Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep On Moving Club: June 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    I went to Dentist and changed air filters.

    Edited to add:

    I forgot to say I stopped at Lowe's Foods. They didn't have what I wanted. I bought 3 items and then went to Fresh Market. I walked to the back of the store and picked up something.
    Last edited by Virginia; 06-13-2018, 09:16 PM.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #92
      Lots of stuff keeps blowing onto my patio, and if I go out there, I track it in--little seed pods from some tree, I believe, as well as pine needles. The other day I hauled bucket after bucket of water and kept pouring it onto the patio surface and cleared a lot of that off. So I've been moving buckets of water.

      Now there's even more of the seedpods and pine needles and pine cones out there.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        Boy! Lots of great activity here! My favorites are the ones that apply to daily living like walking in a store, or taking care of the patio since yesterday u kill two birds with one stone!

        Today I shot for the moon and swam 800 Yards in 27 minutes, just short of my half mile goal. No spasms, but lots of leg chatter that is causing me to reorder the grocery chore. Next time will throttle back if an away from home chore is indicated.

        Comment


          #94
          Interesting how we all keep trying to see how much we can get away with. That's what people who don't have MS don't usually understand--that constant battle we have just to figure out whether we can take some steps or cook something or swim a certain distance or whatever it is we're thinking of doing.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #95
            And sometimes, we are forced to go beyond what we think we can do. But we do it because there is no choice. But we will usually pay the price the next day. I've done that so many times, the results of the next day don't surprise me.

            But it used to many years ago. The first thing you think is that an exacerbation is starting. You panic. But then you figure out, hey, I did push myself more than usual yesterday. That must be what I'm feeling, and not the start of an exacerbation.

            But with time, you learn what is the norm for your body with this disease.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #96
              I say that having MS and SPS, every day is like plotting out a war.

              Comment


                #97
                Sunshine, that really is a great feat, almost 30 minutes of swimming.

                Well, I vacuumed, then I took a long handle brush that I had ordered that said it was for tile and tubs. I sprayed some cleaner on the far wall of the big tub that I have and cleaned with the brush. I went all around it on the tile, then I did the tub. It was just dusty because when I use to get in it I would clean it then. I wish I didn't have that big thing that just sits there and gathers dust. But the builder had already put it in before I looked at this place. Otherwise, I would have rearranged that bathroom.

                That was my day. Except that I also cleaned a few little spots on the carpet.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #98
                  Good job Virginia :)

                  Am still recovering from that swim. Wasn’t worth it! Lesson learned, will cut back next time.
                  Surfing Saturday...

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Today I borrowed a broom that is stored in a supply room in this building and actually swept my patio. It's much easier than pouring buckets of water on it to clear off the pine cones, pine needles and whatever the little things are that fall off of some trees around here. It's a very small patio and so I can't really call it exertion. But I also stood around a lot today in order to put together 72 crocheted squares for an afghan I've been doing. I had to line them up in the right design and put them in 9 piles of 8 squares each so I can link them together.

                    It was quite a bit of walking around and reaching, for me. Sorting laundry is the same sort of task, and I find I get tired easily when standing and doing repeated movements like reaching, folding, sorting.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      Gold stars all around !

                      Comment


                        I throttled back to 1/4 mile today, 14 minutes. So far, so good. Wanted to be functional for doc appt today. Friend will drive me.

                        Comment


                          Yes, gold star for you Sunshine for realizing that you needed to cut back a little today.

                          Gold star for Agate for standing and walking and stretching while working on an afghan. Also, for getting smarter and using a broom on her patio. I had wondered about that.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            It's not that I don't have a broom. I didn't want to use my broom out there because everything taken out there collects bugs in a big way--earwigs, slugs, ants, silverfish, you name it, and bringing the broom back in would bring bugs in.

                            I finally remembered that I'd seen a broom in that supply room. So I went and got it, swept the patio, then took it right back there. Let the supply room people worry about any bugs I might have brought along. I did inspect the broom for bugs but that doesn't always work.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              I don't have any bugs here. Why? Because I have Sam, the bug eater!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                I know what you mean Agate. I don't like to use my broom on the deck or the porch either. I use to keep separate brooms, but saw the lady who helps me using the good broom on my porch. She did at least knock it off and try to get it clean, but still.!!!!

                                Well, I did 45 minutes of "little exercises" today. Just arm lifts with 2lb weights, leg lifts, etc. But by the time I try to do them slowly it takes what seems like ages. I am supposed to do this twice a day, but I am going to start with one time a day and see how it goes. These are some of the exercises that the Physical Therapist that I went to a long time ago gave me. I did them for quite awhile, but got knee problems. I did a modified version of that one and may cut it out all together.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X