Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep On Moving Club: June 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Forty-five minutes was a long session, Virginia. Chocolate for you.

    Yesterday we did, podiatrist (me & Mom), hair salon and out to dinner. It was a lot of in and out of the car.

    I had Chicken Marsala. Very tasty.

    Today we had a very long list of things for Mom. Peter and I went to the bank, Kohl’s and Walmart. I was MS-smart, too, I used the scooter at Walmart.

    Airports tomorrow.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      Good job Virginia on weights!

      ANN, I don’t know how you do that!!

      Comment


        Great Ann, I dread tomorrow for you though. Going back through the airports. You have had a busy week. Hope your Mom is doing well and likes her new phone.
        Virginia

        Comment


          Good luck on the airports ANN!

          Comment


            Step counts:

            6/9/18 - 1037 steps
            6/10/18 - 1321 steps
            6/11/18 - 1319 "
            6/12/18 - 2040 "
            6/13/18 - 917 "
            6/14/18 - 1321 "
            6/15/18 - 1725 "
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              Good, Agate!

              Wow, 2040 steps. What happened that day?

              ANN in transit
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                Wow Agate!!! That is amazing ! You’re an inspiration :)

                Comment


                  Today I went surfing with my Tribe!

                  It was a gentle and beautiful morning on the ocean. The wave forecast was poor, so not many showed up, which was a real plus! The water was glassy, about knee high, and a refreshing temperature to offset the 85F air.

                  My body tolerated longer in the ocean, maybe cuz the paddle outs were so easy. Since it was calm, I allowed myself to sit on the board to watch for waves once , instead of lying down waiting,and it didn’t trigger a spasm!

                  I caught a handful of waves on my feet, and one in particular was fun! I also ran into my favorite MS beach Person who walks the beach to combat atrophy. Now, that is an act of courage. Her first time she walked 4 steps. She has worked up to 30-45 minutes now before having to leave. Amazing courage.

                  So many helped make this morning possible, from the driver, gear hauler, wheelchair pushers, and the encouragement. Most People are basically good hearted people in many, if not all, circumstances.
                  Last edited by Sunshine; 06-16-2018, 11:44 AM.

                  Comment


                    Agate, you did great on your steps. You really are getting so good at this walking.

                    Sunshine, sounds like another content and fun morning for you. Glad you saw the lady walking. Sounds like she is doing good.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      Sunshine, about the woman with MS who walks the beach--is she walking the beach because she likes the beach as a nice place to walk, or is it that walking on the sand (barefoot?) helps to strengthen the leg muscles more than walking on the ground or pavement would, do you think?
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        It’s both. At home she walks on yoga mats and has a scooter. In public she uses her scooter. She is very courageous. She gets how each minute is a slog, how we both dread going, but go anyway and always glad we did. I met her at the beach last year. The beach and mats are easier for her than hard surfaces like floors.

                        Today I swam 20 minutes, 560 Yards. No discomfort. Might stick with 20 minutes for now . Recovery quicker. I never did recover from surfing yesterday, until a nights sleep.
                        Last edited by Sunshine; 06-17-2018, 07:21 AM.

                        Comment


                          Good thinking Sunshine. I hope you try that.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            Today I swam 613 Yards in 20 minutes, and still able to drive to a doc appointment 20 minutes away. Nice...

                            Comment


                              Sunshine,, you inspire us,,such wonderful people to make this happen,, I am a slacker,, no rhyme or reason for this,, I have to get my ducks in a roll again,,
                              " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                              Peg

                              Comment


                                Well Peg, you’ve been through the wringer with your fracture! Cut self some slack!

                                Thanks for the compliment.

                                We all inspire each other.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X