Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marinol

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Marinol

    BCBS approved me for Marinol. Next step is to ask pharmacy what the price is. ....hoping it helps, kind of worried about side effects. I heard it can make you high , or very anxious. which I wouldn't like at all.

    #2
    It can make you high according to Drugs.com:

    Very common (10% or more): Feeling high/easy laughing, elation, heightened awareness (up to 24%)
    Common (1% to 10%): Euphoria, paranoid reaction, abnormal thinking
    Frequency not reported: Anxiety/nervousness, confusion, depersonalization, hallucinations, depression, nightmares[Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...]
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      I sure could use some tonight, I'm bored!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        ((((((BBS)))))) ~

        Here's what our Drug Link says about Marinol:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        If Marinol causes you to get high, you might as well take a plant-based THC/CBD gel cap. I would suspect that the plant-based gel cap would cause less side effects than the synthetic THC in Marinol.

        Since it can potentially cause a high or euphoria, then why is it legal federally, when the plant is not? If both accomplish the same thing, then what's the difference? Big Pharma.

        The current administration and Attorney General are chomping at the bit to criminalize MJ for recreational use and overrule states, in which voters chose legalization. So much for "State's rights, and let the states decide," often touted by the people in the administration. Let the states decide not to accept Medicaid funding or implement the federal IHSS program for disabled and elderly folks to remain in their homes. Sure. That's fine. But don't let the voters decide whether they want to legalize MJ.

        I hope it works for you without any adverse side effects. I think you should still pursue a visit with the MMJ doctor, when she is certified. There are many options and dosages available, and she should be able to guide you to the right one.

        Love & Light,

        Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
          ((((((BBS)))))) ~

          Here's what our Drug Link says about Marinol:

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

          If Marinol causes you to get high, you might as well take a plant-based THC/CBD gel cap. I would suspect that the plant-based gel cap would cause less side effects than the synthetic THC in Marinol.

          Since it can potentially cause a high or euphoria, then why is it legal federally, when the plant is not? If both accomplish the same thing, then what's the difference? Big Pharma.

          The current administration and Attorney General are chomping at the bit to criminalize MJ for recreational use and overrule states, in which voters chose legalization. So much for "State's rights, and let the states decide," often touted by the people in the administration. Let the states decide not to accept Medicaid funding or implement the federal IHSS program for disabled and elderly folks to remain in their homes. Sure. That's fine. But don't let the voters decide whether they want to legalize MJ.

          I hope it works for you without any adverse side effects. I think you should still pursue a visit with the MMJ doctor, when she is certified. There are many options and dosages available, and she should be able to guide you to the right one.

          Love & Light,

          Rose
          No offense but I believe recreational use is considered separate from medical use by many whether or not that is true. Some just want to keep it out of the hands of teens and other drug addicted adults who have no medical use for it.
          Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
          My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post
            No offense but I believe recreational use is considered separate from medical use by many whether or not that is true. Some just want to keep it out of the hands of teens and other drug addicted adults who have no medical use for it.
            I think the political/ legal part of decisions can not be ignored. Alcohol is legal and much abused. I would much rather encounter someone who is stoned than someone who is drunk. It is certainly a benefit to all of us f people are in a sate of euphoria than anger. How many abusive husbands are stoned? How many are drunk? The population wants mj yet the powers that be only want to pour alcohol down our throats. Why is that?
            Last edited by Lazarus; 02-25-2017, 01:58 AM.
            Linda~~~~

            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
              I think the political/ legal part of decisions can not be ignored. Alcohol is legal and much abused. I would much rather encounter someone who is stoned than someone who is drunk. It is certainly a benefit to all of us f people are in a sate of euphoria than anger. How many abusive husbands are stoned? How many are drunk? The population wants mj yet the powers that be only want to pour alcohol down our throats. Why is that?
              Never said it made sense LOL. :)
              Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
              My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

              Comment


                #8
                My pharmacy said my copay is only $20 this morning. It was >$600 if Medicare had not authorized it. So, I will pick it up Monday and I will try it on a day of no work etc in order to monitor side effects,

                Pharmacist said my dose is los, and likely I won't feel stoned on it, so I hope she is right. I will post here after I try it. She rec trying it in the evening. Not sure why though.

                Yes I will still keep my appointment with the MD to learn more about medical MJ and CBD oil. Bet she also knows about Marinol, and if not, that would say something about her limited knowledge base.

                I too noticed that states rights only seem to count if they're consistent with the politicians agenda.

                And the hypocrisy of allowing alcohol, while treating MJ like a lethal narcotic is breathtaking.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                  She rec trying it in the evening. Not sure why though.
                  My thought is that it's because you'll be able to stay at home and relax while you assess how it's affecting you.


                  Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Pot brownies

                    :) Years ago I attended a party that had a long table filled with goodies to eat and plenty of drinks. I ate two brownies. Soon I began to feel anxious, scared and not sure if I was dying. I went into one of their bathrooms and sat on the floor for a long time.

                    Finally I felt normal enough to drive myself home. I did not know those were pot brownies. That is one way to not have to smoke pot but probably a half of a brownie would have been enough. Jeanie :)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Jeanie, that's not right to have pot brownies, and not tell your guests. Trying pot should be the decision of the person partaking in it.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Pretty scary Jeannie. That's what I hope Marinol does NOT do to me.

                        I am not sure want to do an evening dose. Maybe I will try it on a day I don't work so I can be awake and notice effects. Come to think of it, it might be a three times per day dose.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Howie View Post
                          Jeanie, that's not right to have pot brownies, and not tell your guests. Trying pot should be the decision of the person partaking in it.
                          I couldn't agree more. Jeanie, that story is enough to make me hesitate to accept offered food anywhere. Was it somebody's idea of a joke? Very bad idea.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            :) I arrived a little later than most and the host may have told them but I did not know. I felt so awful I was afraid I was dying. I was in the bathroom for a long time before I began to feel semi normal. When I told the host later on the phone that I had overdosed on brownies he said he wishes I would have told them and they would have made me coffee, etc. They decided to put a sign on them in the future. Jeanie :)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I can just imagine. It would scare the heck out of someone not expecting it who didn't know what was happening.


                              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X