Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: January 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Good job Howie!

    Comment


      #17
      Today I swim 500 m which is 546 yards, in 15 minutes. Pool finally warmed up to 79. I wore my surfing wetsuit in it to stay warm. I seem to easily approach hypothermia recently.

      I could have swim longer but I had to Walk from the car to the pool to the locker room back to the car, and Wrestle out of a wet wet suit. It was fun though

      Comment


        #18
        Getting in and out of the wetsuit would be a challenge. I struggle just to put on my coat.

        My pedometer came today. Now I have to learn how to start using it. There are a lot of settings that have to be set before I can use it. It has an instruction booklet, but the typing is TINY. But I'll learn.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #19
          BBS, great for you.

          Howie, we will be anxious to hear how you do when you get your pedometer figured out.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #20
            Howie, this is so awesome!

            Laz posted a thread. Check out post #3 of her thread:
            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
            Last edited by Sunshine; 01-11-2018, 01:08 PM.

            Comment


              #21
              I swam 1/4 mile plus an extra 150yards today in 20 minutes

              Comment


                #22
                Go Bbs! Excellent work.
                ANN
                There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                Comment


                  #23
                  ThNk you :) cold snap coming soon too!

                  My surfmobile is packed up for surfing in da morning

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I thought of you while watching a news segment on TV yesterday, about the "slurpee" waves they had recently in Massachusetts. Some people were surfing in them--waves that are half-frozen, as I understand it. It sounds a bit challenging to me.

                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Yes! I know about slurpee waves. Here is a great short Vimeo showing it in action
                      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Beautiful! Nantucket. Thank you.
                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #27
                          I went surfing today with a buddy . It was so crowded due to conditions, but it is a well behaved Line up.

                          I was pleased again that the cold water didnt trigger a SPS spasm, nor did wrestling in and out of the suit.

                          Fear crept into my brain. When you paddle hard for a wave, I also stiffen up my torso and legs in the final few paddles to try to get into a wave. But, I would keep missing, and the wave rolled under me. I should’ve just paddled back out to the lineup. But I was scared that my body would spasm and decided to paddle to shore each time.

                          But the currents were all rippy so I couldnt get to the shore easily, using up more paddling than had I just gone out to the line up in the first place after missing the wave. Fear can kill you.

                          So, I got a few fun whitewater waves, but no lineup wave and the conditions were perfect. Lesson learned.

                          But it was nice to be in the great outdoors, with a good friend, fun surfer dudes, and getting refreshingly salted.

                          Am grateful I can still paddle. Lately, i feel the myelin giving out in my arms during paddle out and waiting for waves. Same thing with swimming.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            It was 65 degrees out with 22 mph winds, perfect for freezing if wet. The pool though Was 80.

                            So I coached myself into going, praised myself for each act of courage switches putting on the suit knowing how cold it was going to be and so forth.

                            I was able to swim for 20 minutes, 700 yards. Another 200 yards would have put me at the half mile mark which is where I wish I could be. We’ll see. Muscles are stiffening now but not spasming so far,

                            Comment


                              #29
                              So great BBS!!!
                              Virginia

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Today I swam 800 meters, about 16 yards short of half mile. 26 minutes. My goal.

                                Leg felt rubbery after. The wrestling off the wetsuit is the scariest part of it, waiting for spasms.


                                While there i spoke to the mgr about how to make the locker room better for handicapped swimmers who do not use a wheelchair. And the parking lot. He was receptive. It’s a govt run pool.
                                Last edited by Sunshine; 01-16-2018, 10:28 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X