Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep On Moving Club: June 2018

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Here it is and I resent it. It’s a rare disabled person who is able to be that physically accomplished. It almost shames people who arent out there rocking and rolling.

    59152230-E146-4EDF-B9EA-3D60FB8E52C0.jpg

    Comment


      #32
      Sunshine, did we surf this morning?

      I can taste saltwater.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #33
        To me, that new symbol must mean...Handicapped, hurry up and get out of the way!
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #34
          We went surfing today. I walked down the boardwalk pushing the wheelchair. A mistake because that’s much harder than walking down pushing nothing. By time I got to the beach, I realized it would cut down surf time.

          The water was refreshing, the air was sunny and 80-85F with light offshore breezes which made the waves translucent. The waves were pretty small which meant it was uncrowded. Thee were fish, a shark, and tiny amounts of sea lice.

          It was fun riding lying down, which on smaller waves is easier for me to do, but I did stand up on several. One in particular was very satisfying.

          I knew I should stop, because of the chatter starting to come from my legs. But, since it was so gentle decided to keep going...so, I paddled for a nice small wave, stood up, and the toes went spastic and crossed over each other. Yikes! I panicked, which is not a good thing to do, and fell off the board, neglecting, in my panic, to cover my head when emerging.

          Yup. The board knocked me into the head. No apparent Concussion, well, just very very brief nausea. Mainly just shocked I let that happen.

          Like I always say, it’s not the Sharks I am afraid of, it’s my board and the waves, and other surfers.
          Last edited by Sunshine; 06-03-2018, 12:07 PM.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Howie View Post
            To me, that new symbol must mean...Handicapped, hurry up and get out of the way!
            Exactly--it has an aggressive look to it. It's all very well to be for the rights of the disabled but sometimes people are getting downright belligerent, which just hurts the cause of the disabled, and this new symbol looks almost fierce.

            Sunshine, what a shame you ran into a problem! I hope there won't be any bad effects. Sea lice don't sound like a whole lot of fun either, on top of the other perils out there on the high seas. A landlubber like me had to look up sea lice.

            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #36
              Sea lice are tiny bits of jelly fish and itch. You pour vinegar on it. Fresh water makes it worse

              Comment


                #37
                I had never heard of sea lice, but just seeing the name gave me the creeps!
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #38
                  64A52E53-03AB-4D21-A8B8-617F411B0722.jpg

                  Above is the current symbol to compare to newer symbol below.


                  2FF619F1-55E6-4920-8489-0919A0DD85C5.jpg
                  Last edited by Sunshine; 06-03-2018, 01:46 PM.

                  Comment


                    #39
                    The new symbol is just plain stupid - who do we complain to, other than each other.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Howie View Post
                      I had never heard of sea lice, but just seeing the name gave me the creeps!
                      I was fairly uneasy about them too and wondering at how much Sunshine is putting up with there--sharks! Sea lice! But when I found out that sea lice are just baby jellyfish I wasn't quite so bothered--though I haven't heard good things about jellyfish either, come to think of it.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I love the sound of the ocean, but I won't get in it ever again. I lived at Myrtle Beach one summer, and never went in the water. But I went fishing off the pier at night. I've seen rays and sharks caught, so I don't want to get in the water with them. Pools are for swimming, the ocean is for fishing.
                        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                        Albert Einstein

                        Comment


                          #42
                          But Howie you can't surf in a pool!!! This is the important thing to Sunshine.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #43
                            The more they eat on her, the less they will want me. You go Sunshine!
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #44
                              I count on people fearing the ocean. It keeps the swimmers and soakers down in the ocean, leaving more room for surfing :)

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Lots of jelly fish keep me out of the water. But sea lice don’t.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X