valuable services.
                        You remember that I have 3 sons, with one being a teenager, plus a dog. You'd be lucky to get any.

                        In case anyone is worried that I would give my dog chocolate, I know better.
                        s
                        Jendie
                        I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                        Comment


                          #57
                          58 and Linda Lazarus, you are silly! You look great for 69. I would guess easily 10 years younger. Whatever works!
                          Be the person your dog thinks you are

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Hey susan! Great to see you here :)

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X