Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

January 2018 Chit Chat Peg come bak

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    So glad you have cable Agate. The cost is really outrageous here, but like you I enjoy having it. Now that I have a Roku and can watch Amazon Prime Movies and Netflix I have even more. I stay at home so much and I am alone so I feel that this is my entertainment. I no longer go to the movies because the theatres are so big around here and they usually have steps inside them. When I get up to leave I can't tell where the next step is. I can't tell where I am in space. They usually have a row of little lights on the next steps, but I still can't put my foot where it belongs and feel that I am going to tumble down the steps.

    Jeanie, glad you were not without a microwave for very long.
    Virginia

    Comment


      Originally posted by Virginia View Post
      ... I no longer go to the movies because the theatres are so big around here and they usually have steps inside them. When I get up to leave I can't tell where the next step is. I can't tell where I am in space. They usually have a row of little lights on the next steps, but I still can't put my foot where it belongs and feel that I am going to tumble down the steps.

      ...
      That's a huge problem for me too. I haven't been in a movie theater since 1980 but have had this problem in many other situations. Bad depth perception, plus wearing bifocals--I have trouble seeing curbs and steps.

      I've seen some places where steps are painted with contrasting colors on the step risers. It makes them easier to see.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        Well...our roofers have to come back on Tuesday when the weather is once again good. They finished shingling the main house and an addition and did the poured overlay to the flat roof but despite another load of shingles being delivered, they ran out before the garage could be finished, the cupola and weather vane reinstalled and the basket ball hoop rehung.

        Comment


          I figured out who Sunshine is on here. I'm not telling.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            Ha ha! Figured it was obvious, what with her starting the Keep Moving thread

            Comment


              I just finished making out the checks for last months bills, and the electric bill....WOW!!! That's the largest in the 18 years I've been living here. Then I have my insurance bill, and another bill. I thought being a short month, I would be a few $$$ ahead. That dream is gone.

              I'll be living on pasta and coleslaw, which is fine, I love both. But I have the Compleat's dinners to break it up some, but not now.

              Well, I'm done complaining.

              Today is still cold, but the warm weather is coming soon. I can't wait for Spring. It's my favorite season of the year. Everything coming alive, I can sit outside, and smell the clean, but fragrant Spring air.

              Everyone have a great day!
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                I was about to ask where BBS was today, and am just figuring it out. Okay, I'm a little s-l-o-w.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  She's a little ray of sunshine.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    But what is Howie?

                    or ??


                    Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                    Comment


                      That sounds difficult Howie. Ms cripples the body and the finances.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Howie View Post
                        I just finished making out the checks for last months bills, and the electric bill....WOW!!! That's the largest in the 18 years I've been living here. Then I have my insurance bill, and another bill. I thought being a short month, I would be a few $$$ ahead. That dream is gone.

                        I'll be living on pasta and coleslaw, which is fine, I love both. But I have the Compleat's dinners to break it up some, but not now.

                        Well, I'm done complaining.

                        Today is still cold, but the warm weather is coming soon. I can't wait for Spring. It's my favorite season of the year. Everything coming alive, I can sit outside, and smell the clean, but fragrant Spring air.

                        Everyone have a great day!
                        The Social Security Website says that I'll be paid on Friday, February 2, and that's probably the way it will be for you as well. And any government shutdowns supposedly won't involve Social Security.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          Thanks Agate. The 3rd is a Saturday, so they always pay on the closest weekday to the 3rd. I guess beer will be out for February which isn't the end of the world. I just drink to fight boredom.

                          So last night, I drank coffee all night, and didn't try to sleep until about 5 am. It was hard to sleep, but after I turned the lights off after taking my sleep aide, I FINALLY fell asleep. It works to also fight boredom, but in a different way.

                          It will be a different kind of month for me next month.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            I didn’t know you fight boredom. When I feel better, I get bored. Mostly am too sick to be bored...

                            Comment


                              I think I'll take my beer or coffee over feeling sick, any day!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Howie View Post
                                I think I'll take my beer or coffee over feeling sick, any day!
                                Ill take Howie's beer or coffee over feeling sick too!


                                Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X