Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Club: January 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    Howie, good for you taking charge and using your pedometer! That’s terrific and something to applaud! Please post numbers. It will inspire people who are sedentary to try to get started. No one starts at the top,

    Agate, great numbers again!

    Cherie, what a relief to figure out the problem, am sure you miss your pool time.

    Comment


      #47
      I'm going to get another pedometer. I wear this one in my sock, and today, once I had it hooked to my sock, it showed 70 steps. I hadn't taken one. I remember seeing one on Amazon with only two buttons instead of four. And the buttons were located in a better place. But it will be after payday before I can order it.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #48
        Still might be fun to use the first one for now. See if you can find a pattern to the miscount? Like maybe it only happens on the red side of the home, not the Blue side?

        I swam 700 Yards today in 22 minutes. Saved some legs to be able to go get a check up.

        Comment


          #49
          Howie, try putting it somewhere else, like maybe your thong.

          BBS, good morning for you.

          Agate, those are good numbers.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #50
            Howie, could the pedometer have been recording the previous day's steps? This happens to me if I don't get the reset button set right.

            Mine has only the one button, and I press reset at the end of every day. Sometimes I don't press it hard enough. I think it's reset when it hasn't. I need to look at it more carefully at the time to make sure it's at 0.

            Since my days aren't very different from one another, I've found that I know about how many steps I probably took on a given day, and I'll know when that pedometer is wrong. I just give up on getting a score for that day.

            It happens about 3 times a month. Maybe pedometers aren't perfect. Maybe a really costly pedometer does better but I haven't been so fond of the pedometer idea that I wanted to shell out money in a big way for one.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #51
              Here are some pedometer reviews:

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...


              Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

              Comment


                #52
                This one has 4 buttons, and it's small, and I could be hitting one button, and accidentally hitting two. I really want a one button to set it for counting steps, for one day. I'll check Amazon for a simple, one button one.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #53
                  Howie, I noticed one on Amazon that is only 99 cents plus $2.99 shipping, and it has 2 excellent reviews. Only the two reviews but they're good.
                  Last edited by agate; 01-22-2018, 01:04 PM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    WOW!!! Now that's one I need, simple, and cheap.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #55
                      Okay, I just ordered another one. A whole $1.50. It will be here Tuesday, but they were wrong last time, so I say at least by Friday. This one you wear like a watch so I wont have to clip it on anywhere.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I swam 1/2 mile today. 30 minutes.

                        Comment


                          #57
                          That's a long time in the water for you, BBS. Congrats! How are you feeling now?
                          ANN
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by BBS1951 View Post
                            Yesterday I went to the ocean with my support crew.usually I use the wheelchair to get down the boardwalk and dunes.

                            I walked with my surf board under arm the whole way:@ a 3 minute walk. Since it was just too darn cold to even get wet, as the ocean was 63 and the air was 56, I had extra muscle performance available and was able to walk unassisted the 3 minutes back. It felt like a victory. Usually the only exercise I can tolerate is in a pool or ocean. Walking more than a minute typically is not going to work.
                            “Extra muscle performance” is a good way of describing things. I think I will borrow it to describe the times when I walk without my walker to go the 100’ to the greenhouse. There are times when I move around on strong legs...more times than there used to be. Maybe years of ampyra and years of rituxan. Something is better even if it is essentially a flicker of a something.
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              #59
                              Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                              That's a long time in the water for you, BBS. Congrats! How are you feeling now?
                              ANN
                              Twitchy, so I took an extra 2mg Tizanidine. So far so good.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                I awoke at 4 a.m with a terrific leg and foot twisting spasm . They’re painful and scary cuz you don’t know how long it takes to quit. Will lay low today. No particular trigger. Had IVIG yesterday all day. But that’s about my 30th uneventful infusion....maybe it was IVIG?

                                I will skip exercise today, and maybe only a light swim tomorrow, or maybe not until Saturday.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X