Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Club: What are you reading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    You're welcome!

    Comment


      I read Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese. It was long and wonderful. It was set in Ethiopia and the U.S. it held my interest from beginning to end. It is about identical twins who are conjoined but immediately cut apart. Of course they are very close but as they grow up they think differently about some things.
      ​​​​​​
      If you enjoy reading I highly recommend this book.
      Virginia

      Comment


        I've been wanting to read that book for a while and am still waiting for it but looking forward to it. Thanks for the recommendation!

        I've been catching up on periodicals lately and so haven't had a chance to get on with books but recently requested a kids' book my daughter was reading years ago but I don't think I ever did more than glance at it--and now it's a movie. It's by Judy Blume and called "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret." If anyone here has read it, I'd love to know your opinion as it was a bit controversial and probably still is.
        Last edited by agate; 08-21-2023, 07:36 AM.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          I read all of Carson McCuller's books many, many years ago and quite a few years ago I bought her complete novels in one book. That's what I'm reading now.

          Comment


            I recently re-read "The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter" and it had stood the test of time--still a good book, IMO. I liked "The Member of the Wedding" too. I read "Reflections in a Golden Eye" but can't remember it.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Comment


                How true!



                .
                Last edited by agate; 08-22-2023, 08:03 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment



                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    Thank you, agate. That's funny! I was able to copy that to send to friends.

                    Comment


                      And I copied it from somebody's Facebook post.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        Nice cartoon
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          Comment


                            Cats are so funny.

                            Comment


                              Comment


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X