I got up early. I woke up at 5, then after trying to go back to bed, I finally just got up, and hit the store as soon as they opened. I got loaded up with food both for Sam, and myself.
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
I have a crew of 4 here that have cleaned and scoured the house for the past three hours. They are closing in on the final room. I have washed all the slip covers, towels, mats from the bathroom and boot/shoe storage as well as the dresser scarves and runners. Last three room of curtains are down and waiting to go in the washer. Next Monday the cleaners come back to steam clean the dining room carpet that was in the room with the worst damage and I am treating myself to having them clean a couch and chair that have been slip-covered due to stains. Insurance is paying for the dining room rug to be done and the crew of 4 today.
Agate, today I had a third of an Orgain protein bar and a cup of tea for breakfast. I did not feel well after that so I just sipped water and had 2 saltines until 3 PM. Then I had some cheese, prosciutto and 4 saltines. This was very satisfying. For a late supper I had a poached eggs w real bacon bits sprinkled on top. At 9:30 we had tea. That’s it.
I have had no treatment or diagnosis for this stomach fullness problem and I don’t see the GI until 12/21. I sent an email to her last Weds aft to ask if there was something to do as I am no better. By Monday afternoon I had no answer. So, I called her office. She called me back at 6 PM. She went over the normal test. She noted that the gastric emptying had a caveat that I had not eaten all of the food. True. The eggs themselves were four ounces, more than I can eat in one setting. Plus 2 toast and a large water.
She said the problem in treatment was that I had no diagnosis. She reviewed the CT scan (normal) and then wondered if I should have a CT or MRI to look at the vasculature to see if the stomach gets enough blood. She said “the only thing is those patients have pain.” I reiterated that I have no pain. I have an uncomfortable fullness that is odd and I just want it to pass. She said patients without enough blood flow have severe pain. Then she inexplicably said she was going to order that test and her office would call me to schedule it.
I do not want the test. It is another fishing expedition. I want something that will give me hope that we will find the answer and improve my situation.
Today I made a same day appt with my internist. He agrees with me about that test. Since I have had a cardiac cath and an abdominal -pelvic sono that show normal vessels and I do not have that pain, it is very unlikely that it will show anything.
Instead, he thinks it is the MS dismotility scenerio. He is going to research drugs that can be used for this and get back to me tomorrow.
Bless your internist Ann. I sure hope he does some deep research and then if he thinks that is it, I just hope he can treat it so that it just disappears. So glad you took this step.
ANN, would that diet pattern be typical for you now--since these symptoms came on? It looks as if your appetite picks up considerably as the day wears on. (I'm looking at your account of what you ate, post #50.)
If that's the way it's been going, I hope you'll mention it to the doctor. It just might have some significance.
My appetite is excellent all day. I just had an off stomach yesterday morning and couldn’t really get started eating until later and ran out of time. I usually eat more. Not a lot but more with more variety but nothing like a real meal.
I am here in spotty form. Its hard to keep up right now with reading and responding. Next week is neuro. Much to say, the increased baclofen makes focus harder, and feel jittery.
Sorry for the lack of active participation. Pool still being worked on: sanding the deck as there are dimples in it, so cant swim in it anyway. Maybe in a week or two when th sanding and repainting done.
Sunshine, I hear you on the large baclofen dose. I hope the side effects drop out or that you are able to taper your dose after you recover from the move.
I wish your pool was up and running. You must miss it. I miss you in it.
We all understand that we are not your focus right now.
ANN,
Grateful your internist is advocating and researching for you. Is he contacting the GI doc to cancel the test or will you?
Sunshine,
Is it time to consider baclofen pump so you are not so out of focus all the time and the spasms are more consistently managed? On another front, with this high dosing of the drug your mouth is drier and therefore oral hygiene needs to be much more frequent to avoid gums receding and teeth breaking. Please be careful.
Comment