Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Book Club: What are you reading?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is the last page? My browser has the last page as 36, last post is Sept 22,2020
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

    Comment


      [QUOTE=ssusan;97955]What is the last page? My browser has the last 46 last post is Sept 22,2020.
      Last edited by ssusan; 10-08-2020, 12:10 PM. Reason: Error
      Be the person your dog thinks you are

      Comment


        That is correct for this thread as read on my iPhone, ssusan.

        Good to “see” you here.

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          I am sticking with mysteries for now. I just got the one Sunshine mentioned by Michael Connelly, Fair Warning. He usually is a good writer.

          Hi Ssusan!
          Virginia

          Comment


            I finished Backman's new book, Anxious People, -- It was GREAT!! Really a magnificent book. Now I'm deep into Jodi Picoult's new book, The Book of Two Ways and it's great
            too.

            Comment


              ssusan, sorry I didn't find your question sooner--and happy birthday!

              For me the last page of this thread is page 12, and the earliest post is from 2017. But different people have different settings and so the pages might display differently.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                I'm reading Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout. Saw the film version and thought I'd like to read the book.
                Last edited by agate; 10-14-2020, 12:14 PM. Reason: misspelled author's name and book title
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  Mom and I loved that book, Agate. Enjoy.
                  ANN
                  There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                  Comment


                    Agate, I enjoyed that book. There is another one after that and the name of it was More Olive.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      I did like the book--and look forward to reading Olive Again.

                      Does anyone know about this book, which I just found out about (published in 2018)?

                      Richard M. Cohen, Chasing Hope: A Patient's Deep Dive into Stem Cells, Faith, and the Future

                      Here is what Talking Book Topics has to say about it:

                      After more than 4 decades of living with MS, the author of Blindsided [which I've read] finds hope in a pioneering stem cell protocol and explores that cutting-edge world. Includes interviews with doctors, scientists, and religious leaders, as well as conversations with others with chronic conditions. Commercial audiobook.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        I have read all of his books except this one. I read Blindsided and Strong at the Broken Places.
                        Virginia

                        Comment


                          “The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek”. author’s last name is Richardson. I am reading this book now. Nice. I am interested in the characters and the story as well as the societal issues raised. Has a good plot and nice storytelling pace. I care about the characters. What else could I ask for?
                          Linda~~~~

                          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                          Comment


                            Yup. I have followed his blog for years. The stem cell transplant did not help.

                            Originally posted by agate View Post
                            I did like the book--and look forward to reading Olive Again.

                            Does anyone know about this book, which I just found out about (published in 2018)?

                            Richard M. Cohen, Chasing Hope: A Patient's Deep Dive into Stem Cells, Faith, and the Future

                            Here is what Talking Book Topics has to say about it:
                            Richard Cohen, husband of Meredith Viera, has struggled mightily .life is difficult for him. His blog is called “Journeyman”..
                            Last edited by Lazarus; 11-01-2020, 02:34 AM.
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              Intriguing title--"The Bookwoman of Troublesome Creek."

                              About the stem cell treatment, didn't our Peg (Pegakafarmgirl) talk about having that treatment a few years ago? She was having the treatment(s) as I recall but can't recall that she ever said anything more about it--whether she felt it helped or not.
                              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                              Comment


                                Agate, it was very expensive and did not help. She and Joe paid their own way from Iowa to Florida to get it done. When it didn't do any good they told her to come back for another treatment, but they decided it was not worth it.

                                Unless Richard Cohen has had more than one kind of stem cell he had a different kind from Peg. He is always so hopeful, but nothing seems to work for him.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X